Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

What's the deal with their honours/history etc?

Haven't been paying much attention.

They are still claiming them despite being renamed THE Rangers. Surely new club means no history!

The SFA are still saying that if they retain the history they will be liable to lose some of the titles etc if found guilty of the dual contract stuff, which Green and McCoist say will never happen!!!

They are still claiming them despite being renamed THE Rangers. Surely new club means no history!

The SFA are still saying that if they retain the history they will be liable to lose some of the titles etc if found guilty of the dual contract stuff, which Green and McCoist say will never happen!!!

What I don't understand is if they have no history, how can they be given a transfer ban or investgated for EBT's? How can you punish a new organisation?

How can a new organisation be awarded the titles that a different organisation won?

What I don't understand is if they have no history, how can they be given a transfer ban or investgated for EBT's? How can you punish a new organisation?

How can a new organisation be awarded the titles that a different organisation won?

If a company goes bust and is bought over, lets say the new company wants to take over the existing contracts. Fine as long as you adhere to the existing conditions in the contract which by the way includes a big penalty for the late delivery of goods. Oh no thanks say the newco we dont want that. Alright then come and negotiate a completly new contract, by the way we wont be going easy on you on he deal and might give the contract to someone else. eh hange on might be better just to take the penalties.

Regarding your second point, they cant! Newco have no titles

Edited by insaintee

I've noticed they've started running their mouths again, now that they've safely been allowed back on the park.

That stuff had calmed down a bit, ever since the penny finally dropped that the belligerence from Sandy Jardine and Co was rubber stamping their ticket out of the SPL, rather than helping threaten their way back in.

For the latest instalment, it turns out that we're all........bigots!laugh.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19040706

The lad Green is well known for having a bit of a brass neck, and has already shown how far out of touch he is in Scotland, but if there's one word in the English language that the chairman of Rangers would be well advised to steer clear of when making accusations against others....

This guy will have them pining for Craig Whyte, and his pound coin, before long.

I've noticed they've started running their mouths again, now that they've safely been allowed back on the park.

That stuff had calmed down a bit, ever since the penny finally dropped that the belligerence from Sandy Jardine and Co was rubber stamping their ticket out of the SPL, rather than helping threaten their way back in.

For the latest instalment, it turns out that we're all........bigots!laugh.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/19040706

The lad Green is well known for having a bit of a brass neck, and has already shown how far out of touch he is in Scotland, but if there's one word in the English language that the chairman of Rangers would be well advised to steer clear of when making accusations against others....

This guy will have them pining for Craig Whyte, and his pound coin, before long.

Still laughing at Green's comments.

Apparently that ned Black is telling his pals he's on 5 grand a week and the newco / sevco, whatever theyre called, will be back in the SPL next season.

Still laughing at Green's comments.

Apparently that ned Black is telling his pals he's on 5 grand a week and the newco / sevco, whatever theyre called, will be back in the SPL next season.

This is probably how they're tempting Black, Beattie and Shiels to play for them - tell them they'll be in the SPL and challenging for trophies again in a year's time. Of course, the ridiculous sums of money will also help, but I will have no respect for these idiots if they do go to newco. It shows they have f*ck all ambition and are purely in it for the cash.

Also, has anyone heard the latest one from Green saying he wants McCoist to stay for 25 years and that they would never let his contract end? laugh.png It just gets better!

Edited by Sunny Saint

What's the latest then....last I saw was that they were trying to get a temporary license for Sunday's game and I heard that was played?

They were given a conditional membership on Friday with a view to the transfer of oldco's membership being granted by next friday.

Whether the illthought comments by their CEO will adversely influence anything isn't clear but I doubt it.

They were given a conditional membership on Friday with a view to the transfer of oldco's membership being granted by next friday.

Whether the illthought comments by their CEO will adversely influence anything isn't clear but I doubt it.

So basically bluto was wrong. whistling.gif

Paddy Power were doing 6/1 for the field against scumgers in the 3rd div. Stuck a fiver on it for fun.

So basically bluto was wrong. whistling.gif

Paddy Power were doing 6/1 for the field against scumgers in the 3rd div. Stuck a fiver on it for fun.

Bluto was right all along in that he got the liquidation spot on. I had doubts for a long time. Bluto and a few others still think The Rangers have a big battle to survive and that remains to be seen. If they can stagger through this season they may survive. If you have been reading P&B today you will have seen what is being said about the new Sky deal. I would love to know what the small print says or if that doesn't exist is there a tacit agreement about a rapid Rangers return even next season? I just don't believe that Doncaster,the SFA and SPL chairmen have completely thrown in the towel yet. They are saying hee-haw. The rumours about Rangers new signings being confident about being in the SPL next season may be garbage, but could there be something in it? There is a rank bad smell about just how many rules have been ignored, broken or invented to get them this far. Donkey Doncaster has been parading round London arm-in-arm with Lawless like an engaged couple. The same Doncaster who we all believed was yesterday's man and who has apparently been allowed to broker the new deal. We wouldn't have allowed him to sell programmes for our matches after the shit he came away with.

I was completely wrong about Rangers going into adminisration and I hope my suspicions about behind the scenes shenanigans going on is utter crap. If The Rangers don't blow up big style in the next few months, I really will begin to worry. A big plus is that Green is a tosser of gigantic proportions who may really blow it big style. And BDO just may throw a huge spanner in the works. But I really do believe that if it is left to the existing Scottish football hierarchy, The Rangers could be on the up and up.

Bluto was right all along in that he got the liquidation spot on. I had doubts for a long time. Bluto and a few others still think The Rangers have a big battle to survive and that remains to be seen. If they can stagger through this season they may survive. If you have been reading P&B today you will have seen what is being said about the new Sky deal. I would love to know what the small print says or if that doesn't exist is there a tacit agreement about a rapid Rangers return even next season? I just don't believe that Doncaster,the SFA and SPL chairmen have completely thrown in the towel yet. They are saying hee-haw. The rumours about Rangers new signings being confident about being in the SPL next season may be garbage, but could there be something in it? There is a rank bad smell about just how many rules have been ignored, broken or invented to get them this far. Donkey Doncaster has been parading round London arm-in-arm with Lawless like an engaged couple. The same Doncaster who we all believed was yesterday's man and who has apparently been allowed to broker the new deal. We wouldn't have allowed him to sell programmes for our matches after the shit he came away with.

I was completely wrong about Rangers going into adminisration and I hope my suspicions about behind the scenes shenanigans going on is utter crap. If The Rangers don't blow up big style in the next few months, I really will begin to worry. A big plus is that Green is a tosser of gigantic proportions who may really blow it big style. And BDO just may throw a huge spanner in the works. But I really do believe that if it is left to the existing Scottish football hierarchy, The Rangers could be on the up and up.

A lot will depend on the SFA's cunning plan for reconstruction. If that goes ahead then the newco may well end up in SPL1 or 2.

I was completely wrong about Rangers going into adminisration and I hope my suspicions about behind the scenes shenanigans going on is utter crap. If The Rangers don't blow up big style in the next few months, I really will begin to worry. A big plus is that Green is a tosser of gigantic proportions who may really blow it big style. And BDO just may throw a huge spanner in the works. But I really do believe that if it is left to the existing Scottish football hierarchy, The Rangers could be on the up and up

They don't have to blow up. Any one watching the Brechin game will realise that its worse than that. They have become an irrelevance. By Christmas Sly will be wishing they did not have a deal to show 3rd division pish cos no one's watching it. By the time they arrive in the SPL, they might even have as big a fan base as Gretna.

Oh and yes they are likely to go bust as well. Unless lots of money is pumped in to keep them afloat. Then there are the implications of being found guilty of having secret contracts with their players (and SFA officials, ex managers, and ex players). This is sadly not over yet!

Edited by insaintee

Guest somner9

I'll say it again they'll try every trick in the book to get them into a re-organised top tier next season. and the sfl clubs will be offered a better deal to help swalllow the medicine.

They don't have to blow up. Any one watching the Brechin game will realise that its worse than that. They have become an irrelevance. By Christmas Sly will be wishing they did not have a deal to show 3rd division pish cos no one's watching it. By the time they arrive in the SPL, they might even have as big a fan base as Gretna.

Oh and yes they are likely to go bust as well. Unless lots of money is pumped in to keep them afloat. Then there are the implications of being found guilty of having secret contracts with their players (and SFA officials, ex managers, and ex players). This is sadly not over yet!

I think you, somner9 and I are more or less singing from the same hymn book. I agree going bust again must be a fairly strong possibility. And they were rank bad against Brechin. Some of their fans will drift away but I think a fair number of the great unwashed will still follow follow for all the wrong reasons. But as somner9 says, there are those who will use every kind of underhand trick to get them back in the SPL sooner rather than later. If necessary they will completely rewrite all the rule books. I don't think them going bust again will make much difference. Even if they lose every case against them I still think it may take FIFA or UEFA to come down with a heavy hand. But will they?

Rangers will go belly up again and Greene will sell off the assets, leaving an almighty mess behind. If you look at recent comments such as the bigot accusations, 25 year deal for McCoist, etc, it's clear that he is playing to the sweaty masses and keeping them whipped up.

But they cant sustain the spending and i suspect the players they are signing have a clause that allows rangers to cancel their contract at any time with minimal penalties

Edited by beyond our ken

You may be right about the likelihood of finagling to get Newco The Rangers back in to the SPL ASAP, but today's Herald has a piece by Richard Wilson, an extract from which is below.

"Sky Sports have agreed a five-year broadcast deal with the Scottish Premier League that will also include coverage of Rangers in the third division.

Herald Sport understands that the deal is worth around £14m a season and contains no clauses regarding the return of the Ibrox side after one year. The contract is based on the assumption that Rangers will work their way back up the leagues, and so not returning to the SPL until the 2015/2016 season at least.

The deal is worth around £2m per season less than the contract the SPL had previously agreed with Sky and which was due to begin this season, but there is less of a reduction than many clubs feared because Sky considers Rangers' games in the SFL as an additional product."

It seems that Sky are not too bothered, but no one can predict what SPL chairmen and the SFA may get up to.

You may be right about the likelihood of finagling to get Newco The Rangers back in to the SPL ASAP, but today's Herald has a piece by Richard Wilson, an extract from which is below.

"Sky Sports have agreed a five-year broadcast deal with the Scottish Premier League that will also include coverage of Rangers in the third division.

Herald Sport understands that the deal is worth around £14m a season and contains no clauses regarding the return of the Ibrox side after one year. The contract is based on the assumption that Rangers will work their way back up the leagues, and so not returning to the SPL until the 2015/2016 season at least.

The deal is worth around £2m per season less than the contract the SPL had previously agreed with Sky and which was due to begin this season, but there is less of a reduction than many clubs feared because Sky considers Rangers' games in the SFL as an additional product."

It seems that Sky are not too bothered, but no one can predict what SPL chairmen and the SFA may get up to.

I think the SPL Chairmen would be wise to listen to their fans again.....