Is the CIC dead?

BLF

With the latest deadline being missed and the lack of information from 10000hours HQ, it seems very much to me like the sounding of the death knell for the CIC takeover plan.

The funding bodies don’t seem to be convinced enough to back the plan and ultimately it needs their buy in to go ahead.

The question is, where do we go from here?

There was/is a lot of positivity built up around the concept of the CIC – getting the fans to use their skills to help the club improve its off field activities and in particular deliver on things the fan base wants to see (new strips, legends banners etc). It would be a shame to lose that enthusiasm and newly realised resource.

Is there any way to maintain the principle of the CIC/community club/co-operative society, without it being a complete take over.

Perhaps by tagging a fans group onto Ken McGeoch’s ‘note of interest’?

The club will be sold eventually – the CIC had a lot going for it, but ultimately seems to have been unworkable – lets hope when the takeover happens it can carry some of the good parts of the CIC with it.

[NB: I have no ‘inside knowledge’, it may be that the CIC is about to announce the completion of the takeover any time now, in which case, I will duly eat humble pie!]

With the latest deadline being missed and the lack of information from 10000hours HQ, it seems very much to me like the sounding of the death knell for the CIC takeover plan.

The funding bodies don’t seem to be convinced enough to back the plan and ultimately it needs their buy in to go ahead.

There was/is a lot of positivity built up around the concept of the CIC – getting the fans to use their skills to help the club improve its off field activities and in particular deliver on things the fan base wants to see (new strips, legends banners etc). It would be a shame to lose that enthusiasm and newly realised resource.

Is there any way to maintain the principle of the CIC/community club/co-operative society, without it being a complete take over.

The club will be sold eventually – the CIC had a lot going for it, but ultimately seems to have been unworkable – lets hope when the takeover happens it can carry some of the good parts of the CIC with it.

[NB: I have no ‘inside knowledge’, it may be that the CIC is about to announce the completion of the takeover any time now, in which case, I will duly eat humble pie!]

The silence has been deafening, Heard nothing in a while, Still hope it goes through tho :)

Without senior Scottish government approval the current funding stream will not be available.

Unless there is another way I think this means the CIC is not viable.

Seems like it.

The most disappointing thing is the way the relatively high profile individuals concerned seem to have chucked it. Not updating basic information sources such as this forum or the Facebook page, when they were all over it when it suited them, is a shame.

If there is a major factor or blockage stopping it happening then come out and say so, don't just disappear and pretend it never happened. Poor show. :unsure:

It's dead.........Why can't SG just tell him to get to fcuk as he has become really annoying to most of us now. I was all for it as it makes so much sense but why does he hang about for so long. when he's failed? .Is our non information status just a part of how Maxi treats it's customers?

.....because unlike you SG and the CIC chaps have a wee bit more about them and are still fighting hard to get the CIC through. That's the 2nd time you've breeched yer kegs. :)

It's dead.........Why can't SG just tell him to get to fcuk as he has become really annoying to most of us now. I was all for it as it makes so much sense but why does he hang about for so long. when he's failed? .Is our non information status just a part of how Maxi treats it's customers?

You would think Your Gav with a new alias :rolleyes:

i think the criticism is justified though, the individual investor in this scheme (ie us) have been left totally in the dark in recent weeks. 10'000 hours were always happy to answer the daft questions on here yet now when there are serious concerns no one from 10'000 hours is around. why is that?

Everyone keeps banging on about all the great moves that has been made since the new Commercial Director came on board but a red/black strip and some JD advertising around the place doesnt do it for me. just what else has actually improved?

the biggest mess in all this is the total disgrace of the club shop, no one can disagree with that. Isnt this the responsibility of the commercial director or should we be hounding c.kennedy?

the biggest mess in all this is the total disgrace of the club shop, no one can disagree with that. Isnt this the responsibility of the commercial director or should we be hounding c.kennedy?

No.

Well said, Big Fras. I've always got the impression that Mr. Kennedy works very hard and, with the facilities he has at his disposal at the Stadium these days he can sell the club a little easier I'd imagine.

Well said, Big Fras. I've always got the impression that Mr. Kennedy works very hard and, with the facilities he has at his disposal at the Stadium these days he can sell the club a little easier I'd imagine.

fs mate it was a rhetorical question, read between the lines.

basically what im saying is that we recently appointed a 'commercial director' who, as far as i can see, has forced out a very good partner in provans who in turn had to close a town centre shop etc not to mention the state of the shop in its place. but hey, its all part of the community spirit of the CIC.

o, and a red/black away top, this season anyway............

fs mate it was a rhetorical question, read between the lines.

basically what im saying is that we recently appointed a 'commercial director' who, as far as i can see, has forced out a very good partner in provans who in turn had to close a town centre shop etc not to mention the state of the shop in its place. but hey, its all part of the community spirit of the CIC.

o, and a red/black away top, this season anyway............

I agree with you. I didn't mean to give the impression I was having a go at you either. Maybe my choice of words wasn't the best given its hard to tell a person's mood on here. I just meant I reckon he's working to his best with the tools he's been given and if he's not done this or that, then maybe you right - maybe someone "above" is blocking certain things? Who knows?

Sorry anyway.

Press Conference tomorrow? 13:00?

The email just says thanks for all the support and confirms that no maney has been taken from anyones account. I doubt there'll be a press conference about failure. Richie Rich will not be able to cast any aspertions on the powers that be as he will have intentions of having another go at CICs. Maybe back to the drawing board with wegiescumbag ladies.