Is the CIC dead?

BLF

Guest somner9

It will "drag on" until either:

- the final piece of funding/whatever is missing, is resolved for the CIC team

OR

- another definite bid comes in from another group

No sign of the latter, so things will just roll along as they are now I would imagine. Unlikely that anyone else will pay £2m for 52%, so I'd expect the Consortium to give Richard as much time as he needs if he is the"only show in town".

I don't think it "casts a shadow over the club"....I mean, its not as if we are in the same boat as that lot in Govan :)

A BoD who by their own admission have run out of steam! And a shambolic merchandising dept! key indicators that the proposed drawn out takeover is affecting the club detrimentally.

The club is without direction and that will continue to create problems. Consider this: If the merchandising was operating as good as say last season and capitalised on the good form and renewed interest in the team maybe DL would have been given enough to secure an additional short term contract to strengthen in the January transfer window if he saw fit?

In simple terms this drawn out process is! costing the club and the playing budget money it can ill afford to be without

Someone needs to stand up and give direction! for the selling consortium to simply sit on their hands and pray they get their pay off at some point is not a competent and effective discharge of their duty as major shareholders and guardians of the club. They need to take control again and give the club direction.

Enough is enough!

Sorry if I rattled your cage there Big Doug. No offence meant !

It would be nice if either SG or RA came out and gave the fans an update. They don't have to, but it woukld help. The PR from the CIC team has been a bit askew since the start, and certainly put a few folk off initially, including myself. The last outing seemed very constructive, I did expect to hear a lot more since the arrival of GLS.

The current BoD have surely no interest in ignoring the general short-term running of the club, as it could only harm their sale if the CIC thing didn't work, so I would imagine we are still in safe hands, and general "direction" is just fine.

The shambolic club shop situation probably isn't hugely financially significant, but can't really be helping. At the very least it is very bad PR, and doesn't do any favours with supporters.

Like many others, the concern was/is that if we cannot run a shop properly, how the hell will the entire CIC be run. This is why I was pleased to see the arrival of GLS - at the very least he should go a long way to helping improve the management of the CIC.

I think St.Mirren FC will be fine, regardless of the outcome......but that's probably too hippy-dippy for some folks who seemingly just want to squabble 24/7.

Sorry if I rattled your cage there Big Doug. No offence meant !

It would be nice if either SG or RA came out and gave the fans an update. They don't have to, but it woukld help. The PR from the CIC team has been a bit askew since the start, and certainly put a few folk off initially, including myself. The last outing seemed very constructive, I did expect to hear a lot more since the arrival of GLS.

The current BoD have surely no interest in ignoring the general short-term running of the club, as it could only harm their sale if the CIC thing didn't work, so I would imagine we are still in safe hands, and general "direction" is just fine.

The shambolic club shop situation probably isn't hugely financially significant, but can't really be helping. At the very least it is very bad PR, and doesn't do any favours with supporters.

Like many others, the concern was/is that if we cannot run a shop properly, how the hell will the entire CIC be run. This is why I was pleased to see the arrival of GLS - at the very least he should go a long way to helping improve the management of the CIC.

I think St.Mirren FC will be fine, regardless of the outcome......but that's probably too hippy-dippy for some folks who seemingly just want to squabble 24/7.

Good post.

As things stand, we are in pretty decent shape in terms of on-field matters, and that is my principal concern, so long as there are no indications that we have any significant problems backstage that could undermine the future of the club.

We don't appear to have hit any hugely problematic stumbling blocks, and things continue to tick along. It isn't ideal, but, as has been said, we don't have to look too far afield to get an idea as to what does constitute major problems for clubs.

The shop is a shambles, and that is very disappointing. I would hope that this is among the first things to get addressed regardless of what happens with the CIC initiative. PR at the club has always been piss-poor, so there is no great change there.

Who knows, perhaps there are genuine and warranted reasons why things have gone very quiet on the CIC front. With hindsight, I'm pretty sure that Richard Atkinson regrets having attached any timescale to this process, as there was always the chance that factors that are outwith his scope of influence might come into play. It is also possible that matters are somewhat out of his control, so he wouldn't have a great deal to tell us, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he appears to have all but disappeared from the boards (and I'm afraid the Maxi Group IT failure doesn't really cut it for me). He could respond to concerns surrounding the shop, at the very least, I'd have thought. This would do his personal credibility no harm whatsoever, IMHO.

I've not pledged, so perhaps I'm not best placed to even express a view on this whole process. If I had, I might be less philosophical about things. As it is, I'm looking forward to the match tomorrow, and that'll do for now.

Guest somner9

Good post.

As things stand, we are in pretty decent shape in terms of on-field matters, and that is my principal concern, so long as there are no indications that we have any significant problems backstage that could undermine the future of the club.

We don't appear to have hit any hugely problematic stumbling blocks, and things continue to tick along. It isn't ideal, but, as has been said, we don't have to look too far afield to get an idea as to what does constitute major problems for clubs.

The shop is a shambles, and that is very disappointing. I would hope that this is among the first things to get addressed regardless of what happens with the CIC initiative. PR at the club has always been piss-poor, so there is no great change there.

Who knows, perhaps there are genuine and warranted reasons why things have gone very quiet on the CIC front. With hindsight, I'm pretty sure that Richard Atkinson regrets having attached any timescale to this process, as there was always the chance that factors that are outwith his scope of influence might come into play. It is also possible that matters are somewhat out of his control, so he wouldn't have a great deal to tell us, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he appears to have all but disappeared from the boards (and I'm afraid the Maxi Group IT failure doesn't really cut it for me). He could respond to concerns surrounding the shop, at the very least, I'd have thought. This would do his personal credibility no harm whatsoever, IMHO.

I've not pledged, so perhaps I'm not best placed to even express a view on this whole process. If I had, I might be less philosophical about things. As it is, I'm looking forward to the match tomorrow, and that'll do for now.

Mainly fair points imo, but it is a fact the club lacks direction at this moment in time and is losing valuable income streams because of that (We don't have many). The CiC issue has been done to death, what is important is the current BoD getting a grip and giving the club direction.

It's happening on Their Watch!!! they are responsible and it would be criminal if DL and the playing staff were further hampered by lack of leadership at BoD level whatever or whenever the CiC issue is resolved.

The BoD need to run the club, not the pretenders to the throne!

Mainly fair points imo, but it is a fact the club lacks direction at this moment in time and is losing valuable income streams because of that (We don't have many). The CiC issue has been done to death, what is important is the current BoD getting a grip and giving the club direction.

It's happening on Their Watch!!! they are responsible and it would be criminal if DL and the playing staff were further hampered by lack of leadership at BoD level whatever or whenever the CiC issue is resolved.

The BoD need to run the club, not the pretenders to the throne!

While it perhaps a tad harsh to say that the club lacks direction, I pretty much agree with your sentiments.

In response to the title of this Thread…

The CIC will either go ahead or it will not.

Constant worrying, knickerwetting, scandalous rumours about e-mails and folk getting their pink frillies twisted round their bum cheeks isnt going to speed up the process. The odd free Sausage Roll for St. Sid or Richie Rich might, but unless anyone out there has spare millions in their savings account then all we can do is be patient. I doubt Danny Lennon and his Management Team or the Players are affected by any of this because, quite simply its out of their control. So they get on with what Players do playing, and we the Supporters should get on with what we can do supporting the players and the manager.

Edited by Tracy Barlow Loyal

Constant worrying, knickerwetting, scandalous rumours about e-mails and folk getting their pink frillies twisted round their bum cheeks isn’t going to speed up the process. The odd free Sausage Roll for St. Sid or Richie Rich might, but unless anyone out there has spare millions in their savings account then all we can do is be patient. I doubt Danny Lennon and his Management Team or the Players are affected by any of this because, quite simply its out of their control. So they get on with what Players do – playing, and we – the Supporters – should get on with what we can do – supporting the players and the manager.

Good shout :)

Constant worrying, knickerwetting, scandalous rumours about e-mails and folk getting their pink frillies twisted round their bum cheeks isnt going to speed up the process. The odd free Sausage Roll for St. Sid or Richie Rich might, but unless anyone out there has spare millions in their savings account then all we can do is be patient. I doubt Danny Lennon and his Management Team or the Players are affected by any of this because, quite simply its out of their control. So they get on with what Players do playing, and we the Supporters should get on with what we can do supporting the players and the manager.

Surely there's no harm in ranting on a web site which plays no part in the real world and I think everyone on here will be supportng DL and the best St Mirren team I have seen since 1983 :)

So I am gonnae have a guess as to whats happening.

REA has delivered more than the funders were expecting. As a result the original contract has been ripped up and a new one is taking time to replace it. The result will be a reduction in the debt and a better deal for all.

Just a guess :wink:

Edited by reborn saint

Good sensible post from Drew. And you should not be ashamed of not signing up yet. :P

The red herring in the other posts relates to befrassled trying to link the shop to the CIC again. There is no loss to the club and certainly not to the playing side in terms of the club shop. The opposite is true. Our income from strips / merchandising is up this season. The impact of the club shop is purely on the fans being deprived of golf tops, gloves and wooley hats.

To suggest that the CIC should be rushed through so PozBaird can wear a St Mirren golf top is fannydom. Tell you what though...a Saints badge in the centre of a black dunlop windbreaker would be an ideal chrimbo present:

$(KGrHqYOKpcE35skWVbZBOFinVSESQ~~0_1.JPG

You can get them for under a tenner in Sportdirect....bung a badge on and sell them for £30. Where's "the one"?

Good sensible post from Drew. And you should not be ashamed of not signing up yet. :P

The red herring in the other posts relates to befrassled trying to link the shop to the CIC again. There is no loss to the club and certainly not to the playing side in terms of the club shop. The opposite is true. Our income from strips / merchandising is up this season. The impact of the club shop is purely on the fans being deprived of golf tops, gloves and wooley hats.

To suggest that the CIC should be rushed through so PozBaird can wear a St Mirren golf top is fannydom. Tell you what though...a Saints badge in the centre of a black dunlop windbreaker would be an ideal chrimbo present:

You can get them for under a tenner in Sportdirect....bung a badge on and sell them for £30. Where's "the one"?

Fancy a Sausage Roll, Sid? :P

I didn't. I said that if we cannot run a club shop properly (something even you have acknowledged) then it does make you worry as to how the actual club would be run. Which is why I welcomed the arrival of GLS on the scene. No criticism anywhere of the CIC as a business model.

I didn't say there was a loss to the playing side either. Making things up again. Tsk-tsk. Naughty boy.

Sid - I haven't seen the annual accounts yet. You obviously have, as you so clearly state that sales are up. What were last year's figures ? What are this year's figures. You must know these to make such a bold assertion, and you're being such a tease by not letting on. What a cheeky scamp. However, you are the speaker of truth and justice, and have never been known to make things up.

You just made that up, Siddeley :lucky