CIC Report Card

glen

The CIC/RA Report Card

Worth a look at the young anklecicer’s report card as the October school week approaches.

CIC

Based on his research and presentations this should now be in place. Various critics/sceptics, Somner, Animal, Ted, seem to have been proved correct overall. while flagwavers, Poz, Div, Sid, TSU, certain journalists etc, despite their defence and belief seemed to have like so many fallen for the slick talk and promise of places on one of the many boards.

Marks out of 10… 0

Sustainability

Announcing in public that you will walk away if things don’t pan out leaving the club to be run by a collection of 3 committees is hardly the way to go about attracting public funding of around £1,000,000. Imagine the government department handing over the money and the main man walking out a few months down the line. Amateur.

Marks out of 10… 1

Salesmanship

See above. Stunts like pulling out a mobile phone saying that might be the final 1% calling right now while at a meeting called about nothing just to keep the punters happy have to be seen for what they are. Although to be fair turning the biggest section of funding into a mere 1% which is in turn believed by many has to be applauded.

Some local businessmen who were initial backers of the scheme are now amongst its/his most scathing critics.

Marks out of 10… 3

Commercial Director

After so long no sign or announcement of any innovation whatsoever, save some crazy suggestions that attracted ridicule in the press. Laundry - a washout. Church services - don’t go there. CIC members’ bar - an easy sell, some may say beads for the natives.

Marks out of 10… 2

Strip

Strip in appearance is excellent as is the change strip. Quality while not great is commercially acceptable. Talk of a third kit is ridiculous. Trying to link it to 135 anniversary is window dressing, especially as that anniversary is October 2012.

Availability is poor unless you go to the back rack at the back of JD Sports. SMFC brand presence on the ‘high street’ and throughout Paisley at its lowest since the early seventies.

Marks out of 10… 3

Sponsorship

Looks strange. Rumour amongst local businessmen is that very little if any cash benefit to club. The manufacturers putting an associated brand on the kit they manufacture and sell indicates that they would make no money if a decent cash figure changed hands.

Marks out of 10… N/A

Stadium

The Yellow/Carbrini/JD St Mirren Park. Word on the street is that although paid for by Carbrini no real sterling passed hands. Even the Hall of fame boards are predominately JD. These will have to be replaced when the contract ends too. The St. Mirren brand is sadly relegated in favour of JD. Poorly executed overall.

Marks out of 10… 2

Shop

An unmitigated disaster. Story is that he has washed his hands of this. Shop is reduced to some leisure shirts, available in any colour as long as it’s grey, and first strips. Don’t ask about the change top. Almost nothing for children. Forget flags, hats, scarf selection. Cover stories of tight stock management are ridiculous. This is hardly Marks and Sparks. A disgrace. Must have cost the club thousands over the period.

Marks(no sparks) out of 10… minus 100

Events

A Paisley business that attends every function was disappointed that there will be no second dinner this year, usually November. One of the reasons being the uncertainty in the community. Another loss. The commercial manager must be going mad.

Marks out of 10… N/A

Communication

An unmitigated disaster 2. A catalogue of missed deadlines, meetings dressed to suggest progress, information given to the chairman who is quoted in the press and tv that a deal is only a few days away; again, and again. A complete blackout of information for the (loyal) supporters (of the cic) on websites and the cessation of answering questions months ago.

Marks out of 10… minus 100

Attendance

Once never away from the place now never seen.

Marks out of 10… 3

Understanding his subject

A total lack of understanding. Referring to St Mirren FC as a ‘boutique’ football club must rank as the biggest mis-understanding of the pride and mentality of football fans and Buddies ever. We are a traditional but innovative club in our own right and have nearly always been in the top division of football.

Marks out of 10… 0

Credibility

Gone.

Marks out of 10… 0

Prospects

Even if the cic was to go through many, many fans would be worried!

Marks out of 10… 0

TOTAL MARKS OUT OF A POSSIBLE 120… minus 186

I note that you still haven't replied to my comments two weeks ago in the "It's time" thread. The silence is deafening. You have no interest in debate or discussion, your purpose is clearly to attempt to dod amage the scheme and those involved.

It appears you have about as much integrity as Johann Hari.

I note that you still haven't replied to my comments two weeks ago in the "It's time" thread. The silence is deafening. You have no interest in debate or discussion, your purpose is clearly to attempt to dod amage the scheme and those involved.

It was between you and Sid as to who'd be the first one on this.:rolleyes:

Glen makes some decent points. The CIC appears to have run out of steam and it may be difficult to get that initial enthusiasm back even if it does come to pass. That is just my opinion.

I note that you still haven't replied to my comments two weeks ago in the "It's time" thread. The silence is deafening.

It's just fashion...

Sid still husnae answered any of the direct questions he's been asked on that thread, either!

It was between you and Sid as to who'd be the first one on this.:rolleyes:

I refer you to the answer I gave earlier... :)

Guest somner9

I think that report card maybe a bit harsh :lol:

The section on "Really Pissin people off" is missing! that would surely put some points on the board

As they say down at the club shop "If you don't like it? you're stuffed" :lol:

Is not at least slightly ironic that the people moaning the CIC hasn't happened yet are the ones who either are against it or have reservations about whether it is best for the club: I'm protesting / complaining that the thing I don't like hasn't happened yet!

Is it going to happen though? The whole thing is looking like a bit of a false prospectus. The enthusiasm has gone, even you couldn't dent that.

Strip

Strip in appearance is excellent as is the change strip. Quality while not great is commercially acceptable. Talk of a third kit is ridiculous. Trying to link it to 135 anniversary is window dressing, especially as that anniversary is October 2012.

Availability is poor unless you go to the back rack at the back of JD Sports. SMFC brand presence on the ‘high street’ and throughout Paisley at its lowest since the early seventies.

Marks out of 10… 3

Shop

An unmitigated disaster. Story is that he has washed his hands of this. Shop is reduced to some leisure shirts, available in any colour as long as it’s grey, and first strips. Don’t ask about the change top. Almost nothing for children. Forget flags, hats, scarf selection. Cover stories of tight stock management are ridiculous. This is hardly Marks and Sparks. A disgrace. Must have cost the club thousands over the period.

Marks(no sparks) out of 10… minus 100

I do agree with these points. I feel the quality of strips was getting worse progressively since we got back into the SPL (1st Season back by Xara the exception), however these Carbrini strips...I'm nervous everytime I put them in the washing machine that I might take out little rags once its completed their spin!

The situation regarding the shop does p*ss me off though (sorry for language, but it does). I don't ever remember Provan Sports having such serious problems with availability for stuff like kids socks etc. or maybe I'm wrong?

Some valid points from Glen notably a lack of communication. I also feel a bit uncomfortable knowing my bank details are laying around somewhere with 800 others. Tell me a Nigerian is not looking after them. I'm sure you get where I am coming from :ph34r:

A Nigerian DOES NOT have your Bank Details...

...a Big Issue Man may well have though.

Is not at least slightly ironic that the people moaning the CIC hasn't happened yet are the ones who either are against it or have reservations about whether it is best for the club: I'm protesting / complaining that the thing I don't like hasn't happened yet!

incorrect, i have spoke witha few supporters now who were pro-cic who now have concerns. i myself was one of the first to sign up and send off bank details only to receive an email weeks later saying they dont have it. this is despite personally delivering it to the glasgow office. if they have lost it i dont intend sending another.

If it goes through and they find my details i will continue to be pro-cic. it is possible to be a member and have reservations about the scheme.

As for the shop, ffs, a complete shambles and embarrasment, i have gave up checking on matchdays.

It's a fair post Glen and I have to agree with many of your points. Where else would you get so many fans wishing a brighter future... backing a proposal which makes so much sense and then be left in the dark? Whatever the reasons are for the hold up or the failure to complete the deal there are some people who are entiltled to know and thats us! Oh and Michelle Evans said on real radio "It's not gonna happen" when asked by a friend of Tony Fitz.

Edited by reborn saint

I do agree with these points. I feel the quality of strips was getting worse progressively since we got back into the SPL (1st Season back by Xara the exception), however these Carbrini strips...I'm nervous everytime I put them in the washing machine that I might take out little rags once its completed their spin!

The situation regarding the shop does p*ss me off though (sorry for language, but it does). I don't ever remember Provan Sports having such serious problems with availability for stuff like kids socks etc. or maybe I'm wrong?

I think the strips certainly look the best they have done for years. Quality looks fine but I haven't bought one. Have the Cabrini bench coat though and it is excellent. Certainly better than my old Saints jacket, which lost it waterproofing.

The shop is a disaster though. And it doesn't sound like that will change with the CIC. Richie has got that one completely wrong. Scandalous seeing Saints fans walking roung the town with ragged looking Saints hats just now. There doesn't appear to be any sign of the shop improving either.

Edited by St. Sid

Would glen like to do report cards on Gilmour, GLS, and Ken McGeouch and the mystery 3rd bidder?

That is almost as unhelpful as the opening post. SG, GLS and KMcG have all done St Mirren a fine turn over the last few years. They will all have a part to play in the future of the club. There is no good guy / bad guy in this although Big Fras appears to be doing his best to turn himself into St Mirren's enemy No1. :P

The CIC is great for the club and Paisley; however it has also been a game changer in terms of how fans view the ownership of the club. Even what little we know of the GLS bid mentions transfer of ownership to the fans in 5 years.

If the CIC had not come to town that would never have been part of their bid. The CIC has raised fans expectations of what the club can be - no bad thing.

If it hadn't entered our cognisance then the sale of the club would be a very different experience.

What would the fans have made of a bid from a consortium led by a football agent promising to hand the club over to fans in 5 years. I am quietly confident that there would have been all manner of recriminations regarding a football agent led consortium taking over the club.

I've said it too many times. Those against the CIC have failed to present a coherent and consistent objection to the CIC. Instead they have jumped on every half baked opportunity to rally against it. That includes a two paragraph press release about the KMcG consortium bid. However, it would be just as daft for CIC-supporters to trash KMGs bid in the same way, or any one else trying to do their bit for St Mirren. :)

There is no good guy / bad guy in this although Big Fras appears to be doing his best to turn himself into St Mirren's enemy No1. :P

Very good John.

I think anyone who knows me will have a chuckle at that as well.

Actually, tell me how I have tried to become St.Mirren's enemy No.1 ?

I'd love to know how I have become such an enemy of the club, other than suggesting that the brand wasn't worth £4m as we couldn't sell-out our allocation for a Cup Final.

Sid - lease let me know why I am such an enemy to the club.

St.Sid - St.Mirren FC's St.Mirren's No.1 Enema :toilet

Edited by Big Fras

That is almost as unhelpful as the opening post. SG, GLS and KMcG have all done St Mirren a fine turn over the last few years. They will all have a part to play in the future of the club. There is no good guy / bad guy in this

However, it would be just as daft for CIC-supporters to trash KMGs bid in the same way, or any one else trying to do their bit for St Mirren. :)

Your post seems to assume I would give the other directors a bad report card when I wouldn't... I would be interested to see glen's report on the failed bids by other directors when he has such a go at RA's business acumen over the CIC effort and comes up with his objective rating of -186 out of 120 when 'his' bid has met the asking price and seems close to having the cash raised too.

Your post seems to assume I would give the other directors a bad report card when I wouldn't... I would be interested to see glen's report on the failed bids by other directors when he has such a go at RA's business acumen over the CIC effort and comes up with his objective rating of -186 out of 120 when 'his' bid has met the asking price and seems close to having the cash raised too.

Not at all, the post was a follow on from yours rather a comment about your view of the other parties involved in CIC-gate. I was pointing out that inviting a "report card" on other parties is as stoopid as Glen's report card on the CIC. :)