Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

• Minimum of 15 points deducted from any club entering administration
  • 10-point penalty for two seasons for any club that transfers its share in the SPL to a new company
  • 75% reduction in payments to any club relaunched as a new company for a period of three seasons

So, even if we do get newco fc, they will at least suffer in some way. Not enough for me but it's better than it looked for a while.

Edited by SelkirkSaint

A complete cop-out...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18263819

Scottish Premier League clubs have voted at Hampden not to introduce fixed punishments for clubs reforming as new companies known as "newcos".

Instead sanctions will be imposed on a case-by-case basis.

The decision on any newco will be taken by all 12 clubs, with no fixed penalties for the new company.

So basically it will be one case for rangers and another case for every other club.

A complete cop-out...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18263819

Scottish Premier League clubs have voted at Hampden not to introduce fixed punishments for clubs reforming as new companies known as "newcos".

Instead sanctions will be imposed on a case-by-case basis.

The decision on any newco will be taken by all 12 clubs, with no fixed penalties for the new company.

So basically it will be one case for rangers and another case for every other club.

Ah well....wonder if you can still get a refund on the season tickets.

Actually I think this is quite positive. To get in they would need a vote from the 12 clubs. Presumably this would be under the current voting stucture requiring an 11 to 1 vote in favour. So that means that Dundded united, Abedeen, Hearts, Hibs, St Mirren can all block the entry of Scumgers.

And even if they do get in the clubs can impose what ever penalties they like transfer bans, point deductions, reduced voting rights, reduced tv moneys etc.

Actually I think this is quite positive. To get in they would need a vote from the 12 clubs. Presumably this would be under the current voting stucture requiring an 11 to 1 vote in favour. So that means that Dundded united, Abedeen, Hearts, Hibs, St Mirren can all block the entry of Scumgers.

And even if they do get in the clubs can impose what ever penalties they like transfer bans, point deductions, reduced voting rights, reduced tv moneys etc.

It would more than likely be an 8-4 vote. They'll quite easily get back, whereas if it was the likes of us we'd get dumped down to division 3.

It would more than likely be an 8-4 vote. They'll quite easily get back, whereas if it was the likes of us we'd get dumped down to division 3.

If they do get back in then there is nothing to stop a team that thinks this is unfair taking them to court and getting an injunction to stop them playing in the SPL while the case is under consideration (eg Dunfermiline or Dundee). Or one of the "diddy" teams that fancy a better chance of staying up. Brilliant

If they do get back in then there is nothing to stop a team that thinks this is unfair taking them to court and getting an injunction to stop them playing in the SPL

There is, the same FIFA rules that are currently forcing the SFA into a corner and are set to bury Rangers for good.

There is, the same FIFA rules that are currently forcing the SFA into a corner and are set to bury Rangers for good.

Catch 22 if Rangers are able to escape taking the SFA to court then Dundee and Dunfermline can take them to court to Challeange them being allowed into the SPL

Catch 22 if Rangers are able to escape taking the SFA to court then Dundee and Dunfermline can take them to court to Challeange them being allowed into the SPL

Rangers won't escape punishment on this. Not only did the judge refer the decision on the sanction imposed back to the SFA appeal committee stating that the SFA should apply a sanction which it is within their power to apply (expulsion from the league among a limited number of options). But now FIFA want the SFA to take direct action against Rangers for them taking the SFA court in the first place.

A quite spectacular own goal from Rangers really..... :)

Rangers won't escape punishment on this. Not only did the judge refer the decision on the sanction imposed back to the SFA appeal committee stating that the SFA should apply a sanction which it is within their power to apply (expulsion from the league among a limited number of options). But now FIFA want the SFA to take direct action against Rangers for them taking the SFA court in the first place.

A quite spectacular own goal from Rangers really..... smile.png

They will be functioning as normal next season in SPL , any other thoughts I imagine are just fantasy.

If FIFA was to ban Scottish clubs from Europe because of rongers, how much money would cellik, Well, United, Jam Tarts and fake Saints stand to lose and how would that affect their decision ?

They will be functioning as normal next season in SPL , any other thoughts I imagine are just fantasy.

They're either fantasy, you've not been keeping up with the reality and scope of their transgressions or you're a Rongers fan trying to wind up decent fitba fans.

There will be no Rongers in the SPL next season.

I once was a wee bit worried about having gone out on a limb about this despite what seemed to me to be TOO MANY BAD THINGS that could not be ignored.

I am now sanguine about it. :)

They're either fantasy, you've not been keeping up with the reality and scope of their transgressions or you're a Rongers fan trying to wind up decent fitba fans.

I once was a wee bit worried about having gone out on a limb about this despite what seemed to me to be TOO MANY BAD THINGS that could not be ignored.

I am now sanguine about it. smile.png

I`m well upto date with the goings on , it just seems that the authorities are inept at handling their own policies & procedures.

Therefore I fully expect Rangers to be functioning in the SPL as normal next season.

That in no way means I wish or want that to happen , I am dissillusioned by the lack of sanctions sad.png

I`m well upto date with the goings on , it just seems that the authorities are inept at handling their own policies & procedures.

Therefore I fully expect Rangers to be functioning in the SPL as normal next season.

That in no way means I wish or want that to happen , I am dissillusioned by the lack of sanctions sad.png

Sanctions would be helpful merely in a point and gloat sense.

They are doomed. Too many obstacles are in the way. Too little time to sort them out. They broke too many 'rules'. They have created too many enemies.

They are f**ked. :)

I realise that for a lot of 'Peepil' in Scotland and Ulster the existence of a team that might satisfy their bigotted lusts is a necessary evil and that - perhaps through the actions of decent Hvn fans - a newco WILL inevitably develop/emerge - mibbe even more than one of them. I hope it IS a new club... without the baggage currently making them so loathable.

But never in time for next season.

Furthermore if/when it does emerge. It will start,, as it should from the bottom of the pyramid. Div 3, if they can get in.

Too much bad has been done by them to accept any other.

I could be wrong on this. :(

I increasingly doubt that I am. :)

Also - wee contradiction in your post, btw...

You rightly point out how inept the authorities have shown themselves to be....

...then you are daft enough to suggest they could organise such a grand larceny as twist all reality and work the bazzas back into SPL! :lol:

(I am now thinking that Dungf may yet regain their rightful place in the SPL. :) )

Pyrrhic victory

A Pyrrhic victory (/ˈpɪrɪk/) is a victory with such a devastating cost to the victor that it carries the implication that another such victory will ultimately cause defeat. At a purely technical level someone who wins a "Pyrrhic victory" has been victorious in some way. However, the heavy cost involved in winning and/or the unpleasant consequences which follow completely destroy any sense of achievement or profit. There is, therefore, no reason for celebration.

You could pretty much apply this definition to what Rangers achieved in court yesterday.

Edited by buddienixon

Not a happy chap - looks as if he really has had enough of this shambles. I certainly have.

Who can blame SG when for years his BoD have played by all the rules and penalties laid down by the authorities.

The Taylor Report and how it financially held back SMFC for many years - unlike Falkirk

The 10000 Seat rule - one rule for Saints and another for ICT & Ross County

The Undersoil Heating Fiasco - one rule for Saints and another for Motherwell

The Spartans fiasco.

Yet we still need a strong Rangers and Celtic according to him. This is not a dig at Rankers, it's a dig at the court getting involved. Yes, Rangers took them to court but said could could have ruled that it was improper for it to intervene. Gilmour will vote Rankers - in any shape or form so long as it's strong enough to challenge the Mhanky Mob. And watch Scottish football die a slow lingering death as the cancer at it's heart (the OF) suck out all the money

Congrats to bluto on calling this one right way back in the dim and distant past. I always that the perceived customer base of scumgers would save them. However, all we are seeing now is the bones of the club being picked dry. I'm just about to crack open a cheeky wee bottle to celebrate with. Its not quite official yet; however we can all have an extra special Jubilee celebration - Mon the Queen and her Buddie marvellous Revenue & Customs Service. drinks_cheers.gifking.gifcloud9.gif

I fear that Rangers will escape the type of punishment they deserve on legal technicalities due to the SFA and SPL rulebooks not being designed to cope with the level of cheating they have got away with for the last 15 years or so. The SPL meeting today clearly hopes that RFC will get their CVA approved and will move out of administration and there will be no need to vote on a newco application... and if that happens RFC start in next year's SPL as one of teh only debt free clubs in the league and may be allowed to sign players following the court of session ruling yesterday.

Sanctions would be helpful merely in a point and gloat sense.

They are doomed. Too many obstacles are in the way. Too little time to sort them out. They broke too many 'rules'. They have created too many enemies.

They are f**ked. smile.png

I realise that for a lot of 'Peepil' in Scotland and Ulster the existence of a team that might satisfy their bigotted lusts is a necessary evil and that - perhaps through the actions of decent Hvn fans - a newco WILL inevitably develop/emerge - mibbe even more than one of them. I hope it IS a new club... without the baggage currently making them so loathable.

But never in time for next season.

Furthermore if/when it does emerge. It will start,, as it should from the bottom of the pyramid. Div 3, if they can get in.

Too much bad has been done by them to accept any other.

I could be wrong on this. sad.png

I increasingly doubt that I am. smile.png

If a newco applies for membership of the SFL, they have to have SFA membership

Now, to have SFA membership, any newco MUST have 3 years audited accounts presented to the SFA.

A newco - by definition - will not even have 1 years accounts. So that must mean...

RaPeepul will not be back at Greenhill road for years... if ever thumbup2.gif