Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Just clicked the link Drew, no luck. It appears they are in complete and utter melt down mode.

Just been checking out the Beeb journalists on twitter. This transfer ban has huge implications for them. It will put a complete halt to the SPL's intention to transfer their share to a Newco as the ban would have to transfer with the share. To avoid this ban any Newco would have to apply as a complete and utter new entity.

Of course I wouldn't be surprised if the ban disappears on appeal.

It's worth checking back in to see if its up again.

They might well get away with it on appeal (or a reduction of the penatly), but just watching them have a collective breakdown is stirring stuff inthe meantimethumbup2.gif

Here's hoping today's SFA punishments have laid down a marker. For me the big footballing investigation is the SPL one over the 2 contracts issue dating back 15 years. If they are found guilty of that one then it is hard for them to avoid being accused of deliberately cheating other teams for 15 years and would set things up nicely for the big tax case ruling with HMRC as well. I think it is crazy the SPL could in theory vote to accept newco Rangers to next year's SPL while they still have the big tax case verdict to be announced and the SPL 2 contracts investigation to be announced

It is laughable that Rangers think that with £134m of debt (no doubt increasing day by day) and with the club facing possible liquidation that they shouldn't be subject to a transfer embargo!

They can still sign under 18 players and will no dout continue to offer them more than senior pros at most other clubs!

Here's hoping today's SFA punishments have laid down a marker. For me the big footballing investigation is the SPL one over the 2 contracts issue dating back 15 years. If they are found guilty of that one then it is hard for them to avoid being accused of deliberately cheating other teams for 15 years and would set things up nicely for the big tax case ruling with HMRC as well. I think it is crazy the SPL could in theory vote to accept newco Rangers to next year's SPL while they still have the big tax case verdict to be announced and the SPL 2 contracts investigation to be announced

I'm a bit worried that this is yet another indication that the SFA is still doing its damnedest to keep Rangers in the SPL. It's a sop to non-rangers fans to soften the blow when it's confirmed. I hope I'm talking crap but when all the powers that be in Scotland and I'm including all the SPL clubs chairmen seem desperate to help rangers, I think they will survive. It shouldn't, it stinks to high heaven and I don't see yet how it can come about. But I'm afraid it will. rangers might be in the doldrums and have a few tough years but in four or five years time normal service will be resumed and we'll have old firm domination.

I say again, I really hope I'm wrong but would you bet against it? Come on HMRC. You might be our last hope.

If you get a chance, you must visit http://forum.rangers...php?showforum=1.

Truly magnificent stuffjerry.gif

Can't be bothered reading too much of it but a few of them seem to have the view that its actually the SFA's fault for allowing them to let Craig Whyte take over! You couldn't make it up.

Boycott away games? Big deal we lose 2400 of them off the gate but the tv income from one live cup game more than covers that.

Even their stuff about a tainted title is desperate. I hate the othe mob too but if they win the title by over 10 points whats their point?Meanwhile David Murray seems to have disappeared.

Top businessman duped by a clown? Aye right.

If enough titles are stripped they'll need to remove one of their daft stars from their jersey's, oh and we can start to celebrating that League Cup we won two years ago!

How can the ban possibly be lifted they owe money for Jelavic, Wallace, Cellik and possiblely for some of their other signings this year. How can they sign more players when they have not payed for the one's they have. I can't see this being lifted on appeal. And if it is The UEFA might have something to say about the Jelevic and Cellik situation

Would anybody REALLY be surprised if the SFA/SPL did everything in its power to save Rongers? After all, whether we like it or not, they and their ugly twin make up the biggest brand in Scottish football. Those two have larger combined home gates than the rest of Scotland's teams put together and when you add the thousands of Sky watching sit-at-home knuckle draggers, its easy to see why the power lies with the Old Scum. Its not fair and its not right, but its understandable.

Edited by saint in exile

I say again, I really hope I'm wrong but would you bet against it? Come on HMRC. You might be our last hope.

I know that A Rongers will be back in Scottish fitba at some time. There is a demand for them - but we would hope that a new Rongers will be cleansed of their bigotry and arrogance. There ARE good Bears out there. smile.png

However I WOULD bet against them being in SPL in the next season... and after HMRC in being a last hope are ranged... UEFA and FIFA. (And just like Swiss fitba, Scottish fitba rules are based on the football governing body rules.)

THE SUN HAS GOT HIS HAT ON - HIP HIP HIP HOORAY! smile.png

If enough titles are stripped they'll need to remove one of their daft stars from their jersey's, oh and we can start to celebrating that League Cup we won two years ago!

What about the poor Bears with the five star tattoos on their foreheads? ohmy.png

My heart goes out to them. smile.png

(Also I don't think we should go anywhere near revisiting that cup debacle against 9 men. Let it lie...)

Edited by bluto

Sally greetin on the radio........Never heard him greetin when SDM spent our money on his wages.

Not heard any of Sally's comments today yet but to be fair his interview on Sat was very good. He is the only person associated with the club who has publically admitted that they "are in the wrong".

Eta:

Ok, take that back, just read a transcript of his comments today. The guy is a rocket. On Saturday all he asked was that they were treated fairly, and they have been. Now he's greeting and inferring that the SFA have some kind of agenda (but doesn't have the ball to say that outright). Exit stage left Sally.

Edited by civilsaint

Not heard any of Sally's comments today yet but to be fair his interview on Sat was very good. He is the only person associated with the club who has publically admitted that they "are in the wrong".

Erm..... it's still the SFA and everyone else to blame as he wants no sanctions on his club. He still wants to get back at the people who are kicking Ran*ers when they are down. The boycotts will start with Sally at the helm and HMRC. SFA., SPL ,sponsors and Scottish football will be shut down just like Lloyds bank , BBC etc. He will be long gone when Ran*ers are in any position to kick anything1eye.gif .

Eta:

Ok, take that back, just read a transcript of his comments today. The guy is a rocket. On Saturday all he asked was that they were treated fairly, and they have been. Now he's greeting and inferring that the SFA have some kind of agenda (but doesn't have the ball to say that outright). Exit stage left Sally.

Sally really is a tosser. Here's one of the clubs who not so long ago were willing to kill Scottish football and move to England, the middle of the Atlantic or any other league that would take them, now that they're in trouble he's moaning about Scottish football trying to kill his club. Remind us Sally, who spent millions they couldn't afford on players ? Who paid those players over inflated wages, possibly using illegal means ? Who didn't pay their tax bill, taxi bills, plumbers bill, florists etc ? Who is now demanding that they only get a slap on the wrist so they can come back and start spending millions they can't afford on players ? Welcome to the real world of Scottish football where 40 clubs have to try and live within their means while 2 try to cream off every penny they can get.

Perversely I actually think the SFA have done them a favour with the transfer embargo, if they were to escape liquidation or come back as a newco the fans would be demanding that whoever owns the club spend millions on buying the right 'type' of player. Now, the new owners have an excuse for the first year - it's the big, bad SFA that have forced this on us.

Real Radio was nutz on the way home. Turned it on to hear fat sally deliver what can only be described as a breakdown to an interviewer who kaept saying "we" when talking about scumgers. Then that clown DJ was giving it his "couldn't disagree with any of that" closely followed by one scumgers fan after another making threats about being up to their knees in SFA blood.

The main phrase being bandied around by the scumgers fans / fishals today is "Scottish football will regret this decision for a long time to come." Well we're nearly a full day into the decision and I'm still laughing ma tits aff. lol.gif

Personally I'd be happy if Rangers remained in the SPL next season with all the transfer restrictions plus the stars all gone.

It would good to see their fans suffer watching them getting beat most weeks and eventually getting relegated (something thats never happened to them before).

Wonder how loyal they be on a wet Tuesday in February at home to Ross County in a relegation battle.

This would be more humiliating than demotion to the 3rd.

Edited by Gordon

Personally I'd be happy if Rangers remained in the SPL next season with all the transfer restrictions plus the stars all gone.

It would good to see their fans suffer watching them getting beat most weeks and eventually getting relegated (something thats never happened to them before).

Wonder how loyal they be on a wet Tuesday in February at home to Ross County in a relegation battle.

This would be more humiliating than demotion to the 3rd.

During John Greig's managerial era, (early 80's, I think) their home gates fell to around 8000. Govan Loyal, eh?