Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

There's been a bit of chat that if newco are refused entry to the SFL then they'll buy Cowdenbeath.

Definitely a bit fishy that Donald Findlay has been linked to this imaginary takeover by John Brown. He is, however, Cowdenbeath born and bred. Would he and Green stoop so low to wipe out another old football club to get into the 1st division?

I have no doubt. Don't think Findlay is the majority shareholder though so it wouldn't be up to him.

Interestingly it was feared a couple of years ago that Spartans could try to take over Cowdenbeath.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/cowdenbeath-fans-fear-spartans-takeover-as-owners-try-to-cut-losses-1-797137

I have no doubt. Don't think Findlay is the majority shareholder though so it wouldn't be up to him.

Interestingly it was feared a couple of years ago that Spartans could try to take over Cowdenbeath.

http://www.scotsman....losses-1-797137

I know the owners of Cowdenbeath fairly well and would suggest they had original bought the ground to sell to a supermarket and relocate to a new stadium but that fell flat. They would be fairly interested in getting rid quickly and Donald Findley did or still does sit on the Board.

I know the owners of Cowdenbeath fairly well and would suggest they had original bought the ground to sell to a supermarket and relocate to a new stadium but that fell flat. They would be fairly interested in getting rid quickly and Donald Findley did or still does sit on the Board.

Bizarrely enough the fans don't fancy the idea as it would bring their club's intergrity into question:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=223970

Zombie related article quoting Stuart Gilmour in today's PDE:

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-sport/renfrewshire-football/renfrewshire-football-st-mirren/2012/06/27/87085-31267620/

WTF!!!!!!!!!

Our Chairman would appear to be backing entry of the hvns at SFL1

Zombie related article quoting Stuart Gilmour in today's PDE:

http://www.paisleyda...87085-31267620/

WTF!!!!!!!!!

You've got to hand it to Stewart. He certainly knows how to grab defeat from the jaws of victory.

He is making the arrogant mistake of thinking SFL clubs would just die at the chance of selling their souls for a few pounds.

It's almost sweet that he was surprised at two clubs saying no to that and not just any two clubs either - Raith and Falkirk are clubs which are struggling financially.

For them to say no to this takes genuine courage.

IMO there simply isn't anything in it for the SFL clubs.

If SevCo go to the 1st division 20 clubs out of 29 don't get to play them and only a small amount of cash comes their way which they've never had and wouldn't really miss. Seriously, what do SPL chairmen think Albion Rovers would do with 50k? Who the hell could they sign?

If SevCo go to Div 3, then every other team gives up promotion killing their league.

IMO SPL chairmen are making a mistake thinking SFL clubs can be bought.

Neither will they buy the pyramid thing.

I genuinely believe the SFL will tell SevCo to GTF.

Annan talked about Spartans getting their chance and I agree.

The ways he's thinking though there wouldn't be an SFL1.

If there's agreement on going to a 16 team league then what we might see is a new vote where the 1st division clubs are asked to take Newco in 2012/13. For 2013/14 we'd then go to an SPL1 and 2 with maybe 16 teams in each.

I want the blue bigots punished but, let's face it, we all know they'll be back in the not too distant future. Status quo in the leagues and newco in Division 3 or newco in Division 1 with the promise of a 16 team league. Would go for the latter every time.

The ways he's thinking though there wouldn't be an SFL1.

If there's agreement on going to a 16 team league then what we might see is a new vote where the 1st division clubs are asked to take Newco in 2012/13. For 2013/14 we'd then go to an SPL1 and 2 with maybe 16 teams in each.

I want the blue bigots punished but, let's face it, we all know they'll be back in the not too distant future. Status quo in the leagues and newco in Division 3 or newco in Division 1 with the #

promise of a 16 team league. Would go for the latter every time.

Do we? Seriously.Of the clubs in the SFL who have expressed an opinion I haven't seen one which looked favourably on Sevco's bid for League entry so, unless Green does go down the "Harlem Globetrotters" route how can the hope to keep a team, any team, together?

The end may be nigh for the blue brigade.

Do we? Seriously.Of the clubs in the SFL who have expressed an opinion I haven't seen one which looked favourably on Sevco's bid for League entry so, unless Green does go down the "Harlem Globetrotters" route how can the hope to keep a team, any team, together?

The end may be nigh for the blue brigade.

I never thought this was possible, but it looking more and more likely that this is a definite possibility! Yes, there is a huge latent fan-base and a massive brand attraction but if a football team has no league to play in, no rivals, no players and no official association membership - it isn't a football team - it's a pointless company that own even more pointless property that is heading towards administration and liquidation faster than you can say OVD cup!

The thing is I don't know what to call them anymore. I knew them as Rang*rs and then when Newco bought them they were Sevco 5088. Using their correct name on here was fine until I read they were now "The Ran*ers football club" which was a change. I was quite happy to call them TRFC but was informed they could not leagally use that name and went back to Sevco 5088. Now they are "Sevco Scotland" but look to be changing to "Rang*rs 2012". I don't know what to call them anymore....Any ideas??....Shull?

Edited by reborn saint

The thing is I don't know what to call them anymore. I knew them as Rang*rs and then when Newco bought them they were Sevco 5088. Using their correct name on here was fine until I read they were now "The Ran*ers football club" which was a change. I was quite happy to call them TRFC but was informed they could not leagally use that name and went back to Sevco 5088. Now they are "Sevco Scotland" but look to be changing to "Rang*rs 2012". I don't know what to call them anymore....Any ideas??....Shull?

It's ok I've got it now ....They are "The Ontario Pension fund fc"

More aliases than Captain Sensible.

There are longer versions on P&B that show up these fans for what they are.....ignorant bigots.

There really is only one solution. Shut the doors switch off the lights and let us move forward with a sport we all love. Then it would be one down one to go. Wishful thinking sad.png