Is the CIC dead?

BLF

Sounds good and I agree with the ! theory.The CIC is going ahead and I have a feeling the final agreement will be better than we first thought. Just IMO.

Please remember that my exclamation mark theory was borne out of four bottles of Corona, and followed a six hour drive home today from a trip dahn sathhh... Burp. I saw Ian Harte at Gretna Services. Burp! (Adds exclamation mark for effect).

Guest somner9

Strange is it not that all these peeps speak with Richard, then say more news to follow!!! What they don't actually get is any news, or indeed any confirmation of anything.

I spoke to Richard today and he assured me there was a big thing happening soon! And the Cic apparently has plans to harvest and sell "Moon Cheese" very soon taking advantage of a revenue stream that was shamefully neglected by the BoD

Strange is it not that all these peeps speak with Richard, then say more news to follow!!! What they don't actually get is any news, or indeed any confirmation of anything.

I spoke to Richard today and he assured me there was a big thing happening soon! And the Cic apparently has plans to harvest and sell "Moon Cheese" very soon taking advantage of a revenue stream that was shamefully neglected by the BoD

I got quite a bit of information, but I was asked not to reveal anything. Funnily enough, I consider being placed in a position of trust to be quite important and as a result will stick to my word and not reveal anything.

There is a statement to follow, I've read it (fair enough it could be edited since last night) and there will be more for fans to digest, misunderstand, tear apart, put their own slant on, accept, disregard or whatever.

More?

So what have I missed in recent months... ? unsure.png

No idea, I'm not entirely sure how much of the recent stuff has been fact and how much has been internet bullshit from ill informed members of this forum. I only meant more in regards to we've had information on how things could work and will receive more shortly.

No idea, I'm not entirely sure how much of the recent stuff has been fact and how much has been internet bullshit from ill informed members of this forum. I only meant more in regards to we've had information on how things could work and will receive more shortly.

Bluto's just trying to jump on the anti-CiC bandwagon, cos he thinks it's cool.

Guest somner9

Certainly not getting at you, or indeed any individual both pointless and wasteful exercises. But given what you have said that goes to cement the approach 10000 hours take as rank amateurism. They were all over the internet forums, everyone's pal, ask what you like, meetings a plenty then........ Nothing... not even the decency to contact the people who did their bit and pledged with at the least an update to say "we're still working at it"....

They gave deadline after deadline when they obviously weren't in the position they said they were, and thats the rub! Because now they are only talking apparently to a chosen few (again nothing aimed at you), again making promises, so why should the masses that supported them and were then ignored believe them this time???

It's bad form from a group that have shown complete disregard to the people that came out and answered their call. Consider this! how the hell will they cope running an SPL football club??? A bit like what goes on at GreySkull would be my guess

Bluto's just trying to jump on the anti-CiC bandwagon, cos he thinks it's cool.

Bollox. thumbdown.gif

I voiced a minimum of enthusiasm from the outset.

A good trick for Paisley, the local community and even Saints - if it could be pulled off, but if it was for any other team/town/organisation i would be more than cynical and 'anti'.

For your added edification... if questioning what 'more' could be added to nothing is anti, then you need to get out 'more'. :)

They gave deadline after deadline....

That's not actually true though is it. In fact REA dealt with the accusations about "deadlines" at the very first meeting when that psycho bint from Real Radio was doing her dinger. He explained that no deadline had been missed as there were no deadlines. If there had been deadlines and dealines had been missed then the CIC would have been dead as that is what a deadline actually means - meet it or die.

All along the anti-CIC brigade has tried to setup deadlines; however they have only ever existed in their own self-induced tortured neuroses. There are no deadlines, not one deadline. If the anti-CIC brigade had approached the CIC with an open mind rather than a big sulk they would have clearly heard the BoD state categorically that there were no deadlines and that the CIC proposers would be given time to achieve their goals as it is the best way forward for the club.

Truth and facts tend to get ignored by brats in a sulk. bangin.gif

That's not actually true though is it. In fact REA dealt with the accusations about "deadlines" at the very first meeting when that psycho bint from Real Radio was doing her dinger. He explained that no deadline had been missed as there were no deadlines. If there had been deadlines and dealines had been missed then the CIC would have been dead as that is what a deadline actually means - meet it or die.

All along the anti-CIC brigade has tried to setup deadlines; however they have only ever existed in their own self-induced tortured neuroses. There are no deadlines, not one deadline. If the anti-CIC brigade had approached the CIC with an open mind rather than a big sulk they would have clearly heard the BoD state categorically that there were no deadlines and that the CIC proposers would be given time to achieve their goals as it is the best way forward for the club.

"anti-CIC brigades" have only ever existed in the addled minds of those with something to gain by using Public Funds to buy a professional football club at an inflated price. And the slagging of open-minded Saints supporters who would like some/any information about the process is a self-serving nastiness by those same mercenary, addled minds wallowing in their own self-induced tortured neuroses.

Even your pejorative use of the term 'brigade' displays a lingering affection for your dark green side, Siddely.

Beware... :)

"anti-CIC brigades" have only ever existed in the addled minds of those with something to gain by using Public Funds to buy a professional football club at an inflated price. And the slagging of open-minded Saints supporters who would like some/any information about the process is a self-serving nastiness by those same mercenary, addled minds wallowing in their own self-induced tortured neuroses.

Even your pejorative use of the term 'brigade' displays a lingering affection for your dark green side, Siddely.

Beware... smile.png

Anybody elsed noticed a sudden drop in confidence from "the CIC is dead" brigade. The use of the term "brigade" has always been deliberate to reflect the blinkered, paranoid and genral sulkiness of the anti-CIC brigade.

bluto and co appear to have gone from gloating that "the CIC is dead" based on pub rumour to "its no fair" based on a few Internet posts. laugh.png

Bollox. thumbdown.gif

I voiced a minimum of enthusiasm from the outset.

A good trick for Paisley, the local community and even Saints - if it could be pulled off, but if it was for any other team/town/organisation i would be more than cynical and 'anti'.

For your added edification... if questioning what 'more' could be added to nothing is anti, then you need to get out 'more'. smile.png

Bluto, serious question, but why?

There are plenty of other organisations that have become SEN's, very much to the benefit of the local community and of benefit to the local taxpayer. Not a football club, but you should look up the example of the Atlantis Community Leisure Centre in Oban. The SEN there still gets a fairly substantial annual grant from the local authority off the back of an agreement made 10 years ago where the local authority wanted to offload an expensive liability to a group who believed they could run it better. The grant is around 1/10th of the amount that the council were losing on running the facility prior to the Community takeover. 10 years on the Centre has extended several times over, it's membership has increased four fold, community usage of the facility has gone through the roof and they are now a centre of excellence for a number of sports including mountain biking.

If taxpayers money was being used to increase the playing budget at the club then no-one would be more up in arms about it than me, however that is not the proposal that is on the table. Rather it's about buying a controlling stake in a facility that can be used for the benefit of the local community. A facility that is currently massively under utilised with huge amounts of spare capacity. While I would agree with the camp that says £2m for 52% is excessive, what should be weighed up from the taxpayer perspective is whether or not this single investment would be cheaper than building a new facility and running it at an annual cost to the local authority.

Personally I'm all for it. The more taxpayer liabilities that can be converted into self funding SEN's the better in my book - especially if the net result matches the success of the Atlantis.

Edited by Stuart Dickson