Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

• 2 weeks later...

Well... It's great that the BBC is finally publishing stuff in Scotland that has been online for months.

quite a fair explanation of SOME of the problems arising from the Takeover Panel judgement.  Insufficient -of course.

the career criminal King who the SFA would NOT allow to be a director of the The Rangers FC - cos that was too close to home for an acknowledged criminal for one of its clubs - turned a blind eye to him controlling the"holding company" (Rangers International Football Club). that controlled TRFC.  The SFA is guilty of accepting this chancer... In a line of chancers....

Anyway.... RIFC/TRFC.   both utterly new companies btw - no f**kin history!

as well as taking on no f**kin debts from the oldco's creditors. :angry:

TRFC owes everything (and I do mean EVERYTHING) to the holding company RIFC, of which King Is the high Heid yin.  RIFC seemingly pays all the bills for the fitba club... In soft loans against assets....   Loans that constantly need repayment,  But, of course, there are also "management fees" leaking out all over the place.

all under the guidance of Dave King - a known "glib and shameless liar"

Even more than he was before, King has now become a financial pariah.

The takeover Panel sought his compliance with their rules.   He ignored it. In fact, he tried to cover up, dissemble, not tell the truth.... Really some could call it lying....

... so they've hit him with the big guns that have not had to be used before. Ever. For anyone. They're taking it seriously even if he isn't. And they're doing it immediately.

unless he offers to buy all shares at a certain price by a certain time, he is f**ked.  I think that was last Tuesday.  He's f**ked.

i think he thinks they were only kidding.  He thought that about the South African courts who let him off when he paid a 40+ Million pounds in fines for 40+ criminal convictions.

WHAT THE BBC DID NOT MENTION....

there is this thing called The Cold Shoulder... In which NO FINANCIAL ENTERPRISE will deal with anyone who has been cold-shouldered.

that is what has happened to King.

no banks, no credit companies nor financial institutions such as accountants or auditors will want to play with him..

this could be tricky when paying wages or suppliers or asking for season tickets up front.

Like when asking punters for even more good money to be thrown after daft...  Into any of their supporters clubs, which then might vanish into a spiv's pockets...

I feel sorry for the fans.  Honestly.  They should have learned...

i find this all fascinating. :)

what has this to do with St Mirren?

our club is one of the members of the SFA... Whose management lets this shite happen.  We are paying for and accepting this devious behaviour which allows a club to hire in players - it can't afford - to beat our teams.

Edited by antrin

The Whyte saga, he was clearly a fantasist in the takeover malarkey but god knows why the directors are not up on charges as they quite clearly sold the club down the river and cannot possibly have been acting in their fiduciary duty.

14 hours ago, melmac said:

The Whyte saga, he was clearly a fantasist in the takeover malarkey but god knows why the directors are not up on charges as they quite clearly sold the club down the river and cannot possibly have been acting in their fiduciary duty.

Just reading James Dolman's tweets from the Whyte case today makes it palpably clear that it was a financial basket case well before he 'bought' the Club for £1.00.  The Club's Accountant at the time has had a hard day on the witness stand.

I wouldn't normally recommend JD'S tweets due his often rabid nationalism :rolleyes:

... but he's not all bad.

Especially when he's letting the words fall from the mouths of those implicated in crimes against us all.

The trial continues tomorrow.   Dolman and others are tweeting it.

The Cardigan and The Gardener have already been on.  Hover-Pitch Murray and Whyte will have their turns in the hot seat.  Could be interesting.

Melmac asked above why the directors were not tasked for this.  A cover-up? 

The Scottish Papers haven't been keen to even mention the subject.  They are pretending Liquidation NEVER happened after having published that precise and accurate news on their own front pages.

ETA:

THIS is probably an easier read of today's witness statements.

https://www.sfm.scot/that-debate-and-the-beauty-of-hindsight/comment-page-11/#comment-156881

and also offers some sensible commentary to help put it in context.  :)

Edited by antrin
trying to offer more info...

With regard to Wee Willie Henderson's suggestion that Sevco need a £50m injection to challenge Celtic...   :rolleyes:

With that sort of financial injection, Spartans could challenge Shellic...

And with that sort of cash injection, St Mirren could challenge Barcelona.....

(I may be biased, but I'm honest.)  :) 

4 hours ago, antrin said:

Just reading James Dolman's tweets from the Whyte case today makes it palpably clear that it was a financial basket case well before he 'bought' the Club for £1.00.  The Club's Accountant at the time has had a hard day on the witness stand.

I wouldn't normally recommend JD'S tweets due his often rabid nationalism :rolleyes:

... but he's not all bad.

Especially when he's letting the words fall from the mouths of those implicated in crimes against us all.

The trial continues tomorrow.   Dolman and others are tweeting it.

The Cardigan and The Gardener have already been on.  Hover-Pitch Murray and Whyte will have their turns in the hot seat.  Could be interesting.

Melmac asked above why the directors were not tasked for this.  A cover-up? 

The Scottish Papers haven't been keen to even mention the subject.  They are pretending Liquidation NEVER happened after having published that precise and accurate news on their own front pages.

ETA:

THIS is probably an easier read of today's witness statements.

https://www.sfm.scot/that-debate-and-the-beauty-of-hindsight/comment-page-11/#comment-156881

and also offers some sensible commentary to help put it in context.  :)

Why don't you just leave sevco alone and stop upsetting the sevco appologist , good info Bluto , still a bit to go on this one I think. .

8 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Thought the result of the final appeal on the big tax case was due the other week? What happened to that?

Still to come...

... We've had years of famine, so  let's not scurry through the feasting time. There are small pleasures to be had at such schadenfreude...

There are other cases than the Whyte and final appeal court yet to be relished.

mike Ashley, with his real big team back in the real big Premier league has been building for HIS big day in the courts against sevco in the form of career criminal King.

the wifi and software company, the stadium non-repairs...

i've learnt more about the legal system in the past three or four years than I thought I'd ever enjoy. (Not 'enjoy', perhaps relish?)

it's all far from over...    But the bad guys will get away with having done the bad stuff, I fear.  There will be some more truths, but minmal  punishment. The cover-ups will continue...  

whether sevco survives or not is a different matter... And not that important.  It's a new club with a new history and Scottish clubs have been supine.

wgaf?  Very few and they're aw spinning in their graves. :(

Have I got this right... Sir Minty says in court he would never have sold Rangers to Craig Whyte, had he known Whyte would attempt to clear the debt by using future ticket sales monies?

So, what questions DID Sir Minty ask Whyte before agreeing to sell him Rangers for a £1 coin? Wouldn't one of the conversations be.... 'What are your plans, how are you funding your plans...two sugars and milk... no worries, now, aye, I was saying... just want to make sure you're a suitable chap to take over and there won't be rabid Bears over from Norn Iron to torch my house, should you fcuk this up...custard creams'?

One must assume a conversation of this type took place between Minty and Whyte... couldn't be that Sir David Murray is a lying cnut, could it?

Edited by pozbaird

Minty's explanation of things did not come across as much like those of his Finance guy, MacIntyre, yesterday.  One of them might be fibbing! What a surprise! :rolleyes:

The Most interesting revelation/confirmation that squirmed out today (though the BBC 'avoided' noticing it) was that Murray and his Board knew, so Ogilvie knew, so the SFA knew.... That Rangers was bust and had huge social debts IE unpaid tax bills...  BEFORE the SFA told UEFA that...

...Rangers was free from all such squalid earthly troubles...  In order for them to represent Scotland in money-spinning European competition.....  Lies were told by the SFA to get the bust club a chance of money.... That should have gone to 'another' club...

the Shellic Resolution 12 people must be proud and feel a bit vindicated tonight.   Will Peter Lawell and Celtic do anything, NOW?

there is undeniable testimony to the fix being in.

the SFA lied and it was spoken of in one of the highest courts in the land.

Shame that The Gardener couldnae win those easy early matches. :)

Mair frae Murray ramorra. :)

Edited by antrin

As we're constantly being reminded, these are football clubs.  Rules to which all cling take the place of laws.  They can be bent if it suits all members, they can be adapted if it suits.  But members have to be honest with each other.

Clubs , like SFA and UEFA, come together and depend on TRUST and honesty and open-ness.  That's why there are always jobs for the boys within the organisation.

it was the complete betrayal of that honesty and trust that made that decent man, Turnbull Hutton go apeshit.

Rangers did not tell the truth about paying players dishonestly using EBTs, they didn't tell the truth about not being able to comply with UEFA regs when Ogilvie (recipient of an EBT) turned a blind eye, as Chair of the SFA.

As of yesterday, the online versions of the Scottish papers were still looking the other way about all this cheating.

it's important in a club for all to adhere to its rules.

Btw, it could be a mistake or a misinterpretation by Murray, but at one point he seemed to say that all the EBT recipients would have to settle with HMRC by 2020.

so he, himself, would have a big penalty... From £2m - £4m, I read...

poor Thommohawk, also.

Willie Henderson is just saying what the supporters all think. 50 Million ffs.
Could be interesting if Celtic remain miles clear of them over the next couple of seasons. Remember that the loyal brethren deserted on mass(pardon the pun), in the 80s when they weren't winning anything. I remember the old club playing in front of a few thousand in those days. Could finish off the Newco if it happened again.

8 hours ago, cambiebud said:

The Daily Rangers is reporting that Murray told the court that EBTs were used so Rangers could bring in players they couldn't otherwise afford!
Didn't the SFA say that no sporting advantage was gained by the use of EBTs?

Well... That was because the SFA fixed a wee consultation with an ex-judge (NimmoSnith) gave him a narrow set of parameters within which he could make a non legal judgement - and he did! Surprise!!!!    he told them what they had paid to be told.

This not the first time Murray has admitted why he used EBTs.

in the HMRC tax trials "hidden" (not at all well...).  under the name of 'Mr Black', he said exactly the same thing.

it is not news... Except to the (yawn) newspapers...

• 2 weeks later...

The comedy gold continues: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39855916 before the sale concluded Murray's advisors said in an email about Craig Whyte: ""Given the useless twits don't have the funds, it appears somewhat academic." Yet we are supposed to believe SDM was duped by Whyte. The only pity is that more taxpayer millions are being wasted trying to prosecute Craig Whyte for fraud when no attempt has been made to bring SDM to book for decades of financial doping funded by tax evasion.

4 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Received £500k development fee for one of their 15 year old youth players ( Gilmour ) today from Chelsea

Puts our transfer dealings in perspective.

"Young" OF players transfer values are always inflated. It's as if the buying clubs employ blinkered thinking along the lines of "oh, they're playing for one of the 2 biggest clubs in Scotland, they must be worth £X -mega"

A few relatively recent ones - 

Danny Wilson £2M (potentially £5M with add-ons); Lewis MacLeod £800k; Tony Watt £1.2M.

All pish, I wouldn't have any of them in the Saints squad let alone first team.

17 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

"Young" OF players transfer values are always inflated. It's as if the buying clubs employ blinkered thinking along the lines of "oh, they're playing for one of the 2 biggest clubs in Scotland, they must be worth £X -mega"

A few relatively recent ones - 

Danny Wilson £2M (potentially £5M with add-ons); Lewis MacLeod £800k; Tony Watt £1.2M.

All pish, I wouldn't have any of them in the Saints squad let alone first team.

I'd have tony Watt