Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

That's 2 'interest free' loans totalling £3m.

One thing is certain, nobody would part with that cash without wanting a return of sorts.

Despite the financial mismanagement, I think your correct, they are buying their way out that league.

Ashley has given up the naming rights on the stadium, but rest assured he will have a contingency.

I rather hoped they would continue to be in a state of disorder, but seems their slow revival continues sadly.

the money is to keep them afloat not for buying any players

what they have is all they are going to get as far as players are concerned

the first £2M covered their outlay till the end of November...the extra Mill will see them till the end of dec

for them the January Window will be opening "outwards"

the money is to keep them afloat not for buying any players

what they have is all they are going to get as far as players are concerned

the first £2M covered their outlay till the end of November...the extra Mill will see them till the end of dec

for them the January Window will be opening "outwards"

I guess like you eluded to , if it's 'running costs' only then they are going to need quite a few quid more before May ?

I was just hoping that they have some more suffering to come :)

Ashley has lent said club another £1m.

They did indicate recently (prior to these loans) that all is well and they are on track.

Perhaps this £3m is just sat in the kitty ?

Nah... It's just paying running costs. Big stadium, big training facility, big manager and players living the high life? Costly.

That's 2 'interest free' loans totalling £3m.f

One thing is certain, nobody would part with that cash without wanting a return of sorts.

Despite the financial mismanagement, I think your correct, they are buying their way out that league.

Ashley has given up the naming rights on the stadium, but rest assured he will have a contingency.

I rather hoped they would continue to be in a state of disorder, but seems their slow revival continues sadly.

As saintargyll says.... It's barely keeping them alive, not yet a slow revival.

Ashley is canny enough to keep a Sevco team playing for the shirts that he wants to sell - not trash the whole shebang.

But he doesn't need million £ players, he needs decent players and a good manager that are coincidentally value for money... As should have been done when Rangers went into an insane form of administration and out of business.

And as for giving up naming rights of the stadium.... One of today's announcements was about a 'more normal marketing relationship' which means Sports Direct banners, flags and posters all over the Big Hoose - dignified, like...

Correct

Seems to me they are losing vast amounts every month

Blaming the fans now as gates aren't what they expected

Cost cutting has to be an option starting at the manager first

Getting rid of players or manager will still be a big cost as they have contracts. I think a lot may well be loaned to anywhere that'll take them. I was kinda hoping for McGregor back but he widnae wanta drop in his money, I guess.

Sally wullnae walk away. He has too much dosh to drop.

I laughed today at a suggestion he'd be shifted sideways to Micky Ashley's Oldham... Near to Question of Sport at Salford. :)

Also nearer to Last of the Summer Wine territory, I thought.... :)

Edited by bluto

Ashley probably has de facto control of sevco because without him, they are shafted, so they'll dance to whatever tune he plays. He has his man in at the top and all that without buying the extra shares to control the club, spfl should want to know more about this but theyve too much too lose if sevco go belly up again and are happy for them to again live way outside their means.

Nah... It's just paying running costs. Big stadium, big training facility, big manager and players living the high life? Costly.

As saintargyll says.... It's barely keeping them alive, not yet a slow revival.

Ashley is canny enough to keep a Sevco team playing for the shirts that he wants to sell - not trash the whole shebang.

But he doesn't need million £ players, he needs decent players and a good manager that are coincidentally value for money... As should have been done when Rangers went into an insane form of administration and out of business.

And as for giving up naming rights of the stadium.... One of today's announcements was about a 'more normal marketing relationship' which means Sports Direct banners, flags and posters all over the Big Hoose - dignified, like...

Getting rid of players or manager will still be a big cost as they have contracts. I think a lot may well be loaned to anywhere that'll take them. I was kinda hoping for McGregor back but he widnae wanta drop in his money, I guess.

Sally wullnae walk away. He has too much dosh to drop.

I laughed today at a suggestion he'd be shifted sideways to Micky Ashley's Oldham... Near to Question of Sport at Salford. smile.png

Also nearer to Last of the Summer Wine territory, I thought.... smile.png

Believe or not they do have some sellable assets in Wallace and McLeod

Yes.

And the BBC have altered history in their account of the demise of Rangers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-30053692

"Rangers entered administration on 14 February 2012, while under Mr Whyte's control, over non-payment of tax totalling about £14m.

HRMC subsequently rejected a creditors agreement to allow Rangers to exit administration.

This resulted in Charles Green's consortium taking control and Rangers being accepted to play in the Scottish third division."

Turns out they never were liquidated. Silly us.lol.gif

A Bobby Ewan in the shower moment? whistling.gif

Edited by stlucifer

Maybe they added the following para after you read it:

"That resulted in Charles Green's consortium taking control and Rangers being accepted to play in the Scottish Third Division.

The administration and subsequent liquidation of Rangers resulted in Mr Whyte's deal with Ticketus being declared void. The finance firm successfully sued him for £18m over the failed deal."

Also the Beeb now saying there's an arrest warrant out for poor Craigie. :o

The gift that keeps on giving.

To be fair, those part time players of Alloa would be well-rested compared to sevco's starry, international, full-time squad.

rolleyes.gif

My pals over here often ask me about the correct pronounciation of Scottish place names or teams and with the Rankers playing in minor leagues that has increased. Alloa catches a load of them out as they pronounce it as Aloha only without the 'haitch'. Brechin causes problems along with the obvious Milngavie and Strathaven. Mind you they don't compare with the classic one of Prince Charles turning up to open an animal sanctuary in Co.Antrim wearing a fox fur hat and when he was challenged he said it was his mummy's fault. Apparently when he said he was going to Ahogill, HM said 'Wear the fox hat?'

My pals over here often ask me about the correct pronounciation of Scottish place names or teams and with the Rankers playing in minor leagues that has increased. Alloa catches a load of them out as they pronounce it as Aloha only without the 'haitch'. Brechin causes problems along with the obvious Milngavie and Strathaven. Mind you they don't compare with the classic one of Prince Charles turning up to open an animal sanctuary in Co.Antrim wearing a fox fur hat and when he was challenged he said it was his mummy's fault. Apparently when he said he was going to Ahogill, HM said 'Wear the fox hat?'

How should I spell, "Groan"?

ETA: there's also an Alloa in Bavaria.

Interesting pronunciation...

http://www.forvo.com/word/alloa/

Edited by bluto

• 2 weeks later...