The Silver Thread Hotel, Punk Venue

shull

Just found out on the Billy Sloan Show, that the Silver Thread was a major Punk Venue in 1977.

It was helped mostly by Glasgow Council banning Punk Groups from their Venues for a while.

I missed aw this unfortunately, spending my limited resources on Ciggies, Booze and most importantly Fergies Furies.

Those who played there include Elvis Costello, The Rezillos, The Prefects and plenty more.

Must be Buds on here who were there, let us know who else played there and what it was like.

Sandman must've been old enough to have been a regular.

Just found out on the Billy Sloan Show, that the Silver Thread was a major Punk Venue in 1977.

It was helped mostly by Glasgow Council banning Punk Groups from their Venues for a while.

I missed aw this unfortunately, spending my limited resources on Ciggies, Booze and most importantly Fergies Furies.

Those who played there include Elvis Costello, The Rezillos, The Prefects and plenty more.

Must be Buds on here who were there, let us know who else played there and what it was like.

Sandman must've been old enough to have been a regular.

This was discussed in threads in the past.

Do a search, mibbe...?

Had a pint with the Lurkers in the Silver thread when they played there all those years ago , good guys , Generation x with billy idol , A T V also spring to mind.

If i recall correctly, I was at Rugby park for a game against Kilmarnock on the night the Adverts played at the Thread !

Elvis Costello was in the STV studios about 15 years ago to take part in a talk show, I asked him if he remembered playing in Paisley and he said " Yes, and I'm not trying to butter you up, but some of those gigs in Paisley were some of the best we ever did!"

I went to the silver thread one night during that era, but I am fùcked if I can remember who was on.

Also, I think that the sex pistols were either booked or nearly booked when they were going to tour as the SPOTS sex pistols on tour, but I think the council got wind of it and it was banned or something along those lines

Does anyone else have a recollection of this?

I think they used to hold "Grab a Granny" night there? :huh:

In fact I went a few times. :rolleyes:

That was the liberal club was it not.

My cousin took two 50 year old baggy necked bingo players back to my bedsit once and shagged the two of them then they pissed in my sink and left disgusting

stains all over my sheets, my cousin also locked me out till 6am :blink:

Edited by keyboard warrior

That was the liberal club was it not.

My cousin took two 50 year old baggy necked bingo players back to my bedsit once and shagged the two of them then they pissed in my sink and left disgusting

stains all over my sheets, my cousin also locked me out till 6am :blink:

Maybe the Liberal Club had them as well but definetly the Silver Thread.

I couldn't comment on any lovely ladies I left with. (Mainly coz ah cannie remember :lol: )

Maybe the Liberal Club had them as well but definetly the Silver Thread.

I couldn't comment on any lovely ladies I left with. (Mainly coz ah cannie remember :lol: )

Ma cousin the dirty cùnt had a fetish for them. :green which I could understand as his wife is one ugly bâstard and doesn't have her own teeth, so it doesn't need the brains of an archbishop to work out why he wants to punch the whiskers of coffin dodgers :lol: