Is the CIC dead?

BLF

just how much of the support do you think uses this site let alone is influenced by aliases on here? i dont know what the unique number of visitors to this site is, 10% of the average saturday gate?

You would be surprised perhaps to know that over 13,000 unique individuals have visited the site in the last month so it is fair to say that it is read by a lot more St.Mirren fans than you think !

post-2-0-10303900-1321543622_thumb.jpg

I've said before I don't have a strong view one way or another. I was late into any discussion and despite having read everything I can I'm still not completely clear how the whole damn thing is supposed to operate. Some posters seem two-faced about the whole process. (I was going to say ambivalent but I was feart I'd get accused of using big words like what Bluto does).

blf started this thread on the 11th, of October. The CIC must be aware that the discussion is getting nearly to crescendo level. And yet, stony silence. If nothing else it's a PR disaster. I'm amazed there haven't been a stack of folk asking for their direct debits back.

Some of the posters have said they feel that only pro CIC posters are welcome and although that's clearly not true I do sense an almost schoolmasterish attitude suggesting ' we know better than you so wrap up!' Some of the posters hint at a level of insider knowledge and if that's true it's a disgrace. There are I think 800 plus St.Mirren fans out there who have pledged to help the club and they're not even getting the mushroom treatment. They're being kept in the dark all right but they're not even getting fed shite. They're being starved of information.

Sid, you've said the fans should pick up the phone and speak to the club. They shouldn't have to. You also said today. 'Not a single fact produced to date.' That's very true of the CIC.

It's generally agreed that if the CIC is dead it's not a death knell for St.Mirren. For goodness sake let's hear something and stop suggesting it all has to be a state secret.

Once again, Rick provides us with an excellent post and one that’s well worth a Green Dot in my opinion. I particularly agree with the bit in bold. I think it’s very unfortunate that some people behave in this manner on here and try to shove their views and their ways down other people's throats and then use these stupid Playgroup style like Red Dots just because another person doesn't agree with them and their strange views.

I personally think if we are all genuine St. Mirren fans at the end of the day then we should just want what's best for the Club. Yes, we won't all agree with any decisions that get made or any given Player's performance in a match or we won't all agree on how nice the strips look like but so what? If the CIC goes ahead, I'll still go along and watch the team and leave the powers that be at the top of it to try their very best to make the whole thing work and try their best for St. Mirren F.C. If that's not good enough to be called a "Supporter" for some people and I have to become a better speller or "up myself" then I couldn't give a toss quite frankly. I pay for a Season Ticket like I have done most of my life, I used to go to loads of Away Games when it looked like the Club could fold and where almost taken over by some "business man" and there was talk of ground-sharing with Greenock Morton or Partick Thistle, I've always spent loads of cash on Club merchandise and strips. No, I'm not related to a member of Staff at the Club or "in the know" about things going on but that doesn't make me any less, or better, a supporter than anyone else.

Edited by Tracy Barlow Loyal

V Good post Rick McD!

The issue I fear has become somewhat conflated (To quote an ex civil servant). I haven't heard many posters if any say they are against a "Community Interest Company"! I include myself in that, although I did see additional benefits to becoming a IPS (Co-op).

No, the people who are opposed! are opposed to 10000 Hours, Rea, Mr kibbles etc... not a Cic! big difference. One can deliver significant benefits to a community, the other bums itself up, seeks power and influence, approaches deals backwards, then goes underground when it's obvious they can't deliver a fraction of what they promised. People like St sid suggesting that if you don't want Rea making a laughing stock of your club you are damaging it have hit desperate measures in attempt to get someone to back their stance.

If 10000 hours/Rea could have done a fraction of what they said they could, and also what they assured us was in the bag, (95% done, days from completion etc, etc,) if they could have done it, it would have been done by now. They are amateurs who tried to buy a controlling interest in an SPL club with other people's money and to no one's surprise it seems the funders said "Gonnae no dae that!"

The selling consortium have to take responsibility because clearly their due dilligence as to the where with all of 10000 hours must have been flawed. things that sound and look to good to be true generally are, and 10000 hours claims were.

I expect 10000 hours have either agreed to or just cleared off without issuing a statement, which will enable the selling consortium and the other BoD members and large shareholder concerned to announce at the AGM "the 10000 hour proposal dead!" and in a heart beat say "But look we've agreed a deal with A.N. Other so no worries"

So no we are not against Community Interest Companies, thing is we never had one, and bear in mind, nor were we allowed to have any real discussion as to the make up of one!

Unlike Rea we have done and always will support SMFC till we die! And now perhaps we can put this sideshow on the road back to Ayrshire with the other "Shows" and get pumped right into the Pars shaky defence this weekend!

Saint mirren till I die!...... I could sing that 10000 times easyclap.gif

When you say that RA has been "unable to deliver a fraction of what was promised" is it not the case that as of the last CIC meeting £1.3m was ready to drawn down to pay the consortium, but there was no point drawing down the money until the £2m was reached and the deal was ready to complete. As of a few months ago, two thirds of the money to buy the 52% was there.

Guest somner9

When you say that RA has been "unable to deliver a fraction of what was promised" is it not the case that as of the last CIC meeting £1.3m was ready to drawn down to pay the consortium, but there was no point drawing down the money until the £2m was reached and the deal was ready to complete. As of a few months ago, two thirds of the money to buy the 52% was there.

Again same as other thread if that was the case then I'm sure a gap of £700k could have been plugged by extended membership/new business/increased pledges. Did anyone see copy of £1.3m worth of guarantees? Who knows, but seems strange if all that was in place why 10000 hours never progressed?

It could well be the remaining 700k is still being worked on, or the plan B option for the CIC.... the £1.3m figure was also mentioned in the PDE shortly after the last CIC meeting I think.

ETA: I am guessing the CIC hasn't progressed with £1.3m in place because that may be a similar amount to previous bids which were rejected? RA was asked if most of the money was in place would the consortium not accept that as a down payment or deposit but said he was confident the CIC would secure the £2m they had agreed with the consortium and it would be up to the consortium to decide if they were happy to start off by settling for less than was agreed.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Interesting to see the long meandering justification posts after I called a few malcontents out on damaging the club....good Buds like me can sense your shame. tongue.png

As usual we have seen the hysterical nonsense from dafties like naughty_panda, and then the veiled attacks from sneaky_pandas like the donkey daft enough to emigrate to NothrnIREland.

The CIC chaps ably supported by our baldy webmeister actually provided quite a lot of information and many public meetings, as well as other semi-public meeting for the likes of SMiSA, etc. That is quite a lot of effort to get information out there - for gopod reason they were asking for our support and many good Buds have offered it.

It is worth comparing it to the process for the sale of the ground....first we really heard about it was back in the early naughties when TH was put on gardening leave. The good buds that attended the first Q&A, in the boozers across from the old Provan Shop whose name escapes me, were all concerned about the selling of the old ground but understood the necessity as we were close to disappearing as a club. We went away concerned about the club, and pretty skeptical about the chances of us selling the ground and being able to build a new one.

There was no daily demand for an update from the BoD having heard this revelation. We just let them get on with it and it was donkeys before anything started to happen.

When the news that there might actually be a deal on the table to sell the ground, eradicate the debt and build a new stadium there was a frenzy of anti-sale activity including a press conference by a shower of ill-informed bawbags (sorry Tony tongue.png ) After they were pointed and laughed at - the fans got on bopard and supported the move through. A few hundred Buds turned up at the c"ntcil planning meeting - no doubt the same Buds that have pledged their support for the CIC.

The deal went through and the BoD cracked on with delivering the new stadium with the very welcome bonus of the training facilities. There was no demands for a daily update from GLS who we are told was soley responsible for the stadiums delivery.

The fans have been far more involved in the CIC process than they have been in the stadium move and have been given more information regarding the CIC than we ever got in relation to the stadium move. The difference is simple - a big childish sulk. smile.png

Guest somner9

Interesting to see the long meandering justification posts after I called a few malcontents out on damaging the club....good Buds like me can sense your shame. tongue.png

As usual we have seen the hysterical nonsense from dafties like naughty_panda, and then the veiled attacks from sneaky_pandas like the donkey daft enough to emigrate to NothrnIREland.

The CIC chaps ably supported by our baldy webmeister actually provided quite a lot of information and many public meetings, as well as other semi-public meeting for the likes of SMiSA, etc. That is quite a lot of effort to get information out there - for gopod reason they were asking for our support and many good Buds have offered it.

It is worth comparing it to the process for the sale of the ground....first we really heard about it was back in the early naughties when TH was put on gardening leave. The good buds that attended the first Q&A, in the boozers across from the old Provan Shop whose name escapes me, were all concerned about the selling of the old ground but understood the necessity as we were close to disappearing as a club. We went away concerned about the club, and pretty skeptical about the chances of us selling the ground and being able to build a new one.

There was no daily demand for an update from the BoD having heard this revelation. We just let them get on with it and it was donkeys before anything started to happen.

When the news that there might actually be a deal on the table to sell the ground, eradicate the debt and build a new stadium there was a frenzy of anti-sale activity including a press conference by a shower of ill-informed bawbags (sorry Tony tongue.png ) After they were pointed and laughed at - the fans got on bopard and supported the move through. A few hundred Buds turned up at the c"ntcil planning meeting - no doubt the same Buds that have pledged their support for the CIC.

The deal went through and the BoD cracked on with delivering the new stadium with the very welcome bonus of the training facilities. There was no demands for a daily update from GLS who we are told was soley responsible for the stadiums delivery.

The fans have been far more involved in the CIC process than they have been in the stadium move and have been given more information regarding the CIC than we ever got in relation to the stadium move. The difference is simple - a big childish sulk. smile.png

Aye you must be right there I mean everyone knows the business plan going forward, we've all contributed to the constitution, and being last in line to be told about the cic proposal after Business and community members didn't bother anyone! Good job the communication has been spot on and we are firing on all cylinders on the commercial front.

The CiC is deed!!! everybody knows some are in denial.

Sid you've got a nerve going on about meandering and then coming out with all that crud about the new stadium. The big difference is that no new stadium, no more St.Mirren. That doesn't apply to the CIC. There are other ways for St.Mirren to go on to more success but I genuinely don't know if the CIC is the best way forward or whether it is still proceeding at all. There's mud slinging going on and I get the feeling the pro CIC brigade have adopted the stance that if your not for us, then you're against us. Paranoia,or what?

I've certainly criticised the total lack of communication over the last few months. It now appears that there is an inner sanctum which has a lot more info than is generally available. Maybe there is something so sensitive that the club or CIC or both don't want it in the public domain but the total lack of any statement has to be totally unacceptable.

'sneaky-pandas like the donkey daft enough to emigrate to NorthrnIREland?' Not sure about sneaky. Panda I can live with, a black and white Saints fan.But donkey? That's as in 'hung like a donkey'. Shucks,Sid ,what can I say? I never like to talk about it.Maybe you know some of the many Paisley women I used to be 'friendly' with.

There's mud slinging going on and I get the feeling the pro CIC brigade have adopted the stance that if your not for us, then you're against us. Paranoia,or what?

Rick I think your posts have been good. It is probably only fair to say that the mudslinging about the CIC is cutting both ways at the minute and it isn't only the pro CIC brigade who are being unfair to those who see things differently to themselves. Someone recently summarised the CIC proposals by going on about Glasgow Ladies doing the laundry at Greenhill Road while people applauded religious nuts like David Icke or something like that and complained those behind the CIC haven't delivered a fraction of what they've promised etc and then when it was pointed out they had raised more funds to date than any other bidder for the club so far that was poopooed too. RA and the guy from Kibble also seem to be lampooned regularly on the 10,000 Hours discussion board.

Guest somner9

Rick I think your posts have been good. It is probably only fair to say that the mudslinging about the CIC is cutting both ways at the minute and it isn't only the pro CIC brigade who are being unfair to those who see things differently to themselves. Someone recently summarised the CIC proposals by going on about Glasgow Ladies doing the laundry at Greenhill Road while people applauded religious nuts like David Icke or something like that and complained those behind the CIC haven't delivered a fraction of what they've promised etc and then when it was pointed out they had raised more funds to date than any other bidder for the club so far that was poopooed too. RA and the guy from Kibble also seem to be lampooned regularly on the 10,000 Hours discussion board.

Thats me... thats me.... oooh do I get a prize?clap.gif

No press conference, but some news on the project due in the next couple of days !

News ! Implies the communication of information............

Information ! to inform , create an image in the mind perhaps..............

Image ! a picture , a map maybe, probably , more dialogue snore.gif

Hmmmm......................... It has been a while.

Thankfully since its creation, I have desisted from contributing much to this CiC topic, therefore, feel somewhat absolved from having swallowed whole or in part even tried a nibble on any form of false optimism or fatalism that always accompanies any potential good news for St Mirren.

Bitter experience seems to have taught me that with St Mirren you never ever get anything that can be construed as long term progress and momentum. Ironically , the team and manager are threatening to produce some definitive improvement , yet , meanwhile back at Base camp Inertia........................

Anyway, in the absence of slightly misguided St Mirren minded multi millionaire's , let's erm , wait and see then whistling.gif

I have spoken to Richard this morning. Expect some imminent news about the project is all I can say !

Not having a clue myself what the current state of play is with the CIC, I think the most interesting aspect of this post is the use of an exclamation mark. Maybees aye, maybees naw? Good news? Maybees aye, maybees naw. Now, as an example. My dad (God rest his soul) initially suffered a stroke and was admitted to the RAH. My younger brother lives down South, and needed to know what was going on. I reckon if I had sent the following two text messages, my brother would have made the conclusion in brackets after each...

1. Just been to see dad in hospital - will call you when I get home.

(Conclusion: Dad's pan breid', prepare for a bad phone call)

2. Just been to see dad in hospital - will call you when I get home!

(Conclusion: Dad's going to make it! He used an exclamation mark!)

Now the ball is in Div's court. He can either choose to refute my exclamation mark theory, affirm my exclamation mark theory, or perhaps think that my exclamation mark theory is the result of my fourth bottle of Corona while the wife forces me to watch Children in Need...ahem.

!

Maybe you know some of the many Paisley women I used to be 'friendly' with.

We've all shagged Gary Blues burd. lol.gif

RickD, you are simply another in a long line of Far Flung Fuds who are vulnerable to nasty pub rumour mongers who like to giggle in the pubs at the weekend about how wound up they've managed to get dafties from Chingford, Bolton and Arbroath. I know more about what is going on with KMG and his consortium than the eejits posting on here. Remember its the same dafties that took three years to get the sacking of Gus right. bangin.gif

No press conference, but some news on the project due in the next couple of days !

Fair play to you, you must be "well in there" with "the powers that be". Either that or your Bum will be sore for a few days. I just want to remind you of a post "I made earlier"...

No, I'm not related to a member of Staff at the Club or "in the know" about things going on but that doesn't make me any less, or better, a supporter than anyone else.

There's mud slinging going on and I get the feeling the pro CIC brigade have adopted the stance that if your not for us, then you're against us. Paranoia,or what?

The above statement sums this website up quite frankly.

and!!! its now a "Project"1eye.gif

lol.gif

RickD, you are simply another in a long line of Far Flung Fuds who are vulnerable to nasty pub rumour mongers who like to giggle in the pubs at the weekend about how wound up they've managed to get dafties from Chingford, Bolton and Arbroath.

lol.giflol.gif