Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

The so called 'foul' before the equaliser that McCoist (and Gerrard) were crying about was very similar to one that had just happened at the other end of the park, for which the ref also waved play on.

In both cases the Hibs/Rangers players were quick to hit the deck under minimal contact for a cheap free kick, and the ref was having none of it.

If he'd given the equally soft one to Hibs, then the Rangers one wouldn't even have happened, and they'd have been facing a Mallan direct free-kick to boot.

I caught the last 10 minutes of this game;

Commentators were ‘desperate’ ( as sadly they usually are ) for a Sevco goal
I kept hearing ‘Rangers must get a goal’ ‘Rangers really need a goal’ etc

My thought was, ‘Isn’t that the same for Hibs?’

When either Sevco/Celtic have the ball, the commentary guys always, without exception change their tone/hype , it’s awful watching them.

McMoist made a comment on recent crowd issues but failed to mention that Sevco/Celtic have been present at almost all of them.

I hope they win f**k all

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

I caught the last 10 minutes of this game;

Commentators were ‘desperate’ ( as sadly they usually are ) for a Sevco goal
I kept hearing ‘Rangers must get a goal’ ‘Rangers really need a goal’ etc

My thought was, ‘Isn’t that the same for Hibs?’

No it isn't really the same for Hibs.

Not in the context of the title being almost over unless Rangers start winning these games and Celtic start losing.

If Hibs had been challenging Celtic instead they would have been talking about Hibs needing a win.

A big part of the problem in Scotland is that everyone assumes there is an OF conspiracy and so they see it everywhere.

Edited by oaksoft

Maybe not OF conspiracy but you cannot deny that the attention given to those clubs in the media, through prize money and in their influence within the game in Scotland is at the detriment to all other clubs, the sad status quo is maintained because the inequities that benefit them are not challenged by the media or governing bodies, yet they often claim that the big 2 need a challenge to improve the game in Scotland but don't call for the changes that would level the playing field and make the challenge possible. Anyway rant over.

Oh don’t be so f**king stupid.
A Hibs “Fan” entered the field of play and confronted a Rangers player and you attempt to play it down ? If you can’t see a problem with that you are as f**king stupid as them !! Comparing it to the bottle incident .... ? It’s not comparable, it’s a whole truck of shit worse.
If these f**king idiots don’t start behaving we’ll all be watching games form behind fences again .
Football has been there before and it almost killed the game, I have no wish to go there again .

Callum, you are usually one of the saner posters on here, but really? This incident is worse than the bottle incident? Seriously?
The point I was trying to make, albeit clumsily, was that Sevco fans reacted by ripping up seats, AGAIN, while screaming about being up to their knees in f..... Blood, yet that was completely overlooked as they concentrated on the moron who ran on to the touch line and tried to boot the ball, not Tavarnier. He is an idiot who was rightly lifted, but it is nowhere near the level of the previous week’s bottle incident.

2 hours ago, cambiebud said:

He is an idiot who was rightly lifted, but it is nowhere near the level of the previous week’s bottle incident.

I’m not aiming to disagree with you here as I agree with most of your post, but no fan should be able to get face to face with a player like that. That’s a serious issue in itself, if that fan had a blade on him who knows what could have happened to Tavernier.

42 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’m not aiming to disagree with you here as I agree with most of your post, but no fan should be able to get face to face with a player like that. That’s a serious issue in itself, if that fan had a blade on him who knows what could have happened to Tavernier.

He didn't.

And we do know what happened.

8 hours ago, cockles1987 said:
11 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

No judge or any disciplinary committee will ever decide a punishment on what if and as much as I believe our police force should be armed, what preventative measure do you prescribe that can prevent such an incident?

The stewarding/policing needs to be much better at preventing this from happening. 

If they cannot prevent this from happening, the next step could end up being fencing round the stands.

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

The stewarding/policing needs to be much better at preventing this from happening. 

If they cannot prevent this from happening, the next step could end up being fencing round the stands.

:lol:

You are getting swept up in the hysteria here.

Should we put a fence up around Paisley Taxi rank, Sauchiehall Street, and the countless High Streets of the country where fights broke out last night? Shall we fence all the steamers at the horse racing in to stop them drinking too much and leathering each other? How about every school in the country where fights break out every week? And what if THEY had knives, or guns, or sticks of dynamite? WHAT WOULD HAPPEN THEN I ASK YOU?!

In England last week a 'keeper was sent off for throwing a bottle back in to the crowd. Thus far I've not heard of any fences going up or the FA phoning the Prime Minister for help.

Bampots are everywhere in society, fencing the rest of us in with them isn't going to solve that. And as usual everything gets  blown a million times out of proportion if it happens at the football. A wee ned jumped over the barrier and tried to kick the ball. That's literally all that happened (until the sevco player turned round and pushed him). 

Callum, you are usually one of the saner posters on here, but really? This incident is worse than the bottle incident? Seriously?
The point I was trying to make, albeit clumsily, was that Sevco fans reacted by ripping up seats, AGAIN, while screaming about being up to their knees in f..... Blood, yet that was completely overlooked as they concentrated on the moron who ran on to the touch line and tried to boot the ball, not Tavarnier. He is an idiot who was rightly lifted, but it is nowhere near the level of the previous week’s bottle incident.

Cambiebud, I apologise for my choice of language but I stick by the sentiment behind it.
This sort of behaviour, regardless of which set of fans are involved , cannot and should not be ignored .
The scum fans ripping up seats etc is bad and must be addressed but people throwing things at players , invading the pitch etc should not be tolerated and tough measures need to be taken.
Would these Neanderthal morons think it ok to storm the stage at the Panto or chuck coins at the performer at a gig at the Hydro ?!

43 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Would these Neanderthal morons think it ok to storm the stage at the Panto or chuck coins at the performer at a gig at the Hydro ?!

The thought did cross my mind the last time I was dragged to that shite.

Have you seen the incident at today’s Birmingham derby? I suspect the authorities will get involved and severe action will be taken against Birmingham City. The Scottish Authorities will be shitting it as it will put the English focus on them. Watch this space

Wrong thread:

But, seen it & English media already linking it ti ‘North of the border’ issues recently

19 hours ago, cambiebud said:

Have you seen the incident at today’s Birmingham derby? I suspect the authorities will get involved and severe action will be taken against Birmingham City. The Scottish Authorities will be shitting it as it will put the English focus on them. Watch this space

Unfortunately, the full force of the SPFL is now focussed on Hibs.  2 incidents in a week and they have unwittingly offered themselves as the perfect scapegoats for the old firm miscreancy.  Doncaster was creaming his jeans as he got high and mighty about this offence against poor wee rangers.