Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Let's say we accept that no matter how much debt r*ngers may run up, how much unpaid tax they run up, how much PAYE they avoid paying, how many dodgy offshore accounts they open, how crooked their owner is, and how hard the HMRC might rape them.... no matter if they go into administration, liquidation, or any of it.... they won't be demoted from the SPL.

OK, let's accept that and question what sort of r*ngers post-meltdown will be playing in the SPL. I assume they'll get a ten or fifteen point penalty? I assume they'll still play at Ibrox, I assume they'll still be called r*ngers, and I assume that somehow, by hook or by crook, they'll have at their disposal a squad who, as usual, will finish no lower than 2nd place in the SPL.

So, my question is simple. Where's the pain in them being debt dodging cnuts? Where's the punishment? If we accept they remain an SPL side, does anyone expect them to sell every talented player they have, and suddenly, despite still playing to 50,000 crowds - they are down and dirty with us and Dunfermline or Killie, fighting with us for signings like Dougie Imrie and only being able to pay Killie or St Mirren style wages?

I can't see that happening. I don't get it. The cnuts will carry on as normal, just like Livvy, Dundee and Motherwell before them. A trail of shafted creditors, youth players, staff at the stadium and Murray Park laid off.... but still signing cnuts like Jelavic or Davis standard and getting into the Champions League.

I honestly don't get it. I'd love to see any of us, or our bosses, run their business the way of r*ngers FC. We'd have the bank manager and tax man closing us down and shutting up shop in five minutes flat.

For once I can only see the words of Shull being appropriate here.... Fcuk um'.

I agree with all your points but don't think any sense of fairness or what is morally right will come into the SPL's thinking on r*ngers staying in the SPL. The SPL board has supposedly agreed back in November on r*ngers staying in the SPL if they became insolvent.

At the minute r*ngers known liabilities are:

£4.2m "wee tax case" - which they appealed after they had agreed to pay up (was part of CW's contract to buy them)... assuming they lose the appeal this will increase with additional interest and penalties to be added.

£18m floating charge to CW's company (for the bank debt being 'repaid')

£1.2m overdue to Rapid Vienna for Jelavic transfer to RFC

they also owe Hearts money for the Lee Wallace transfer in the summer too

The big tax case has HMRC saying they are £49m plus penalties on top of this

Since CW took over it is thought that RFC have not been paying HMRC the NI and PAYE payments for staff salaries and are now over £2m in arrears for this year... a 3rd tax case!

They could also have a hefty pay out to make to Martin Bain as well and some of this money has been ringfenced by the courts.

And this is them after the next 4 season ticket sales have already been mortgaged! (£24m borrowed from Ticketus)

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Dibble:

Given the list of debts you have listed, if the keech really hits the fan, it's hard to see r*ngers in the situation I fear will happen. That being, they somehow manage to carry on as if nothing has really happened. Maybe, just maybe, they WON'T fall in a barrel of shite and come out smelling of anything but shite.

The SPL might keep them, but it would be interesting if post-meltdown, r*ngers actually did have to offload all their big earning diddies like Edu, Papac and Co, and field a team cobbled together of kids and reserves... It would be frankly supremely satisfying to see people put 4 and 5 past them and see them as a struggling bottom 6 side. Maybe even 'do a Leeds' and tumble down from a position of buying success on the never-never.

Somehow, my gut tells me they'll fall in the barrel of shite and come out smelling of roses.... as they, and their green tinted pals across the city always seem to do, no matter what.

Grave dancing shoes are on standby... just in case.

Have scumgers taken out a super injunction. On the way to a meeting this morning the car radio news was reporting that they were about to go into liquidation with a debt of £75M. When I stuck the radio on tonight all that was being talked about was the misuse of ticket money. No mention of the liquidation story reported earlier.

Dibble:

Given the list of debts you have listed, if the keech really hits the fan, it's hard to see r*ngers in the situation I fear will happen.

I missed out tax case 4... HMRC believe that they are owed up to £5m in VAT from the deal CW struck with Ticketus to mortgage some season ticket sales up until the 2014-15 season!

Alistair Johnstone, wow, just WOW!!

This is a very un-tedious subject and I also had the same reaction as you upon hearing that very interview, my mouth opened and an almost silent "wow" was produced. That Johnstone fellow is a very clear speaker and I was happy to listening to him,

The bit nearing the end of the broadcast wherupon Mr Johnstone sighs as he speaks then goes on to state something like "as someone with some knowledge about this, I cannot say I am comfortable that further revelations will not come out"! Putting the double negative aside that was quite a statement and If fans of that dank and fowl club had brains, they would be worried. I do have a brain and Im rather chuffed!

Indeed im giggling into my cremola foam as I type.

r*ngers accounts are late again... due in November for the AGM in December. In December CW said the accounts would be signed off around 31st January 2012. Still no accounts or AGM and he is still claiming the delay is down to the tax case ruling which may take until March or April to disclose its findings!

r*ngers accounts are late again... due in November for the AGM in December. In December CW said the accounts would be signed off around 31st January 2012. Still no accounts or AGM and he is still claiming the delay is down to the tax case ruling which may take until March or April to disclose its findings!

out in april,will only be a condensed set of accounts minus a lot of detail .................was covered on radio clyde on tuesday

theybare neck high in the shit and i for one am fcuking loving it.

what pisses me off that we have all known for ages that blue baw bags are skint and are millions in debt.

but the media have only shown interest in the cesspool over the last few days.

whitewashed until there was no other option but to start openly talking about how corrupt the cheating bastards realy are.

out in april,will only be a condensed set of accounts minus a lot of detail .................was covered on radio clyde on tuesday

theybare neck high in the shit and i for one am fcuking loving it.

That's a different set of accounts, that's the parent company''s accounts. Of course, these are the accounts that would show how Whyte funded the takeover, and that is the Billion(aire) dollar question.