Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Personally I'd like to see Dundee Utd hand out free vouchers to all other SPL supporters to form a fans alliance at the away end and GIRUY to the Rankers ! F*ck them and their bully boy tactics, absolute amateurs !

Was it not only about 24 hours ago that Charles Green was saying it was important for all clubs to work together on league reconstruction and then he calls for Rangers fans to boycott a cup game and rejects a ticket allocation and asks Dundee United not to sell tickets to any Rangers fans... and no doubt still wants a 50% cut of gate money!

In that case, I really hope the United Chairman is paying the players a large bonus to secure a replay and then the pump Sevco at Ibrox in the replay.

I presume Rangers fans would boycott the replay since that would be more valuable to Dundee United.

It's an interesting situation because Rangers fans will already have seen shared gate money with Motherwell and Inverness CT earlier this season. Charles Green has issued a statement saying they won't be taking up their allocation of tickets for this match but he also says that not all SPL clubs fall into the same category as Dundee United. He also expresses his position that Motherwell were warmly welcomed to Ibrox earlier this season. Take from that what you will

Here's a cracking quote from t/The Rangers' Supporters Assembly: "A statement from the Rangers Supporters' Assembly read: "The Rangers support has waited patiently for the opportunity to send a clear message to those that tried to destroy our club - starve them of their much-needed cash by boycotting this game.

"It must also be remembered the disregard this club had for Rangers supporters when it unashamedly refused to offer refunds to supporters for a game abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch in 2009.

"We also understand the desire to support the team - the fans have demonstrated this to unbelievable lengths of loyalty - but we ask that on this occasion in a one-off display of fan power we show that we have not been beaten or broken.""

Love the way they try and blame their club almost being destroyed / broken on a club like Dundee United. There was me thinking it was their own board who ran up massive debts and didn't pay taxes and other bills leading to them being placed in administration then liquidation.

Here's a cracking quote from t/The Rangers' Supporters Assembly: "A statement from the Rangers Supporters' Assembly read: "The Rangers support has waited patiently for the opportunity to send a clear message to those that tried to destroy our club - starve them of their much-needed cash by boycotting this game.

"It must also be remembered the disregard this club had for Rangers supporters when it unashamedly refused to offer refunds to supporters for a game abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch in 2009.

"We also understand the desire to support the team - the fans have demonstrated this to unbelievable lengths of loyalty - but we ask that on this occasion in a one-off display of fan power we show that we have not been beaten or broken.""

Love the way they try and blame their club almost being destroyed / broken on a club like Dundee United. There was me thinking it was their own board who ran up massive debts and didn't pay taxes and other bills leading to them being placed in administration then liquidation.

The abandoned game they always harp on about was abandoned during the match. Not cancelled beforehand. The two are quite different, Dundee United would have had to pay players, staff, police etc. Also both Rangers and Dundee United fans had to cough up for the replay. Can you imagine that Scumgers would have given the fans their money back,

no they Will get a share of the gate. Under the rules of the competition clubs split 50-50 all gate money irrespective of how many fans are there

Maybe not.The SFA are meeting on Thurs to discuss the situation.

PS.That's a hell of a user name you have billy!!!

Guest TPAFKATS

Mibbies not. The beeb says that Utd are meeting with the SFA to discuss the matter later this week.

This should be an interesting one - although its kinda hard to see how they can refuse to split 50 / 50. I'm sure if Utd were at ibrokes thay would want 50/50 split of 50,000 gate even if they only took 500 or 1,000 fans.

Just what is going on at Ibrox? We all know Green is a balloon but not so long ago he was ass licking the football authorities in Scotland. Then a week or two back he was saying that Rangers didn't ever want back into the SPL. And has been pointed out in the last 48 hours he has been gibbering about all clubs getting together regarding league reconstruction. And now this carry on about the Dundee United tie. With Green I'm always on the look out for an alternative reason. Now just suppose Dundee United, bearing in mind doubts about the financial viability of Sevco decide that they want cash up front from them before parting with a single ticket. I think I would if I ran them. If 5,000 was for example a reasonable allocation for a 'big' club like Rangers, those tickets would cost let's say £100,000. Suppose Rangers aren't in a position to part with £100k. at the present time? A reasonable assumption? The tie is two months away and a lot can happen in that time and a lot of fairly well informed opinion is that the Green circus won't make it. (I enjoy calling anything to do with Rangers green.)

Another thing at the back of my mind is the Revenue appeal. We know Rangers knew the decision before publication but the response was fairly muted apart from some of their unwashed fans. Even Murray's reaction amounted to F-all. They knew they had won nothing. The Revenue had until Christmas Eve to appeal but they have made a quick decision. I think they are confident. I still can't believe the decision reached when I read all that went on.

It's commonly believed that the Revenue cannot recover any further monies but I wonder. The Revenue didn't want Duff & Phelps appointed as administrators and with the way they went about it, it appears little wonder. BDO are apparently now involved and my understanding is that they can have the sale to Green rescinded if they feel that Duff & Phelps did not act in the best interest of all the creditors. From my position as a layman in this business, Duff & Phelps seemed more concerned with their fees and the best way to augment them was to let Rangers limp along and simply delay the inevitable. That's a big call for BDO but they are big enough and strong enough to make it if necessary.

Green is behaving strangely even by his low standards. Just what is going on? Any ideas?

Just what is going on at Ibrox? We all know Green is a balloon but not so long ago he was ass licking the football authorities in Scotland. Then a week or two back he was saying that Rangers didn't ever want back into the SPL. And has been pointed out in the last 48 hours he has been gibbering about all clubs getting together regarding league reconstruction. And now this carry on about the Dundee United tie. With Green I'm always on the look out for an alternative reason. Now just suppose Dundee United, bearing in mind doubts about the financial viability of Sevco decide that they want cash up front from them before parting with a single ticket. I think I would if I ran them. If 5,000 was for example a reasonable allocation for a 'big' club like Rangers, those tickets would cost let's say £100,000. Suppose Rangers aren't in a position to part with £100k. at the present time? A reasonable assumption? The tie is two months away and a lot can happen in that time and a lot of fairly well informed opinion is that the Green circus won't make it. (I enjoy calling anything to do with Rangers green.)

Another thing at the back of my mind is the Revenue appeal. We know Rangers knew the decision before publication but the response was fairly muted apart from some of their unwashed fans. Even Murray's reaction amounted to F-all. They knew they had won nothing. The Revenue had until Christmas Eve to appeal but they have made a quick decision. I think they are confident. I still can't believe the decision reached when I read all that went on.

It's commonly believed that the Revenue cannot recover any further monies but I wonder. The Revenue didn't want Duff & Phelps appointed as administrators and with the way they went about it, it appears little wonder. BDO are apparently now involved and my understanding is that they can have the sale to Green rescinded if they feel that Duff & Phelps did not act in the best interest of all the creditors. From my position as a layman in this business, Duff & Phelps seemed more concerned with their fees and the best way to augment them was to let Rangers limp along and simply delay the inevitable. That's a big call for BDO but they are big enough and strong enough to make it if necessary.

Green is behaving strangely even by his low standards. Just what is going on? Any ideas?

I think it's just green's usual tightrope walking, he wants to try and keep as many people on his side as he ca, in this case the scum want to boycott the game because Utd refused to refund ticket money - they've wanted to do something like this since that happened and now they see a chance and green has jumped on their side so he's seen as one of them. Either that or he's scared of the behaviour they might come out with that would remind everyone part of the reason they are despised so much.

You are of course welcome to think what you like but IMO believing this is preventing you see the bigger picture whatever that may be.

As for Green? It's all very simple. The man is an investor. He will do and say anything to build the NewCo brand before selling up for a massive profit. I think it's realistic he might sell for around £30 million in a couple of years when they've reached the SPL again and the Champions League. That would be a nice retirement package.

In order to do that he must keep the hordes onside. So he'll do and say whatever is necessary to ensure that. If you think along these lines nothing Green does is a surprise. Everything he does is for the long term. You are, I think, mistakenly looking for reasons in the short term. That's why it's not making sense.