Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

The payments to Hearts are more or less up to date I think. The £1.5m deal for Lee Wallace was supposed to be paid in installments. It is Rapid Vienna I feel sorry for. I think r*ngers were supposed to have finished paying all the installments for Jelavic's transfer last summer or autumn but they are still owed over £1m despite the amount of time the payment is overdue and despite Jelavic having been sold. You would hope that the football authorities would have a rule in place for this kind of scenario, where, if a club have missed deadlines for paying for a player from another club and sell the player on while they are still in arrears then the amount owed to the original club has to be settled under the first installment of the transfer... i.e in the case of Jelavic moving from r*ngers to Everton while Rapid Vienna were owed £1m+ by r*ngers, Rapid Vienna should have been paid their £1m+ in Everton's first installment and then any money left over should have gone to r*ngers.

Good to see that a club that is claiming they would add to the quality of the EPL has shafted Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester City for the combined total of £700k, presumably in not paying wages on loan deals and they are also waiting on ticket money from pre-season friendlies too.

And despite owing £1.7m to Rapid Vienna and assorted English clubs who play in Europe, Duff and Phelps have appealed to have a licence to play in Europe next year despite breaking almost every rule going which means they ought to lose their licence for being allowed to play in European competitions.

..... And despite owing £1.7m to Rapid Vienna and assorted English clubs who play in Europe, Duff and Phelps have appealed to have a licence to play in Europe next year despite breaking almost every rule going which means they ought to lose their licence for being allowed to play in European competitions.

Have those people no shame? They are an absolute disgrace.

Have those people no shame? They are an absolute disgrace.

You're right,Qarsaan, no shame. Owing the tax man big dough is bad enough and with the added (cheating) advantage their EBT gave them over their direct opposition they are a bloody disgrace. The more of the minutiae that's oozing out the more it turns my stomach. If the Scottish Football hierarchy doesn't have the balls to simply kick them into touch then it's time FIFA or UEFA did. How anyone in football, even their army of dickheaded fans can have any sympathy for them is beyond me.

What I dont get is that the new owners will be seeking to strengthen the squad, re-negotiate contracts upwards BUT they want their creditors to accept between 10 and 20p in the pound via a CVA?

And they wonder why everyone wants them to die? It's an utter disgrace if these cheats are allowed to survive.

What I dont get is that the new owners will be seeking to strengthen the squad, re-negotiate contracts upwards BUT they want their creditors to accept between 10 and 20p in the pound via a CVA?

And they wonder why everyone wants them to die? It's an utter disgrace if these cheats are allowed to survive.

I agree completely. Surely they can't survive?

There is another entry on the rangerstaxcase site today which must make pretty hellish reading for gers fans.

Given what we all know now, I am asking myself why Saints sending our young men to play them tomorrow?

I hope that NO Saints football supporter will buy a ticket to Ibrox again.

Edited by Qarsaan

Given what we all know now, I am asking myself why Saints sending our young men to play them tomorrow?

I hope that NO Saints football supporter will buy a ticket to Ibrox again.

I wont be purchasing a ticket for Shitbrox.

I see that amongst their list of Creditors that they owe £40 to a kids face painting company?

sad_clown.jpg

Also an interesting Creditor... Renfrewshire Council...

I hope it was not for looking at plans around the area our ground? zorro.gif

The payments to Hearts are more or less up to date I think. The £1.5m deal for Lee Wallace was supposed to be paid in installments. It is Rapid Vienna I feel sorry for. I think r*ngers were supposed to have finished paying all the installments for Jelavic's transfer last summer or autumn but they are still owed over £1m despite the amount of time the payment is overdue and despite Jelavic having been sold. You would hope that the football authorities would have a rule in place for this kind of scenario, where, if a club have missed deadlines for paying for a player from another club and sell the player on while they are still in arrears then the amount owed to the original club has to be settled under the first installment of the transfer... i.e in the case of Jelavic moving from r*ngers to Everton while Rapid Vienna were owed £1m+ by r*ngers, Rapid Vienna should have been paid their £1m+ in Everton's first installment and then any money left over should have gone to r*ngers.

Good to see that a club that is claiming they would add to the quality of the EPL has shafted Chelsea, Arsenal, and Manchester City for the combined total of £700k, presumably in not paying wages on loan deals and they are also waiting on ticket money from pre-season friendlies too.

And despite owing £1.7m to Rapid Vienna and assorted English clubs who play in Europe, Duff and Phelps have appealed to have a licence to play in Europe next year despite breaking almost every rule going which means they ought to lose their licence for being allowed to play in European competitions.

I'm pretty sure there was a team kicked out this season for non-payment of footballing debt.

Three easy points

Nice reply. I liked it.1eye.gif

Living in Bangkok, I am quite a long way away from all the stories about the cheats, and can only rely on what I read on the Internet. Maybe, I don't get the whole story. But, what I have read disgusts me; it makes me think I might soon be meeting the other Premier League sides down Soi Cowboy-way, dancing on poles (or whatever they use in that placeph34r.png ) I would hope to never see the club I love (SMFC) in such a position.

If they (the cheats) remain established, the other teams need to play them. Very simply, it is beyond me why the other clubs can allow them to remain established. That's all.

Edited by Qarsaan

I just can't see any way they can survive.......

.......and it fills my heart with joy

Why?

They'll be clean, spruce and debt free with a new owner, the same stadium and training centre and back in the SPL in time for tea and medals.

They'll miss Europe for 3 seasons but that'll be it.

Nothing is going to change here.

The best to hope for is a large CVA agreement which takes out a huge chunk of their income for 10 years.

I can't see any upside at all.

They'll have cheated to win stuff, simply closed down instead of paying anything back and then emerged to start all over again.

Why?

They'll be clean, spruce and debt free with a new owner, the same stadium and training centre and back in the SPL in time for tea and medals.

The best to hope for is a large CVA agreement which takes out a huge chunk of their income for 10 years.

They'll have cheated to win stuff, simply closed down instead of paying anything back and then emerged to start all over again.

I hope you're wrong but fear you may be correct. The rangerstaxcase article yesterday seems to think that a CVA might not be on as nobody seems willing to put in enough to make it attractive to any of the creditors. They also think and a lot of commentators agree that HMRC have to send out a message that entering a piddling little CVA and carrying on more or less as before (presumably without cheating) isn't on. I'm almost waiting to hear that the SFA or SPL are going to help r*ngers out. Nothing would surprise me.

Why?

I think the "easy liquidation" myth is just that. If they liquidate a pre pack will be very hard to achieve. I think the assets will be sold separately and that Ibrox could end up as a development sight quite easily. I think a new co is unlikely to bid for murrey park as they simply cant afford it, All their players will be out of contract and they are most likely to be in the third division. I think there may well be rival newcos fighting over the "legacy",

Let the games begin

I think the "easy liquidation" myth is just that. If they liquidate a pre pack will be very hard to achieve. I think the assets will be sold separately and that Ibrox could end up as a development sight quite easily. I think a new co is unlikely to bid for murrey park as they simply cant afford it, All their players will be out of contract and they are most likely to be in the third division. I think there may well be rival newcos fighting over the "legacy",

Let the games begin

I really do hope you are right. Logically you are but we all know logic hasn't played much of a part in Scottish football in the past. The administrators keep coming out with positive statements but maybe that's par for the course. Remember this crowd were hand picked by Whyte despite HMRC not being very chuffed that they couldn't appoint administrators.

I wish HMRC would come out with their final conclusions and just get on with hopefully closing them down.