Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

I've seen this as a likely scenario since they accrued a decent gap. They can't afford to wait too long else they might not exit in time for next season.

Although wouldn't their punishment be 27 or 28 points as they won the bottom tier with 83 points last year?

I simply don't know the answer to that question. I did say to my friend that the deduction would surely be higher than fifteen points but he claimed Rangers 'had done their homework'. It might all be rubbish.

I simply don't know the answer to that question. I did say to my friend that the deduction would surely be higher than fifteen points but he claimed Rangers 'had done their homework'. It might all be rubbish.

It will be 15 or 25 - depending on: is it a new club or the same one?

It will be 15 or 25 - depending on: is it a new club or the same one?

The gap between Rangers and Dunfermline will almost certainly be 25 points or more if all the fixtures are completed. It might all be crap anyway but wouldn't it be hellish if they go bust again and still get promoted?

he believes Rangers will go into administration within days. I've no idea if this has been suggested before on the likes of the P&B thread. The sickening thing is that he claims the worst the SFA can do is deduct fifteen points and Rangers would still be promoted. I know there will be fines and a repeat of some kind of embargoes but that would hardly be punishment enough.

It's a scenario that has been mooted. Not on here, though.

You can understand the Spivs believing they can take advantage of an open goal left for them by a weak and supine SFA, with the "conflicted" Campbell Ogilvie at its head. A Rangers-minded Man whose skill in administering the game he carried with him to... Hearts! (Spot any similarities/coincidences?)

The SFA changed the rules so that it would not be a proportion of the previous season's points - as stlucifer was suggesting... I'm sure the idea of 'protecting Newco' would never have crossed Campbell's the SFA mind...

I don't profess to know the ins and outs of such matters , however I am pleased they got sent to bottom tier of our league and if/ when they get back then so be it.

'They' didn't get sent to the bottom tier of our league. Rangers went into Admin then liquidation. Liquidation for a company is death. There is no way out of death, as far as I know.

Dundee took the SPL place that was then available.

A new company - Sevco arose, bought some assets of the dead company, and changed its name to something similar to the old one. It should then have been made to go through the same process of qualifying to join Scottish professional fitba, as the likes of Cove Rangers and Spartans must do. It was a new company, did NOT have the necessary three years of published accounts to show it was a sustainable business and so should never have been entertained. The SFA tried to ignore all that - citing Armageddon, if it didn't get its way.

The SFA Authorities would have loved to cheat that company directly into the top rank, but Scottish fans were heroically having none of it. But the SFA ignored all the signs, broke their own rules and as good as forced an entirely new company into... the bottom tier of the league.

Lest we forget, the SFA IS the football clubs. The owners of the SPL clubs, such as SG, are directly responsible for allowing this to happen and for ANY underhand actions of the SFA. They turned a blind eye, at least.

Fortunately, the only club facing Armageddon is the new one. TRFC.

(Hearts are in Admin - not liquidated - and their fans are supporting a sane way of rebuilding from financial madness and almost-death)

Speculation I have read...

RIFC, the company (which will have the assets/property in lieu of the debts owed to it by TRFC, the club which it has bankrolled) will go on after TRFC the fitba club goes bust.

A 'Rangers' will arise. This current manifestation cannae/wullnae be it. And it will be able to rent the use of Ibrox and Murray Park from RIFC. And no matter how many season tickets sold it will be a massive drain on funds - insufficient to finance the 50+ players currently at the Div3 club.

I'm sure you know TRFC players had a couple of nights at Turnberry before their last Ayr game?

It's the fans that pay for that.

You know that today they are waking up in a Carnoustie hotel for this evening's game V Forfar!

Guess who's also paying for that?

Small wonder that the second-highest paid team in all of Scotland has a wee bit of money-trouble.

Edited by bluto

I'll pass on this story but have no idea how accurate it may be. I've mentioned before that a guy comes into our club and he answers to the name of Ken Rangers. He is a season ticket holder and travels to most games but believe it or not he is fairly sane. A few months back I was enjoying taking the piss about Rangers going down the plughole again but he was having none of it. Yesterday I was chatting to him and he hasn't half changed his tune. He reckons that if Rangers beat Forfar tonight Dunfermline cannot catch them with a twenty point gap with only six games to play and he believes Rangers will go into administration within days. I've no idea if this has been suggested before on the likes of the P&B thread. The sickening thing is that he claims the worst the SFA can do is deduct fifteen points and Rangers would still be promoted. I know there will be fines and a repeat of some kind of embargoes but that would hardly be punishment enough.

I have no idea if there is anything in this at all.He seemed pretty sure of his facts but wouldn't tell me his source. I'm passing it on for what it's worth. Make of it what you will.

If Sevco have done their homework and they say it would be 15 points, then that is their BOD finally admitting that Rangers no longer exists and that the team playing at Ipox indeed ARE a brand NEW Club!

I would not be wanting to be helping on The Samaritans helplines over the next few weeks.

If Sevco have done their homework and they say it would be 15 points, then that is their BOD finally admitting that Rangers no longer exists and that the team playing at Ipox indeed ARE a brand NEW Club!

I would not be wanting to be helping on The Samaritans helplines over the next few weeks.

Yep, they want it both ways. When it suits them they will be either and the SFA turns a blind eye.

They still show the five stars on their badge ,The Rangers Football Club 2012 haven't even won five trophies yet.

I'll pass on this story but have no idea how accurate it may be. I've mentioned before that a guy comes into our club and he answers to the name of Ken Rangers. He is a season ticket holder and travels to most games but believe it or not he is fairly sane. A few months back I was enjoying taking the piss about Rangers going down the plughole again but he was having none of it. Yesterday I was chatting to him and he hasn't half changed his tune. He reckons that if Rangers beat Forfar tonight Dunfermline cannot catch them with a twenty point gap with only six games to play and he believes Rangers will go into administration within days. I've no idea if this has been suggested before on the likes of the P&B thread. The sickening thing is that he claims the worst the SFA can do is deduct fifteen points and Rangers would still be promoted. I know there will be fines and a repeat of some kind of embargoes but that would hardly be punishment enough.

I have no idea if there is anything in this at all.He seemed pretty sure of his facts but wouldn't tell me his source. I'm passing it on for what it's worth. Make of it what you will.

Not sure what points total is used, current or last seasons, but I'm pretty sure the points deduction is 1/3 of the total

Not sure what points total is used, current or last seasons, but I'm pretty sure the points deduction is 1/3 of the total

As I posted above - that way of looking at it was helpfully (for them) amended...

According to SFA rules if the same club enters administration twice then they will be deducted 25 points for the second time they go into administration.

If a club only goes into administration only once they get deducted 15 points.

So will the SFA view Newco rangers as a new club and only deduct them 15 points or will they view them as the same club and deduct them 25 points.

Oh what a tangled web the SFA weave... :(

Don't worry lads. We still have superKing puffing out the usual smokescreen here.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/keep-spending-on-squad-urges-king.23251877

Don't cut back! Spend, spend, spend, blah, blah.

Compete with Celtic, blah, blah.

When they, and here's the real beauty showing their still in denial, get BACK to the top league?

Fill yer boots Dave. Make sure they do spend the last few farthings,...... and then some!

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

Brilliant, the green led stripping squad move in, rasie money from the fans and then pocket a high percentage of it as salary and bonuses. At the same time they lend the club funds at ridiculous rates of interest that they sign off themselves as both lender and as a director of the borrower. No doubt, they have preferred creditor status on what they have loaned the club.

They then fritter the fans money on a ridiculous sized squad who are being paid around twice what they are worth and start up talks of salary cuts that never actually get implemented as some of that money buys silence and acquiescence.

in the meanwhile, wee fat salary is encouraged by the stripping squad to portray himself as a "rangers" man, even to the point of getting him to sign over his voting rights to an anti-board group for the AGM. Reminds me of TWTWTW, "we need a futile gesture at this point". The reason for that becomes obvious later as the salary cut he volunteered to take has yet to be implemented, but there are several vehicles that he could use to pay the difference back or give it to a rangers charity, i wonder if he is doing that or just trousering the cash. One thing is for sure, he wont be buying too many shares in the current company with it.

All the while, standing on the sidelines with his "will I invest or won't i" is Dave, now openly exhorting the club to spend, spend, spend their way back into the big-time , that should buy you a few brownies with the support then Dave, eh? Whip them up into a ferment to show how much like them you are. But wait, is that our Dave starting to look out the small change that will be enough to buy up the newco whilst in administration (or even Liquidation)? Surely he cant be planning to buy them up for a song, just as they get into the Championship? So where will the money for your proposed spendathon come from then Dave,? Why, from the fans of course. There will be yet another season ticket mortgage running very soon, i think.

So all these players come and go over the piece, each getting wads of cash for keeping things confused and shapeless, after 3 years the club are back in the top league, properly debt free this time and Dave has a controling interest, big budget and the great unwashed on his side.

You couldn't make it up, but then you don't have to.

A lad in my work was saying that they tried to put it into the SFA rules that any team going into administration would mean relegation, but it was vetoed. Very convenient.

SFA rules? Surely you mean SPFL?

During the debacle of Rangers going bust none of the senior footballing bodies in Scotland came out without much credit. The SPL - ran by the top 12 clubs at the time - was prepared to prostitute themselves to keep whatever newco Rangers could come up with in the top flight. Fortunately fan power and an intense media glare forced them to reconsider. Instead they voted to - I suppose - deny the Newco access to the top flight however instead they leaned heavily on the SFL clubs to try to get them to do their dirty work and put the Newco into the then First Division. Again fortunately the Chairmen of the SFL clubs had a bit more business sense about them than to just accept the rather pitiful cash bribe being offered by the SPL and they realised that there was more money to be had by electing to put the Newco in Division Three.

Bluto is right in that the SFL didn't follow their own rules and open up the position for competing offers but does anyone seriously think that the Newco - playing home matches at a FIFA four star stadium - with home crowd potential of well in excess of 40,000 and a travelling support that would sell out every lower league ground twice a season would have been knocked back in favour of Spartans or some other non league entity.

The SFA's part in all of this is the role they played in not following their rules with regard to membership of the SFA. They granted transfer of membership rights instead of insisting on the usual four years of annual accounts.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

It appears some at Newco think they would romp the top division anyway if they believe this!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25877319

"Having played in the SPL myself before, I don't think there's that much of a gap between the top flight and League One," said McCulloch.

And a riposte might be:

"Having NEVER played in the bottom two divisions myself before, I don't think there's much I could say about that," said Steven Thompson.

Seen in the paper that Rangers turned down a £900,000 bid for Lee Wallace from Notts Forest who are now signing someone else instead.

So they ask the players to take a 15% wage cut then turn down an offer to take probably one of their highest earners off the wage bill and nearly a million quid. Apparently their wage bill is 6-7 million so that would of been 15% cut right there. Madness.

They must think they need a million pound full back to win the first division (or whatever it's called now).