Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Buddy or Buddie? I had this conversation with a Bairn I know and he wanted to know which was right,so I looked it up. Seems both get used. Is there an offeeeeshull version for the list? But so I can stay in your gang I'll use Buddy from now on.

So,Shull, if Craig Whyte comes up to you singing 'Buddy Can You Spare A Dime?', I take it you'll knock him back?

Naw, knock him oot.

Seriously, i feel sorry for him.

He's taken on a huge mess.

Buddy or Buddie? I had this conversation with a Bairn I know and he wanted to know which was right,so I looked it up. Seems both get used. Is there an offeeeeshull version for the list? But so I can stay in your gang I'll use Buddy from now on.

So,Shull, if Craig Whyte comes up to you singing 'Buddy Can You Spare A Dime?', I take it you'll knock him back?

Er... shull's not really the goto guy for spelling...

Dick Chinnery (cf :this forum) would be yer best Buddie. rolleyes.gif

In his absence, may I assist?

For Paisley Buddies (derived from Bodies) it's never a 'y'.

In the americanised generic for 'acquaintance', I'd concede 'y' OR 'ie'...

Edited by bluto

Buddy or Buddie?

It is in fact Bodie....a term used to describe weavers...as in how many bodies will we need to complete this f'k'n shawl. The grammarians couldnae resist fannying around with the spelling and changed it to Buddies.....

"shull" is of course the original and proper term used to describe the Paisley "shawl".....again until the grammarians started fannying around with our great and proud dialect.

That quote sums you and the rest up....You are no better than the scum you hate ...In fact you are worse....Red dots are welcome.........You and your kind are a disgrace to Paisley.If it was Jim Goodwin next week what would you say then?

Dry your eyes reborn.The wee prick deserved everything he got.

Dry your eyes reborn.The wee prick deserved everything he got.

Naismith lost the ball and tried to win it back, A tackle you will see every week in football. It was not malicious and at worst a booking. If it was Jim Goodwin then your comments would be ...lets say altered. It's one thing hating the OF but you sound just like them.

Naismith lost the ball and tried to win it back, A tackle you will see every week in football. It was not malicious and at worst a booking. If it was Jim Goodwin then your comments would be ...lets say altered. It's one thing hating the OF but you sound just like them.

I would doubt that HSS ( a gentleman in every way, from thankfully brief acquaintance) would be basing his opinion on a single tackle. I think there would be some history and 'previous' to be taken into consideration.

And I am sure you are well aware of that. :)

Good try, though...

It is in fact Bodie....a term used to describe weavers...as in how many bodies will we need to complete this f'k'n shawl. The grammarians couldnae resist fannying around with the spelling and changed it to Buddies.....

"shull" is of course the original and proper term used to describe the Paisley "shawl".....again until the grammarians started fannying around with our great and proud dialect.

Thank you for that Sid. I've been wondering what the username Shull was all about but too embarrassed to ask unsure.png, especially with the likes of Bluto on here who would just rip the pash for not knowing dry.png. I liked the way you explained it without any hint of patronising either - something the aforementioned probably wouldn't have been able to do! tongue.png

Anyway, now I know what a "Shull" is. Many thanks!

Thank you for that Sid. I've been wondering what the username Shull was all about but too embarrassed to ask unsure.png, especially with the likes of Bluto on here who would just rip the pash for not knowing dry.png. I liked the way you explained it without any hint of patronising either - something the aforementioned probably wouldn't have been able to do! tongue.png

OH.... FFS! laugh.png

You're such a sensitive soul. If you feel patronised by me - your problem. I don't give a f**k - I just TRY to be honest and available with information, if I can help. I could/should just let folk stay ignorant. tongue.png

Anyway, now I know what a "Shull" is. Many thanks!

Have you checked? Does shull know that? Is Sid a reliable source? laugh.png

Edited by bluto

OH.... FFS! laugh.png

You're such a sensitive soul. If you feel patronised by me - your problem. I don't give a f**k - I just TRY to be honest and available with information, if I can help. I could/should just let folk stay ignorant.

QED laugh.png

NOW - GET BACK ON f**kIN TOPIC!

Good to see you reverting to type with your usual abusive and foul language dry.png. All that money your folks spent on your Education has obviously paid off, what with you being a Super Intelligent Grammarian Bus Driver and all, congratulations. clap2.gif

Exile 0 -1 Barlow. punk.gifcool.png

if i had a Q i'd ask B

Saint Argyll, I totally agree, Bluto is knowledgeable about many things, or he least gives that impression to me anyway, but its a pity he spoils it by acting smug towards people that maybe aren't the best at typing or spelling or even capable of putting a comma in the right place. I thought this was a Forum for Football Supporters of St. Mirren F.C., not exams in the Queen's English or for a place in a Grammarian Secret Morons Society. nerd.gif

this is where you are being slightly whoooshed . . Its bluto's mantra to point out spelling misteaks . . .same as shull is a stingy old bugger . . .sid has wonderful excusive signings . . And shrek turns up at games . . You getting it yet?

Less of the old, ye spangle.

Saint Argyll, I totally agree, Bluto is knowledgeable about many things.......in a Grammarian Secret Morons Society. nerd.gif

"Grammarians"... so ye cannae read either? Or is it an abject attempt at wind-up? Or short-term memory loss? I did say...

Credit where credit is due - what knowledgeability, spellingness and comma-correcting skills I possess are all due to that wonderful institution - old Camphill. No fees passed hands. :)

this is where you are being slightly whoooshed . . Its bluto's mantra to point out spelling misteaks . . .same as shull is a stingy old bugger . . .sid has wonderful excusive signings . . And shrek turns up at games . . You getting it yet?

Ta. :)

A post I can really get my teeth intae...

"Grammarians"... so ye cannae read either? Or is it an abject attempt at wind-up? Or short-term memory loss? I did say...

Credit where credit is due - what knowledgeability, spellingness and comma-correcting skills I possess are all due to that wonderful institution - old Camphill. No fees passed hands. smile.png

Ta. smile.png

A post I can really get my teeth intae...

Hhmm...I don't seem to recall ever suggesting they did...but if you have a guilty conscience that's your problem, not mine.spudnikdiscoball.gif

Ah, all this time I thought Bluto and Sid were just taking the p*ss and being the Class Clowns...silly me.unsure.png

Shrek? I thought he'd support C*lt*c given his colour.

So what is your "mantra" or "prerogative"? Bluto's Fan Club Secretary?

Edited by Tracy Barlow Loyal

All that money your folks spent on your Education has obviously paid off, what with you being a Super Intelligent Grammarian Bus Driver and all, congratulations.

"Grammarians"... so ye cannae read either? Or is it an abject attempt at wind-up? Or short-term memory loss? No fees passed hands. smile.png

Hhmm...I don't seem to recall ever suggesting they did...but if you have a guilty conscience that's your problem, not mine.spudnikdiscoball.gif

I never get bored being right.

No need to apologise and backtrack. It would be nice if you stayed on the topic or took your irrelevant, erroneous posts to General Nonsense. I'll gladly correct you there, too.

I never get bored being right.

No need to apologise and backtrack. It would be nice if you stayed on the topic or took your irrelevant, erroneous posts to General Nonsense. I'll gladly correct you there, too.

Hhmmm...Once again I see no evidence of me using the words "fees" or "passed hands"...strange that you can see that I've used these words, eh Bluto? bangin.gif