Is the CIC dead?

BLF

The email just says thanks for all the support and confirms that no maney has been taken from anyones account. I doubt there'll be a press conference about failure. Richie Rich will not be able to cast any aspertions on the powers that be as he will have intentions of having another go at CICs. Maybe back to the drawing board with wegiescumbag ladies.

Where the Fcuk is my Email ? Tawkin shit again sid ! Cuntos in Community - will never fcuk SMFC ? Dick is indeed @ chancer ??? :o

Where the Fcuk is my Email ? Tawkin shit again sid ! Cuntos in Community - will never fcuk SMFC ? Dick is indeed @ chancer ??? :o

The emails will hit inboxes at different times...down to the emailer software being used and also down to your ISP. Some of the emails won't trap until tomorrow morning. Did you put a form in?

the biggest mess in all this is the total disgrace of the club shop, no one can disagree with that. Isnt this the responsibility of the commercial director or should we be hounding c.kennedy?

Well indeed and I know of at least one person at the club who did a lot of research, put together a list of what should be in a shop and has been pretty much ignored. It's a huge f**k up, yes we can wear non-badged stuff...but that's the land of the OF tinker, buying shite from a market where the owner then buys drugs to peddle them on with the profits.

If Sid is correct about the e-mail, f**k knows he's never been wrong, then who knows what options we have so far as Carbrini and expanding the sales. The Provan shop is still there, could they take on the in town sales and give JD back the shelves they so grudgingly give us so long as Provans have a yellow JD logo occupying the front window.

It's pretty obvious though that CIC, no CIC, oil magnet, tycoon, Scottish investor, fan group or Italian slime ball, the shop just can't go on.

In case any CIC investors are on a tight budget you should be setting aside a tenner a month commencing in November. :)

If Sid is correct about the e-mail, f**k knows he's never been wrong, then who knows what options we have so far as Carbrini and expanding the sales. The Provan shop is still there, could they take on the in town sales and give JD back the shelves they so grudgingly give us so long as Provans have a yellow JD logo occupying the front window.

It's pretty obvious though that CIC, no CIC, oil magnet, tycoon, Scottish investor, fan group or Italian slime ball, the shop just can't go on.

Are you really sure about that ? I mean are you quite sure ?

As recently as Oct 8th....

"In case any CIC investors are on a tight budget you should be setting aside a tenner a month commencing in November"

Please, ladies & gentlemen, have a good old trawl through "The Club Buy Out" thread on the CIC Forum. I don't really need to expand on that - just go and have a gander. By the end of this week, some people's (plural - not just St.Sid) will have their credibility on a par with Nick Griffin being invited to present a MOBO.

I don't need to say anything. Just go through "The Club Buy-Out" thread started by Lochwinnoch Saint......................

Oh dear

Are you really sure about that ? I mean are you quite sure ?

As recently as Oct 8th....

"In case any CIC investors are on a tight budget you should be setting aside a tenner a month commencing in November"

Please, ladies & gentlemen, have a good old trawl through "The Club Buy Out" thread on the CIC Forum. I don't really need to expand on that - just go and have a gander. By the end of this week, some people's (plural - not just St.Sid) will have their credibility on a par with Nick Griffin being invited to present a MOBO.

I don't need to say anything. Just go through "The Club Buy-Out" thread started by Lochwinnoch Saint......................

Oh dear

= still smarting. :)

The emails will hit inboxes at different times...down to the emailer software being used and also down to your ISP. Some of the emails won't trap until tomorrow morning. Did you put a form in?

No e-mail yet Sid, and I have the 10,000 Hours address as a "safe sender". You're surely not talking porkies (again) on this one ?

IF the CIC thing isn't happening, then I hope that a lot of the good ideas aimed at generating revenue for the club will not disappear into the ether. Likewise, there is also a large number of supporters willing to "chip in" on a monthly basis to some form of fund that would benefit the club. In today's economic times, this is not to be ignored, and will hopefully be developed into something positive.

Without senior Scottish government approval the current funding stream will not be available.

Unless there is another way I think this means the CIC is not viable.

There was some noise being made at the beginning of this year by a group of Scottish lefties who said it was wrong that public money was going to be used to buy a SPL football club.

Would put my money on them putting pressure on the Scottish parliament.

One thing is obvious something is seriously wrong as RA was always keeping us updated. This contact has stopped, you don't have to ask why it's not difficult to work out.

There was some noise being made at the beginning of this year by a group of Scottish lefties who said it was wrong that public money was going to be used to buy a SPL football club.

I've always thought that they might have a valid point Ian.

I wouldn't have thought that it is about what way one might lean politically. Personally, I will always want what is best for my club, but I can't help but wonder how I would feel about this proposal - and the use of public money specifically - were I not a St Mirren supporter.

I've always thought that they might have a valid point Ian.

I wouldn't have thought that it is about what way one might lean politically. Personally, I will always want what is best for my club, but I can't help but wonder how I would feel about this proposal - and the use of public money specifically - were I not a St Mirren supporter.

If only we were planning a network of Trams through a mongrel City, we'd get a hell of a lot of funding then. A showcase parliament then, hell even a Commonwealth Games.

There are a lot of good ideas should this fail, but the sticking point will still be the funding and the price being asked for by the consortium and that will hang over whichever group looks to move forward.

If only we were planning a network of Trams through a mongrel City, we'd get a hell of a lot of funding then. A showcase parliament then, hell even a Commonwealth Games.

There are a lot of good ideas should this fail, but the sticking point will still be the funding and the price being asked for by the consortium and that will hang over whichever group looks to move forward.

Don't get me wrong, Kenny, I'm not suggesting that it wouldn't have been a reasonable use of public money, simply pointing out that those who might question this have some justification in doing so.

From day one, the asking price has always been an issue for me. I wouldn't want to say too much on the subject as I daresay that setting the price thus was the prerogative of the consortium members, but if and when we receive confirmation that the CIC deal has fallen through, they should be having a long, hard look at themselves, IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, Kenny, I'm not suggesting that it wouldn't have been a reasonable use of public money, simply pointing out that those who might question this have some justification in doing so.

From day one, the asking price has always been an issue for me. I wouldn't want to say too much on the subject as I daresay that setting the price thus was the prerogative of the consortium members, but if and when we receive confirmation that the CIC deal has fallen through, they should be having a long, hard look at themselves, IMHO.

Understand that Drew, I also had the issue about public money though the involvement of Kibble etc did a lot to change my mind. There was a whole more thought and substance to this than I'd seen elsewhere (guess where that'd be). Groups were already online, the mistrust could easily have been controlled once the ball got rolling and I think it'd have been good for all of us. There is justification in questioning, but when you look at what goes on around us you have to ask why a Saint Mirren fan would be too public about raising those concerns (you'd want to just leave, hope nobody notices almost)...a neutral, fair enough.

The price is iffy, in this day and age I don't think a solvent Scottish club should be going for that sum even if it was 100% of it as it would take so much more to progress the club.

Understand that Drew, I also had the issue about public money though the involvement of Kibble etc did a lot to change my mind. There was a whole more thought and substance to this than I'd seen elsewhere (guess where that'd be). Groups were already online, the mistrust could easily have been controlled once the ball got rolling and I think it'd have been good for all of us. There is justification in questioning, but when you look at what goes on around us you have to ask why a Saint Mirren fan would be too public about raising those concerns (you'd want to just leave, hope nobody notices almost)...a neutral, fair enough.

The price is iffy, in this day and age I don't think a solvent Scottish club should be going for that sum even if it was 100% of it as it would take so much more to progress the club.

Aye, that's pretty much the size of it for me too.

I'm guessing you are referring to a specific St Mirren fan being public about raising concerns. I've half an idea as to who this is, and no doubt said individual/s has/have a personal axe to grind, which is a shame.

not sure st mirren fans have any influence over government concerns or policy with regards this particular CIC and the president it may set. (IMO)

may have missed it - has a fan or group brought this out into the open?

I have certainly noted on here that if it was any other club than St Mirren and any other community than Paisley/Feegie I would not be happy about public funds going to buy a middling fitba club for excess amounts of dosh.

I'm amazed to learn that it might have been me who was personally responsible for CIC's failure!!:lol:

This b+w army is more powerful than anyBuddie realises!:lol::lol: :lol:

I've been away for a week being a TCF so I'm not up to speed in anything that has or hasn't happened in the time I have been away but I can assure you that no email has been sent out informing the pledgers that the CIC deal is dead.

Anyone who believes anything that Sid writes needs their heads looking at !

I will try to get in contact with Richard and find out what is happening before the weekend and I will pass on anything he tells me.

Seems like BLF did have some inside knowledge...that is the official email from 10,000hrs hitting the email boxes now. A real shame and as BLF posted lets hope that whatever happens now some of the very positive ideas from the CIC are kept alive. :(

Liar & Fantasist at work. Again.

There is no information from Ritchie and for me that's the reason why we are speculating on the position of where the deal is. I was a big supporter of the CIC and would still be if I was kept up to speed on why the bid was failing. Ritchie has let us all down by gathering 800 members to commit to the idea then leave us out the information circle. It looks like he has bitten off more than he can chew and the current board are hanging on to the ONLY bid which could get them £2M. Shame on them both.

I've been away for a week being a TCF so I'm not up to speed in anything that has or hasn't happened in the time I have been away but I can assure you that no email has been sent out informing the pledgers that the CIC deal is dead.

Anyone who believes anything that Sid writes needs their heads looking at !

I will try to get in contact with Richard and find out what is happening before the weekend and I will pass on anything he tells me.

With the greatest respect Div, Richard should be doing that himself. It costs nothing and he used to do it fine.

If its over, delayed, still happening, whatever. Best to hear from the man himself.

I have certainly noted on here that if it was any other club than St Mirren and any other community than Paisley/Feegie I would not be happy about public funds going to buy a middling fitba club for excess amounts of dosh.

I'm amazed to learn that it might have been me who was personally responsible for CIC's failure!!:lol: This b+w army is more powerful than anyBuddie realises!:lol::lol: :lol:

I thought it was well known that the "powers that be" read your posts profusely, Bluto.

There is no information from Ritchie and for me that's the reason why we are speculating on the position of where the deal is. I was a big supporter of the CIC and would still be if I was kept up to speed on why the bid was failing. Ritchie has let us all down by gathering 800 members to commit to the idea then leave us out the information circle. It looks like he has bitten off more than he can chew and the current board are hanging on to the ONLY bid which could get them £2M. Shame on them both.

1. Speculating being the key word.

2. Sidley has let us all down with his idle gossip and scaremongering.

With the greatest respect Div, Richard should be doing that himself. It costs nothing and he used to do it fine.

If its over, delayed, still happening, whatever. Best to hear from the man himself.

Appreciate that, I spoke to him briefly this afternoon but he was having major IT issues at Maxi so he wasn't in a position to talk right now.