Is the CIC dead?

BLF

Im aware that he is involved with other clubs but the fact remains due to our commercial dept terminating the contract he was forced to close the paisley side of the business.

what we have in place is amateurish at best.

So your issue isn't actually with the CIC, you have personal issues relating to Provans losing the contract.

I think most people would agree with you that Provans delivered a great service to the fans. I think people would also agree that their service was indeed far superior to that currently being offered through the onsite shop.

The bottom line appears to be that the club is making more money out of the relationship with JD Sports than it did from the Provans relationship. I might be wrong, but it sounds like all the profit is in the strips and very little on the rest of the stuff JD Sports don't want.

It is one of those tricky business decisions that very arguably did not consider the best interests of the fan. Ironically, fans representation in the CIC model may well have blocked the ending of the contract. Which is pretty much the point of it all stoopit. :)

So your issue isn't actually with the CIC, you have personal issues relating to Provans losing the contract.

I think most people would agree with you that Provans delivered a great service to the fans. I think people would also agree that their service was indeed far superior to that currently being offered through the onsite shop.

The bottom line appears to be that the club is making more money out of the relationship with JD Sports than it did from the Provans relationship. I might be wrong, but it sounds like all the profit is in the strips and very little on the rest of the stuff JD Sports don't want.

It is one of those tricky business decisions that very arguably did not consider the best interests of the fan. Ironically, fans representation in the CIC model may well have blocked the ending of the contract. Which is pretty much the point of it all stoopit. :)

dobber

Maybe 10'000hours will come out of hiding some time soon then and we can get around to sorting out the mess of the matchday shop.

perhaps the deal with JDs does bring in more money than Provans but wasnt the shirt deal separate and it was the commercial manager, CK, that negotiated that with suppliers like hummel, core, etc. leaving Provans to hold the stock and sell it?

dobber

Maybe 10'000hours will come out of hiding some time soon then and we can get around to sorting out the mess of the matchday shop.

perhaps the deal with JDs does bring in more money than Provans but wasnt the shirt deal separate and it was the commercial manager, CK, that negotiated that with suppliers like hummel, core, etc. leaving Provans to hold the stock and sell it?

I don't think much will change with the shop until the CIC deal is through unfortunately.

I don't know the specifics of how Provans deal worked or who did what in terms of negotiations. Things like that have zero interest to me. I just like buying Saints related stuff and watching Saints like most fans. I leave all the sausage roll thieving to those that are into that kind of thing. The CIC process has exposed some of the self-interested Machiavellian w@nkers that like fannying around behind the scenes at our club though.

The sooner we are back to just enjoying the football the better. :)

I don't think much will change with the shop until the CIC deal is through unfortunately.

I don't know the specifics of how Provans deal worked or who did what in terms of negotiations. Things like that have zero interest to me. I just like buying Saints related stuff and watching Saints like most fans. I leave all the sausage roll thieving to those that are into that kind of thing. The CIC process has exposed some of the self-interested Machiavellian w@nkers that like fannying around behind the scenes at our club though.

The sooner we are back to just enjoying the football the better. :)

At the risk of being named a "Machiavellian w@nker" (but by you, it's a badge of honour... :) ), is 'sausage roll thieving' a worse crime than 'pumping up the CIC product to ensure an inheritance'?

I don't believe that either occurs in a St Mirren environment and so far there's been no sign of an Ibrox-stylee BBC investigation into such goings-on at GHR... so far....dry.gif

It's probable that both "crimes" are fictional products of fevered imaginations and so I would like to see them proven wrong - but I know which one I would deem the most heinous to commit against fellow-fans...

It would be so nice to see such scurrilous allegations quashed.B)

At the risk of being named a "Machiavellian w@nker" (but by you, it's a badge of honour... :) ), is 'sausage roll thieving' a worse crime than 'pumping up the CIC product to ensure an inheritance'?

I don't believe that either occurs in a St Mirren environment and so far there's been no sign of an Ibrox-stylee BBC investigation into such goings-on at GHR... so far....dry.gif

It's probable that both "crimes" are fictional products of fevered imaginations and so I would like to see them proven wrong - but I know which one I would deem the most heinous to commit against fellow-fans...

It would be so nice to see such scurrilous allegations quashed.B)

You're not clever enough to be a Machiavellian w@nker. :P

And so another day has passed. We have seen the "CIC must die because I can't buy a St Mirren golf top" argument die on its @rse. No further silver bullets have been produced and all we are left with is some doated auld dafty...repeatedly uttering the anti-CIC equivalent of "wibble, wibble".

tumblr_lpu0jcMQK91qb7ed0o1_400.jpg

Guest somner9

Serious question! has anyone actually heard anything concrete and real from 10000 hours or the selling consortium recently on this?

It must now be a genuine concern that it overshadows the club's future if it drags on unresolved?

It will "drag on" until either:

- the final piece of funding/whatever is missing, is resolved for the CIC team

OR

- another definite bid comes in from another group

No sign of the latter, so things will just roll along as they are now I would imagine. Unlikely that anyone else will pay £2m for 52%, so I'd expect the Consortium to give Richard as much time as he needs if he is the"only show in town".

I don't think it "casts a shadow over the club"....I mean, its not as if we are in the same boat as that lot in Govan :)

Edited by Big Fras