Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

I've had a f@cking great day week month season reading about the Ibrox bubble bursting.

My first ever game was Christmas 1976, my dad took me to the game at Clydebank. Hooked for life!

A couple of neighbourhood dads took me to matches at Love Street, for some reason they always chose to stand in the away fans' enclosure (maybe it was to protect my young ears from the comments coming out of the North Bank!)

Seeing George Best when he was with Hibs was a highlight, the lowest point was the last-minute loss to Hammarby in 1985. That was a sickening loss.

Through the 90s I did not attend many matches, but still watching highlights on tv, etc. All through this time, there was no way of imagining football that did not contain the Old Firm, until they started wanting to follow the money to England/Atlantic league. They were ever-presents both in football and in the general life of everyone in Scotland.

Now, however, we are seeing what looks like the end days for Rangers FC. This is new territory for everyone in Scotland, and so I understand the SPL chairmen and managers fearing the unknown. They need to learn from the fans, who are EMBRACING this change.

We can and will adjust to reduced budgets. We will enjoy reduced bigotry. We will enjoy reduced policing requirements. We will enjoy less hatred, venom, and bile. Attendance figures may even increase!

I am now living outside Europe, splitting time between Houston, Texas, which is great, and Brazil, which is not so good. I got my first view of New Saint Mirren Park on tv, in Houston, and enjoyed what I saw. As a far-flung fud, I may have left Paisley, but I have not left the Saints.

I don't know much about the current Saints lineup, so I don't intend to comment much on them except to say well done and I hope next season we are top six. The Rangers situation is huge news, affecting Saints as well as everyone else, so it holds my attention. I look for them to be relegated/liquidated, and for Celtic's influence to be reduced as a consequence. If Rangers rebuild without the arrogance and nastiness, that will be acceptable.

There is an old Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times".

We are living in interesting times right now, and I am F@CKING LOVING IT!

Long live change!

My memory must be shite then Sid. I thought Brearley brought in Green as Chief Executive before handing over to Mike McDonald who retained Greene. I've been trying to find info on the web but there's not much on there about any of the people involved. One link might be Steve Morgan who was at Morton with Hugh Scott and who appears to have links with Brearley and Green. None of them should have the finance to deal with Rangers though. This is Green's Directors profile which is hardly auspicious.

http://company-direc...ector/907595268

Green wasn't there that long Stu. The blades fans saw him as so dodgy that he is basically notorious. He appears to have set up all sorts of business around the blades to strip cash out of the club ALLEGEDLY!!! He even had Bobby Charlton International Ltd on the go at one point. He has also had a whistling.gif property company setup in ipox back then. It is still trading now, but Green stopped being a director when he left the Blades. Whatever is left at ipox he will be looking to strip out.

What are you whittering on about?

I was simply commenting about what I believe to have been a difference in the Dundee situationblink.png

I want them to die an excruciating death. Quite straightforward, really.

Sadly you are not living in the real world if you believe that Rangers will not continue in some form or another.

Whether you like it or not that is what will happen. I will continue to support St Mirren and you and the rest of blowhards can do what you please. Simple really.flipa.gif

Sadly you are not living in the real world if you believe that Rangers will not continue in some form or another.

Whether you like it or not that is what will happen. I will continue to support St Mirren and you and the rest of blowhards can do what you please. Simple really.flipa.gif

Rangers will survive in some form. I haven't doubted that from day one. It will be a disgrace if they are allowed to stay in the league that they won several times by cheating and illegal means for which incidentally I still hope criminal charges haven't been completely ruled out.

If Rangers are allowed to stay in the SPL, presumably it will be enshrined in the rules that neither Rangers nor Celtic can ever be relegated. That seems to be what is being agreed. A wounded Rangers with no money, the three year ban from Europe and the embargo on signing players just could struggle next season. Oh, I just remembered. Didn't Doncaster already say these punishments could be set aside on appeal. There's a surprise!

Anyone else notice this

1st they have Whyte and now they have Green are they going to ask Lex Gold to be chairman?????

Slash said above that its going to be David not Lex.

Whit's goin oan ?

Just heard this on Radio Scotland........Well done Livingston.....they are threatening to sue the SFA for £1.2M if they don't uphold their decision at scumgers appeal. clap.gif

Hibs ahve now come out and denounced scumgers - looks like one vote at least is in the bag.

Just heard this on Radio Scotland........Well done Livingston.....they are threatening to sue the SFA for £1.2M if they don't uphold their decision at scumgers appeal. clap.gif

Hibs ahve now come out and denounced scumgers - looks like one vote at least is in the bag.

Yep heard that 2...agree with both ...But Jim dosn't seem to understand that point of view even although DM killed his club......Amazing for an Airdrie supporter no?

Where did I state that I thought they would cease to be? I've never uttered or believed such a thing, but hey, if you want to distort what I'm saying to advance some piss-poor agenda or other, you go right for it.

Edited by Drew

Scottd said"Sadly you are not living in the real world if you believe that Rangers will not continue in some form or another.

Whether you like it or not that is what will happen. I will continue to support St Mirren and you and the rest of blowhards can do what you please. Simple really.flipa.gif "

Scott. I didn't realise that turning 40 was the trigger to join the Grumpy Old Man club.wink.png

Of course Rangers will exist in one form or other. As long as its not as a consequence of our Chairman being complicit in allowing them to be in the SPL is my bugbear (oops!)

Anyway,, I hope Rongers will delf-destruct (with help from the SFA) before any seif-interest vote of Chairmen ever takes place.

Why can't SG show the same public sense of outrage and integrity as the hibs' Petrie? unsure.png

Probably because people are trying to force SG into it. The threats and all that bollox doesn't work with SG's personality traits. He has the ideal personality trait to lead a company. You will find that he will listen to opinion and he will be decisive on that opinion. However, threatening tactics will bring out the fierce competitive streak. Best way to manage our great and good leader is to present a balanced reasoning along with a wee bit of cheesey personal flattery such as yer bum disnae look big in that SG.

Trying to roast him on a public forum and threaten him with a campaign for the non renewal of season tickets is not the way to get our greatest ever Chairman's support.

Tone down the moral outrage and the challenge to SG and our BoD's integrity and you might just get what you are looking for. bangin.gif

I haven't seen any campaign to boycott buying Season Tickets on this Forum. You are making it up.

People are making there own minds up about it and probably - like SG - you getting on their back may just make them more determined. Think about it.

I haven't seen any campaign to boycott buying Season Tickets on this Forum. You are making it up.

People are making there own minds up about it and probably - like SG - you getting on their back may just make them more determined. Think about it.

Very different personality traits. The people making the threats are clearly doing so from a position of helplessness.....it is the behaviour of the powerless. They actually like to be put right as they are sheep rather than leaders. They might want to go their own way but a quick bite on the arse from the sheepdog and they'll be back in the pen in no time at all and the better for it.

Profiles like SG do not post on fans forums. They have no need to. They have more information available to them than anyone else in terms of St Mirren. So their knowledge combined with the decisive trait mentioned earlier would render it meaningless. People like bluto who depend on journos and Internet rumour for the defining of their point of view combined with public sector-headedness need to seek justification for their pointless opinions through bouncing ideas around in forums - that's why the "like this" function drives the more fickle posters crazy. thumbup2.gif

Back on topic, Green appears to be ripping the pish right out of scumgers and Scottish football. He is already boasting about a multi-million £ summer spending spree for Fat Sally, whilst still talking about his deal being dependent on a CVA. No wonder the economy is in the shitter with people like this running around buying up debt strewn businesses writing of large amounts of cash owed to small businesses.....worsened again by the banks refusing to provide funding to small businesses to see them through such scenarios.

Guest somner9

Paradoxically if you don't renew your ST or attend match by match theres less chance the CiC or any other body would buy the club as it would almost certainly deliver a drop in revenue one way or another (ST boycott = revenue drop, scumgers out the spl = revenue drop) and make whoever runs the club v unpopular when they have to start shedding playing/backroom staff. current BoD included.

Paradoxically if you don't renew your ST or attend match by match theres less chance the CiC or any other body would buy the club as it would almost certainly deliver a drop in revenue one way or another (ST boycott = revenue drop, scumgers out the spl = revenue drop) and make whoever runs the club v unpopular when they have to start shedding playing/backroom staff. current BoD included.

Exactly....talking about not renewing season tickets = damage to the club. However, that's got its own thread elsewhere. This one is about gloating about rangers.

Looks like the DR are sinking the boot into Green after their onslaught on the American. The report is pretty pish poor and is just information anyone can pick up off of DueDil. They really are a shit paper.