Is the CIC dead?

BLF

Richard Atkinson is in contract talks to buy the club. £500,000 of his own money has been set aside to make a consortium deal possible.

Well done Richard.

Great that he is putting up a large slice of the capital and those of us who contribute will have the same weight of vote regardless of prior investment.

I still believe that this is the best way forward for the club. A one-member-one-vote system that delivers true fan governance and affords opportunity for anyone, regardless of financial clout, to be a part of the running of the club, can only be a good thing.

From the times I chatted to him, I truly believe that Richard has full confidence in this model of how to run a football club and I'm pleased that he seems keen to still see it happen with St Mirren. Truthfully he could easily have gone to M*therwell or the likes and implemented his model there and given one of those clubs financial security into the future. Possibly if I had been him I would have done that after the way he was treated by sections of our "support" and by the local council and MSPs in Paisley.

Glad you've stuck it out Richard. Here's to another 135 years of St Mirren Football Club!

I still believe that this is the best way forward for the club. A one-member-one-vote system that delivers true fan governance and affords opportunity for anyone, regardless of financial clout, to be a part of the running of the club, can only be a good thing.

From the times I chatted to him, I truly believe that Richard has full confidence in this model of how to run a football club and I'm pleased that he seems keen to still see it happen with St Mirren. Truthfully he could easily have gone to M*therwell or the likes and implemented his model there and given one of those clubs financial security into the future. Possibly if I had been him I would have done that after the way he was treated by sections of our "support" and by the local council and MSPs in Paisley.

Glad you've stuck it out Richard. Here's to another 135 years of St Mirren Football Club!

blink.png

Who are you addressing this to?

Richard Atkinson clearly doesn't exist.

Hysterical bollocks!

The original plan had more holes in it than a block of Swiss cheese and thankfully never got the green light. Version 2.0 is a major improvement though.

am I reading this right?

Richard Atkinson is putting in £500K and if I put in £10 a month, we have equality??.

If I was putting in £500K you could f**k right off if you thought i'd accept equality with someone chucking in £10.

There's a saying "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is" Seems apt on that premise.

am I reading this right?

Richard Atkinson is putting in £500K and if I put in £10 a month, we have equality??.

If I was putting in £500K you could f**k right off if you thought i'd accept equality with someone chucking in £10.

There's a saying "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is" Seems apt on that premise.

Its with cynicism like that you end up living in Essex. tongue.png

Not realy a post about the cic A,B,C or D but more about Richard Atkinson. He has been our commercial director for 1 year and 9 months. There is no salary for this post and as his venture has failed you have to ask "why is he still here?". He said he would walk away if he could not achieve his goals yet he remains. He is a fairly rich man in our world with enough money to quote "I can put £500,000 into St Mirren" (source ...last meeting from his mouth). The thing is I think he is already putting money in and I think a more traditional takeover might be on the cards with Richard at the helm. Any thoughts ?

Hmmmm, not sure what to think on this anymore........

Are we in another period of total radio silence?

Is the CIC, erm co-operative a go-er or not?

Who does Richards PR?

Is the club shop still a mess?

Who is ultimately responsible for the fishel site that keeps crashing, probably a commercial and revenue generating part of the club set up?

Why can't fans buy Saints merchandising online like other clubs, apart from some strips, sometimes, through a third party?

Has the use of the St Mirren Park facilities resource been increased as in all proposed business plans? If not, why? (St Johnstone have one funeral per week, St Mirren have one a year, etc, etc)

Are these issues for the Commercial Director?

The old board are tired, run out of ideas and want out, is there any potential for a new board or are they planning to stay now?

Whats happened to Gordon Scott or Ken McGeough? (sorry spelling)

Are any or all of these things linked?

Just what is going to happen?

Why am I asking so many questions?

Certainly don't have any answers.

Nurse, pills please, may regret this post in the morning, I'm sure it's all going to be fine........

bye1.gif

A fan.

There has been no salary for any of the directors posts either past or present.

Yea i know but the difference is he is not a major shareholder like the others who have an asset which if they can sell will return a fair sum of money for all their hard work. So my question was realy quite simple, If the community takeover is dead which looks likely , he must see another way forward for his involvement in the club. You have the right to believe or not believe what he said at the last meeting but it was "I am willing to put £500,000 of my own money into the club". Now he can't do that under the community purchace but it would be a great starting point for a traditional bid. I don't have any inside knowlege of what is going on but as long as he stays at the club he must feel he has a part to play in the future buyout of St Mirren.

I think you are getting confused RS. Pretty sure he was already committing to putting in £50K. This was being matched by other people involved in v1.0 and also others that fancied v1.1.

No Sid I don't think I am (maybe Div can help out?). The £50K you refer to has already been deposited in a bank account along with another £150K from others. He told us that £200K was committed to the community takeover and the £1.3 Million funding was still possible. He then went on to say he was willing to put in £500K but others had told him correctly IMO that this would be impossible under a community purchase. He is still there working for no salary and the only question I asked is why?

No Sid I don't think I am (maybe Div can help out?). The £50K you refer to has already been deposited in a bank account along with another £150K from others. He told us that £200K was committed to the community takeover and the £1.3 Million funding was still possible. He then went on to say he was willing to put in £500K but others had told him correctly IMO that this would be impossible under a community purchase. He is still there working for no salary and the only question I asked is why?

Maybe he enjoys being at the club.

Fairenough.......at least you answered the question. I think he has more long term ambitions but as i said before it's only my opinion based on the facts I have given.

He's possibly trying to use his involvement with St Mirren to do a bit of networking for the Maxi Group, nowt wrong with that.