Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

It's like winning an appeal after the death sentence has been carried out.

(Though HMRC could still take this to further appeal: legal opinion can differ from head to head.)

Just think....

If Murray hadn't concealed all those loans, if Murray and oldco hadn't constantly obstructed HMRC's attempts to get to the facts of those payments then they might not have gone bust... Might...

I mean... selling a magnificent club, with such supporters and stadium and training ground for £1.00 to a spiv about whom Murray was warned, who then went on to withhold tax and NI payments would never have happened, and oldco would still be living happily ever after. Or would it?

The fact remains that though HMRC have not yet won this appeal, oldco was cheating Scottish Football and Scottish fans by way of payments that were not made known to the SFA and all other teams. They were cheating for years.

And the football Authorities conspired to leave them unpunished and in the top league. Luckily Scottish fans understood that football does not want cheats.

Poor Rangers. Still dead.

Still dead... And now the zombie-like bits and pieces of oldco, that still stagger on, are in the hands of the umpteenth set of spivs.

Luckily the The Rangers fans are not daft and won't be fooled again.

They'll unite and organise themselves to ensure the newco is run on a sound financial basis, without the master-race philosophy and like Hearts they will build sensibly (though unlike Hearts who got out of Admin they've lost their history, sadly.) and have a happy future.

Or will they?

Wgaf?

You're weird, oaksoft.

I merely presented facts in comment on HSS's post.

Where's the passion in facts?

And by all which accounts?

You've never talked to me or people who know me.

Weird.

Edited by bluto

You're weird, oaksoft.

Weird.

Wow! Calm down dear! lol.gif

I can see you are obsessing over Sevco on this forum.

You seem unwilling to accept they are not going away.

Fair enough but you might be happier if you learned to live with it.

You're weird, oaksoft.

Weird.

Oh come on.....................lol.gif

You have a passion for anything that paints them in a bad light, yeah, facts, but you can't wait to post them.

You are right, Oakey is a weirdo.

Edited by faraway saint

Oh come on.....................lol.gif

You have a passion for anything that paint them in a bad light, yeah, facts, but you can't wait to post them.

You are right, Oakey is a weirdo.

He's going to have a field day with your spelling and grammar.

I shall sit back with an ice cold chair and a comfortable beer and enjoy it.

That's your punishment for calling me a weirdo.

Bluto? Fill yer boots.

He's going to have a field day with your spelling and grammar.

I shall sit back with an ice cold chair and a comfortable beer and enjoy it.

That's your punishment for calling me a weirdo.

Bluto? Fill yer boots.

Says the weirdo who's forgotten how/where to use commas, or do you say a sentence with the one whole breath? 1eye.gif

Slightly surprised that this is being spun as a huge victory for Murray and Rangers. The original decision in their favour was a split 2-1 decision saying the payments were loans (not £1 of which has ever been repaid). While they have won this appeal the judge has said some of the loans look as though they were paid out when players were leaving the club (and no longer employees) and some look as though they were bonus payments. While the original decision hasn't been overturned they are now wanting to re-examine the legality of some of the 'loans'.

Given that not £1 has been repaid from any of the loans, even after the club was liquidated, you would think there were grounds for questioning how legitimate the defence of the EBTs were loans not payments is.

Slightly surprised that this is being spun as a huge victory for Murray and Rangers. The original decision in their favour was a split 2-1 decision saying the payments were loans (not £1 of which has ever been repaid). While they have won this appeal the judge has said some of the loans look as though they were paid out when players were leaving the club (and no longer employees) and some look as though they were bonus payments. While the original decision hasn't been overturned they are now wanting to re-examine the legality of some of the 'loans'.

Given that not £1 has been repaid from any of the loans, even after the club was liquidated, you would think there were grounds for questioning how legitimate the defence of the EBTs were loans not payments is.

My thoughts entirely. A lot of legal judgments and statements are decidedly intricate and the press and media generally only seem to see the headlines as it were. Budgets are the same. Very, very detailed documents affecting everyone but all you hear is how much tax, fags,booze and petrol have gone up. Were there any winners with what was decided? Will the ice cream man and the newspaper boy get paid?

Because I did have a little experience of EBTs, the original decision staggered me as does this one. Everyone and their granny knew that the kind of EBT scheme Rangers used was tax evasion and illegal. It beggars belief that the decision was not overturned. However I am hopeful that the new referral will prove fruitful. Time someone was in jail. Murray sold Rangers for £1 because he knew he had been a bad boy and was trying to distance himself from the smell. His statements after this 'victory' were pretty downbeat. He's not out of danger yet.

Murray will never 'be done' for anything. The Teflon-coated cnut could fall in a barrel of shite and come out smelling of roses.

He sold one of Europe's big football clubs for a token one pound coin, to a spiv with a clear track record of dodgy dealing.

No questions asked? It's all Craigie Whyte's fault. Yeah, I believe it.

Murray will never 'be done' for anything. The Teflon-coated cnut could fall in a barrel of shite and come out smelling of roses.

He sold one of Europe's big football clubs for a token one pound coin, to a spiv with a clear track record of dodgy dealing.

No questions asked? It's all Craigie Whyte's fault. Yeah, I believe it.

I'm not so sure. If loans aren't repaid or some effort made to collect, surely we're back to square one and the only logical conclusion is that it was tax evasion. I don't know about Johnny Foreigner but there are plenty of UK citizens and tax payers who could still have awkward questions to answer. Possibly the referral that the judge has made could have much wider ramifications than has been realised. Murray's tax would be at least 50% so we're looking at either a few million to be repaid or surely it will be taxable. The question is, who is owed the loans?

Unlike this guy. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26562558

The German Bundesliga is a proven model for the SPFL to follow (follow) - but sadly those in charge of the game in this country are too selfish and power crazy to see that.

Until strict financial controls are implemented on an annual basis using the Bundesliga system then Scottish football will continue to see clubs follow in the administration footsteps of Gretna (deid), Oldco (deid), Dundee (twice), Livingston (twice), Motherwell, Hearts, Dunfermline, etc.

Why oh why do we still employ cnuts like Doncaster & Regan after the fiascos of recent years?

Is it because they know too much and could take others down with them?

It beggars belief that those two clowns and Ogilvie still have those jobs. They are three of the biggest clowns to have ever graced Scottish Football and there have been plenty contenders in that category.

• 2 weeks later...

So last night I was subjected to some of the most vitriolic hate filled abuse I have ever suffered. It was beyond vile and beyond comprehension that a group of people could act so savagely.

Some of the comments were "I hope yer maw dies Doig". "I hope her da dies Doig". "I hope yer hale family dies Doig". I was called a fen*an, a t*ig, a kiddie fiddler and names o much worse that I dare not share them even here.

I had someone try to check me out of Facebook and threaten to visit me personally to sort me out!

Where was this abuse?
Who were the abusers?
Why was I subject to the abuse?

Last one first... I noticed that The Rangers FC friendly in Canada was being streamed live on Youtube last night. As a football fan I settled down to watch it as a neutral. There was also a comment stream... I said "good goal" and I also shared a bit of banter... making a wee joke about Ally mistaking tactics for tic-tacs. That was it!

That was enough for the mutant hoardes watching to subject me to incessant vitriol and personal threats!

Funnily enough... this all took place whilst the game was on... at half time it went silent!

Bitter, twisted, vitriolic, evil and bigoted is NOT an exaggeration.

The sooner their club dies the better IMO.

So last night I was subjected to some of the most vitriolic hate filled abuse I have ever suffered. It was beyond vile and beyond comprehension that a group of people could act so savagely.

Some of the comments were "I hope yer maw dies Doig". "I hope her da dies Doig". "I hope yer hale family dies Doig". I was called a fen*an, a t*ig, a kiddie fiddler and names o much worse that I dare not share them even here.

I had someone try to check me out of Facebook and threaten to visit me personally to sort me out!

Where was this abuse?

Who were the abusers?

Last one first... I noticed that The Rangers FC friendly in Canada was being streamed live on Youtube last night. As a football fan I settled down to watch it as a neutral. There was also a comment stream... I said "good goal" and I also shared a bit of banter... making a wee joke about Ally mistaking tactics for tic-tacs. That was it!

That was enough for the mutant hoardes watching to subject me to incessant vitriol and personal threats!

Funnily enough... this all took place whilst the game was on... at half time it went silent!

The Cnuts !

You should stick tae first word, last word and first woof if you're up that late.

It's safer and you'll just get called a bozzer.

Where was this abuse?

Who were the abusers?

To be fair, you are a complete pain in the arse.

I'm with the Sevconians!