Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

To be fair to REA - he is now working on the council of Supporters Direct http://www.supporters-direct.org/homepage/aboutsupportersdirect/governan/councils/scotland

Here is a good picture of him wearing a Saints scarf - rather ironic that when he became Commercial Director and was to stock the shop he could not understand why football fans would want to wear a scarf in August.

REA would be the first to admit he made a lot of mistakes along the way with 10000Hours - however I'm sure it was a great learning experience for him and will no doubt help some other fans take control of their club.

KR-ATKINSON1.jpg

Have you got a picture of him with his Huuns scarf on..?

Was speaking to a family friend who used to be a senior director at the old club under Murray.

His take on the current situation is as follows:

He thinks the current BOD are now trying to run the current company into admin/liquidation 2 so that they can get their hands on Ibrox, the car park and Auchenhowie - they will have loans secured on them.

He then thinks they plan to hand the reigns of another new club to the fans on the condition that they rent Ibrox and the other assets from them at a premium rate. Similar idea to what was going on at Coventry.

Would be a great shame hm?

:)

• 2 weeks later...

3.5 million loss in the last 6 months.Cash n the bank down from 21 million a year ago to 3.5 million now and a warning a season ticket boycott could finish them off.

A good start to the day.:)

I agree. :)

Here's a nice wee precis from a poster on TSFM

A key number to watch is the cash burn rate
Dec 2012 – Cash at Bank £21.2M
June 2013 – £11.2M (down £10M) or £1.67M a month
Dec 2013 – £3.475M (down £7.7M) or £1.28M a month

They're still spending over £1m a month than is coming in.

I wonder how shull might address such a conundrum...? :unsure:

They've really been handed a lifeline with the cup semi finals and especially being allowed to handle most of it in house for the United tie ....

It's almost as though there were someone conflicted (if not biased) in the highest echelons of the SFA! :o

Hang on - there is!!!

Campbell Ogilvie!

Guest TPAFKATS

According to the orcs the SFA are out to get them.

They really defy logic

The logic I heard was that regan and lawell had a business connection from previous years (prior to regan getting sfa gig).

In the OF paranoia and petty squabbling top trumps this obviously beats having ogilvie in sfa post - at least in their minds anyway

Gretna proved you could buy your way into the top league. I can't understand how The sevco are finding it so financially challenging. .mQQTzTB.gif

Gretna did indeed prove you could buy your way into the top league but I'll give them some credit in that they didn't vastly overspend until they got into the SPL. I suppose though that Sevco do have to try and sell 40,000 season tickets to people who expect a certain level of player while also trying to keep up the pretence that they are a massive club by staying at 5 star hotels the night before every game and having their own luxury coach to get them to the games. With the news today that their fans organisations are going to go ahead with the season ticket boycott unless they get security against Ibrox and Murray park it's going to be another interesting few months. My prediction ? We'll find out in July or August if the SFA think King is a fit and proper person to own a football club and take them out of administration Mk II

• 2 weeks later...