Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

The SFA's Stewart Regan appears to have lost the plot. This is from an article on the Scotsman's website which was quickly taken down.

Rangers newco: 'Big problem for Scottish society' if Rangers plunge to Third Division

Regan: 'There would be a slow lingering death for football in Scotland' (SNS)

Regan: 'There would be a slow lingering death for football in Scotland' (SNS)

By STEPHEN HALLIDAY

Published on Wednesday 4 July 2012 21:26

SCOTTISH Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan has issued a startling warning of "social unrest" in Scotland if newco Rangers are denied entry to the First Division of the Scottish Football League following the emphatic rejection today of their application to retain top-flight football at Ibrox.

Regan's remarkable comment came as he insisted admission to the First Division is now the only viable option if Scottish football wishes to avoid what he described as a "slow, lingering death".

Regan bluntly asserted that Scottish football simply cannot afford to have Rangers outwith the top two tiers of the league structure, with his argument not confined to the commercial impact their absence would have.

"Without Rangers, there is social unrest and a big problem for Scottish society," claimed Regan. "They have a huge fan base and to contemplate the situation where those fans don't have a team to support, where those fans are effectively left without a game to follow, I just think that could lead to all sorts of issues, all sorts of problems for the game.

"Tribalism in football is really important. It is part of the game. People follow their clubs with pride, it is passed down from generation to generation. There are thousands of Rangers fans whose fathers and parents and grandfathers have been Rangers fans. You can't contemplate a situation without that and if Rangers weren't to exist that could have real dire consequences.

So Regan is still trying to "influence" the SFL vote on NewCo. He is acting in a disgusting manner. However, I doubt that he is acting alone in this matter.

We can thank the Pie&Bovril gang for finding this information. Page 2560, post #63979.

Jeez. And we thought things were bad when wee Jim Farry was in charge! What a d*ck.

Jeez. And we thought things were bad when wee Jim Farry was in charge! What a d*ck.

Things were way better when we had farry, the game was run much more efficiently when he was in charge. He got suckered into a war with mcCann who needed a victory for his unwashed army. The campaign to get him removed was the greatest crime against Scottish Football as it left the OF in an untouchable position and the game has never recovered.

McCoist wants Division 3.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18730809

He also doesn't grasp the fact the Rangers are no more.

"For the record, in terms of sanctions that have been imposed already, we were deducted 10 points, we had our Champions League place taken away from us, we were fined £160,000, We are out of Europe for another 3 years, And if course, we are out of the SPL.

I think that's quite a lot. "

Stupid bugger.

They've not even played a single match in their entire history, haven't won any points never mind had any deducted. Never been in the SPL to be out of it. When have Sevco ever qualified for then Champions League?

All those nights out with Gazza catching up with you?

Patrick Collins spot on with this call

I suspect he is mistaken, for civilised sanctions will not kill the Scottish game. That task can safely be left to systematic cheats like Rangers. And deluded prattlers like Stewart Regan.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2170260/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-spoken-Manchester-United-owners-Glazer-family-Patrick-Collins.html#ixzz201UwpgAP

No room for cheats

article-0-0C4BB759000005DC-882_233x423.jpg

Deluded: Stewart Regan

At the risk of intruding upon private grief, it would seem that demotion to the Scottish Third Division is the very least of the penalties which Rangers should expect for their sustained exercise in financial doping. However, Stewart Regan, the chief executive of the Scottish FA, is trenchantly opposed to such a punishment.

He pleads for the softer option of relegation to the Scottish First Division, apparently on the grounds that Rangers are too big to fail. Indeed, he has issued preposterous warnings of ‘Armageddon’ and ‘social unrest’ if the club should get what they truly deserve. Rangers in the Third Division, warns Mr Regan, would ‘kill the game’ in Scotland.

I suspect he is mistaken, for civilised sanctions will not kill the Scottish game. That task can safely be left to systematic cheats like Rangers. And deluded prattlers like Stewart Regan.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz201Sjb800

Edited by Kombi Buddie

A postponement!! looks like the SPl will be playing with 11 teams and Newco can F*ck off. This is brilliant news. Also By not having Scumco in any league, it makes things a little easer if BDO decide to revoke the sale of assets to Green. Makes it harder for Green to argue he has the players contracts, etc.

Some interesting statements coming out of SFL clubs.

It appears that it's now 14-3 against Rangers starting in Division One with Newco not in existence, Dundee not allowed to vote and Airdrie abstaining I make that there is no chance that newco can get sufficient votes to win outright any vote pitching Division 3 v Division 1. Of course the suspicion is that they still won't be given that choice and that the SFL board will attempt to manipulate any outcome.

Interestingly a number of SFL Chairmen have now come out and condemned the SFA and the SPL for attempting to - if I may paraphrase - bully them which flies completely in the face of Stewart Regan, Neil Doncaster and David Longmuirs statements that it was no time for outside influences.

The SPL clubs behaviour quite frankly stinks.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Some interesting statements coming out of SFL clubs.

It appears that it's now 14-3 against Rangers starting in Division One with Newco not in existence, Dundee not allowed to vote and Airdrie abstaining I make that there is no chance that newco can get sufficient votes to win outright any vote pitching Division 3 v Division 1. Of course the suspicion is that they still won't be given that choice and that the SFL board will attempt to manipulate any outcome.

Interestingly a number of SFL Chairmen have now come out and condemned the SFA and the SPL for attempting to - if I may paraphrase - bully them which flies completely in the face of Stewart Regan, Neil Doncaster and David Longmuirs statements that it was no time for outside influences.

The SPL clubs behaviour quite frankly stinks.

I see FIFA have now commented as well saying that sporting merit should be the guiding principle BUT that they won't get involved if SevCo go to Div 1. The SFA are duty bound to go with FIFA's stance on this but they might not.

No idea what repercussions this could have if they ignore FIFA.

The SPL and SFA need to ask themselves whether it is worth all the hassle of going through this for 1 club.

A brief risk assessment shows the "no brainer" which Gilmour was portraying as a very difficult decision.

Let's imagine they get Div 1.There's a significant risk that thousands will leave the game permanently in all divisions probably causing many clubs to go to the wall mid-season. There's also a significant risk that some sponsors present and future will be put off being involved in a corrupt league. SevCo will NEVER be allowed to live this down and for the rest of their probably brief days, their fans will be hounded about this. Banter is one thing but DECADES of having your birth and legitimacy questioned all over the world? Hmmm. IMO THAT will be the death of Scottish Football but I'm not persuaded it would be long or lingering. SevCo are STILL talking about going to England. Are our chairmen listening though?

Let's now imagine they get Div 3. Several clubs might be in long term trouble but the next season will probably be fine. The idea that sponsors will pull out before the end of the season is laughable. Yes, companies are about money but they are also about reputation. Which sponsor wants to have their brand soiled by being the one who pulls the plug on the entire Scottish league setup mid season? None of them. Not even ESPN. I'd stake my life on it. As for NEXT season, every club will have to release most players out of contract and rely on youth. The situation then resolves itself and equilibrium is restored at a lower wage bill level. I can't see the downside of this other than us losing out on all that world-renowned the sexy football we've been used to since the SPL started.

No brainer, as I said.

BTW is there ANYONE who still thinks the SPL model of chasing money is valid?

Since it started we've not qualified for any national tournament finals and have only two good Europa league runs and a host of clubs seemingly in poverty across all 4 leagues. When SPL chairmen survey the tattered landscape of Scottish football that many of them created or helped to sustain, do they get the warm glow of a grand vision achieved? Or do they realise they are personally and collectively responsible for corporate vandalism on a scale never seen in our country's game?

According to this,

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/110361-charles-green-paid-275m-for-rangers-player-contracts-and-registrations/,

Charlie boy bought all of Rangers fixed assets for the paltry sum of, NO..... NOT the £5.5 million first reported, but a mere £1.5 million.

Apparently the majority of the money was for the players' registrations.

Surely BDO have to be tearing up this carve up?

According to this,

http://sport.stv.tv/...-registrations/,

Charlie boy bought all of Rangers fixed assets for the paltry sum of, NO..... NOT the £5.5 million first reported, but a mere £1.5 million.

Apparently the majority of the money was for the players' registrations.

Surely BDO have to be tearing up this carve up?

And there is still no assurance that Green has actually parted with dosh - but instead has lodged the money in an account waiting till the newco gets the old spl/sfa membership share from the dead club.

Ah.... happy days. :)

The creditors report also reveals a legal claim for more than £25m by Duff and Phelps against former owner Craig Whyte's lawyers Collyer Bristow is now unlikely to be heard until summer of autumn of 2013.

That means Rangers will not be liquidated until 2013 at the earliest and possibly later if there are transfer fees to be paid in out standing. This more bad news for Mr Green. He can not inherit the history of the old club until the club is dead. So Newco will remain that until 2013 (assuming they survive that long).

Could be Sid, after all I've never seen them in the same room together.

No RTC is coherent, morally consistent and has a brain.

However, there is a similarity in that they have both always been Shellic men, through and through... :)

Could be Sid, after all I've never seen them in the same room together.

Nah, I would disagree with his statement that Scottish football has failed to produce a stand out talent since the 80s. Charlie Adam is a genuine talent - although scumgers tried their best to wreck his career too. I also think that Alan McGregor could have gone on to be a top class keeper if he had moved on from scumgers - he's left it too late now. Mcgready could have been a talent, but outpsyched himself with the oirish international bollox. And probably best of all was Paul Wright of killie. Could have been a Serie A striker; however being shite if you weren't an OF-player was already in play when he hit his best form - don't think he even got a gig with our shit national team?

Nah, I would disagree with his statement that Scottish football has failed to produce a stand out talent since the 80s. Charlie Adam is a genuine talent - although scumgers tried their best to wreck his career too. I also think that Alan McGregor could have gone on to be a top class keeper if he had moved on from scumgers - he's left it too late now. Mcgready could have been a talent, but outpsyched himself with the oirish international bollox. And probably best of all was Paul Wright of killie. Could have been a Serie A striker; however being shite if you weren't an OF-player was already in play when he hit his best form - don't think he even got a gig with our shit national team?

Your right Bluto.

Your right Bluto.

Paul Wright was a cracking player.....great balance, deadly finisher. He would have been great in Serie A. Much better than that cnut Gazza.

What's the implications of the November intervnetion by the SFA? It seems to have been a one-liner in most reports, but sounds like a threat that they are going to take control and do whatever they like at that point?

Just read a bit dated 7 July on the BBC Website ...

And Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan warned the game faced a "slow, lingering death" if the Ibrox club had to re-start in Division Three.

On the economic debate McCoist added: "It's the first time I have heard anyone from the SFA speak about the game in a financial sense (Methinks .. Eh? Sorry, don't believe that one) but then we have the argument that is the financial aspect more important than the massive aspect of integrity and honesty of the Scottish game? (Methinks "Of course not.")

"They might want to put us in SFL1 with more sanctions - I don't know if that is the case.

"We have a transfer embargo hanging over us but how can I operate with a transfer embargo when I only have six players? (As many as 6. That's a surprise.) It's impossible and it's just madness.

"I have in the region of six first team players at pre-season training right now, two of whom were regulars last season in the SPL.

"We need to bring in the region of 10, 12 or even 14 players. I reckon since January we have lost close to 21 players(Seems like he has a problem with arithmetic.)

"For the record, in terms of sanctions that have been imposed already, we were deducted 10 points, (In reality, that meant nothing.) we had our Champions League place taken away from us, (The champs league contenders will be relieved by that ... especially since you hadn't even qualified at that time) we were fined £160,000, we are out of Europe for another three years and, of course, we are out of the SPL.

"I think that's quite a lot." Methinks, Yes it is 'quite a lot' but you shouldn't have cheated should you? Who do you think you are? Who is bigger, you (Rangers) or the sport of football. You have shown that for Rangers it's all about money, no matter what. You have been found out. You should be disbanded and your assets sold off to repay those you still owe ... unless that is the con-men have robbed you of any assets you had left.

What an arrogant man Sally seems to have become. Absolutely shameful. Until recent events, I used to have some admiration (respect?) for Rangers' achievements whilst hating their arrogance, and the very sad fact that the reason for their success has nothing to do with football. It's all about hatred of the other lot. Sally seems caught in that loop, just like the rest of them. How sad for Rangers (and Celtic) along with the decent people of Scotland.

Edited by Qarsaan

Just read a bit dated 7 July on the BBC Website ...

And Scottish Football Association chief executive Stewart Regan warned the game faced a "slow, lingering death" if the Ibrox club had to re-start in Division Three.

On the economic debate McCoist added: "It's the first time I have heard anyone from the SFA speak about the game in a financial sense (Methinks .. Eh? Sorry, don't believe that one) but then we have the argument that is the financial aspect more important than the massive aspect of integrity and honesty of the Scottish game? (Methinks "Of course not.")

"They might want to put us in SFL1 with more sanctions - I don't know if that is the case.

"We have a transfer embargo hanging over us but how can I operate with a transfer embargo when I only have six players? (As many as 6. That's a surprise.) It's impossible and it's just madness.

"I have in the region of six first team players at pre-season training right now, two of whom were regulars last season in the SPL.

"We need to bring in the region of 10, 12 or even 14 players. I reckon since January we have lost close to 21 players(Seems like he has a problem with arithmetic.)

"For the record, in terms of sanctions that have been imposed already, we were deducted 10 points, (In reality, that meant nothing.) we had our Champions League place taken away from us, (The champs league contenders will be relieved by that ... especially since you hadn't even qualified at that time) we were fined £160,000, we are out of Europe for another three years and, of course, we are out of the SPL.

"I think that's quite a lot." Methinks, Yes it is 'quite a lot' but you shouldn't have cheated should you? Who do you think you are? Who is bigger, you (Rangers) or the sport of football. You have shown that for Rangers it's all about money, no matter what. You have been found out. You should be disbanded and your assets sold off to repay those you still owe ... unless that is the con-men have robbed you of any assets you had left.

What an arrogant man Sally seems to have become. Absolutely shameful. Until recent events, I used to have some admiration (respect?) for Rangers' achievements whilst hating their arrogance, and the very sad fact that the reason for their success has nothing to do with football. It's all about hatred of the other lot. Sally seems caught in that loop, just like the rest of them. How sad for Rangers (and Celtic) along with the decent people of Scotland.

Aaaaaargh! Methinks that anyone who says "methinks" should be dipped in a vat of honey and left in the midday sun for an hour whilst everyone else parades around nearby dressed up as a sexy female bee in the hope of attracting a swarm of randy and hungry male bees.

You said it 3 times in that post. Get stripped bud I'm on my way over with a jar of Gales' finest.

Edited by oaksoft