Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

I think there has been a big seachange. I think that basically every one in Scottish foot ball now does have it in for Rangers after the way they have behaved. All ready Dundee United refused to sell players to them with out cash up front. I expect that to be the attitude off most Scottish and a good few english and forgein teams expect to see similar attitudes from sponsers and service providers.

Also the history is dead. You can talk about it being in peoples heads all you like but the fact is no trophy will ever have Rangers name on it ever again. Even the commentators are calling them new rangers. lots of fans will walk away and they have probabaly stopped being anyones "big team" for a long time. I tried to get my boy into watching St Mirren, but it was difficult to compete with my Father in Law who could take him to Ibrox to massive crowds and winning (if bloody awful) football. Thats gone. It's not going to be so easy to persude kids to drop the local team and follow the bigots. Alot of fans are not fulled this is not the team they followed and their not interested.

They seem to have no viable buisness plan, other than to "invest" in the team by which they mean take on debt that they have no means to pay back. Under FFP rules no Sir Minty can come along and stuff tenners down players trousers. All the money needs to be generated by the club.

Yes there will still be a "hardcore" but that is basically going to be stripped back and ugly and not very wealthy. The idea that a share issue could save the club is bonkers!

Summing up, Rangers are dead and Newco are not going to be able to use financial muscle to dominate scottish football the way oldco did.

Looks like HMRC are going to be kept busy! official attendance tonight at Greyskull given as 38,000 when most commentators suggested it was 45,000?

Chick (hun) Young said it was over 50,000 and he's a neutral Saints supporter... :unsure:

Good windfall for east fife... If the money ever reaches them. Supposed to be paid in full in 10 days, I believe. THAT needs to be monitored.

No doubt Green will ensure that the evening's "profit" - stop sniggering! - will go to pay off oldco's football debts, as promised...

Meanwhile some anonymous benefactor is constantly funding the weekly shortfall in cash generated to keep sevco trundling along. Fascinating...

It's like a bullfight. You kinda have sympathy for the wounded beast and hope it prevails but you just know the ending...

Looks like HMRC are going to be kept busy! official attendance tonight at Greyskull given as 38,000 when most commentators suggested it was 45,000?

We all know they can't count. They think The Rangers FC, trading name of Sevco Scotland Limited have won over 50 league titles.

Guest somner9

Despite all the hoo-ha they aint deid! and the clammer to vote them into a re-org SPL next season will just build IF!!! they sustain crowds anywhere near last night.

time will tell when/if they suffer any defeats to a league 3 (2 or 1) side. If they don't the beast will be back before we know it.in fact it never really went away, and some mug will doubtless buy it back off charlie Green.

Despite all the hoo-ha they aint deid! and the clammer to vote them into a re-org SPL next season will just build IF!!! they sustain crowds anywhere near last night.

time will tell when/if they suffer any defeats to a league 3 (2 or 1) side. If they don't the beast will be back before we know it.in fact it never really went away, and some mug will doubtless buy it back off charlie Green.

If (and its a big if) they stay solvent, then Div 3 is going to be an embarrassment this season. Look at the players they've hung on to (despite Fat Sally's greeting that they've lost 23 players), they've brought in Black, Sandaza, Kyle, Shiels and some f*cking Brazilian. They look likely to get Beattie as well. Once these guys bed in, we'll be looking at some cricket scores. We can only hope the cash dries up again, or that the taxman kills them off for good.

Always going to be the case really. I think you have to enjoy it for what it is. If you go back to 4 or 5 years ago and were told of a situation were scumgers got booted to the 3rd division for cheating you'd have been forgiven for thinking the chap proposing such a scenario was aff his heid. Sadly, the joyousness of such a scenario is dampened by the sad reality that they will be back in no time at all in football terms and if we thought grotna was sickening scumgers progress up the leagues is going to be a helluva lot worse. Not so sure I fancy getting them in the cup either.

Guest somner9

If (and its a big if) they stay solvent, then Div 3 is going to be an embarrassment this season. Look at the players they've hung on to (despite Fat Sally's greeting that they've lost 23 players), they've brought in Black, Sandaza, Kyle, Shiels and some f*cking Brazilian. They look likely to get Beattie as well. Once these guys bed in, we'll be looking at some cricket scores. We can only hope the cash dries up again, or that the taxman kills them off for good.

Some idiot/idiots will buy them off Green, and they'll survive.

think about it if green can get 40,000 plus in there then others will pay him 10-12m easy to take over. next season he'll be looking for 15-20m

Do you really think the fans are going to continue to turn up? Offical attenance 35,000 for first home game of the season. Seems unlikely that they will keep that going. But they might. The signing of these players is just a millstone round their neck. They ae old(ish) and injury prone . They may well walk the third, but playing against 3rd division players leads to poor performance. One of the benifits of European football is that you get play against better players and learn from it. These guys will start coasting down hill. As Many have said there's more to play out on this. but if that was an SPL team with those players you would not be bricking it excactly now would you. And that is the level of player they can afford (or not afford in my opinion)

Time WILL tell.

My guess is 2 months - maybe a little optimistic but it has always needed money to run The Big Slum as a fitba club. Where is the money coming from? There's never been enough fans paying enough money to sustain the white elephant. And now they're paying div 3 entry fees to buy hertz and killie's best players...?

Does not compute.

They will find it harder to draw on taxpayer's dosh to do so than before. 2 months. :)

Time WILL tell.

My guess is 2 months - maybe a little optimistic but it has always needed money to run The Big Slum as a fitba club. Where is the money coming from? There's never been enough fans paying enough money to sustain the white elephant. And now they're paying div 3 entry fees to buy hertz and killie's best players...?

Does not compute.

They will find it harder to draw on taxpayer's dosh to do so than before. 2 months. smile.png

i agree,the cash cow wont last

Black,Sheils,Kyle and the sanddancer....to me them signing does not compute either

Do you really think the fans are going to continue to turn up? Offical attenance 35,000 for first home game of the season. Seems unlikely that they will keep that going. But they might. The signing of these players is just a millstone round their neck. They ae old(ish) and injury prone . They may well walk the third, but playing against 3rd division players leads to poor performance. One of the benifits of European football is that you get play against better players and learn from it. These guys will start coasting down hill. As Many have said there's more to play out on this. but if that was an SPL team with those players you would not be bricking it excactly now would you. And that is the level of player they can afford (or not afford in my opinion)

If they keep winning by big margins, then yes - the knuckledraggers WILL keep turning up. As far as they are concerned, we're all diddy clubs, so humping one of us is no different to humping another, no matter what division. They'll be in their element. I'm not 'bricking it' as you suggest - we don't have to play the f*kers (unless we meet in the Cup) - but it goes against the ethos of 'fair play' if they just buy their way (with money they don't have; in fact, with OTHER people's money) to the 3rd, 2nd and then 1st Division titles in succession. Then, when (not if) they get back into the SPL, they'll be even more obnoxious than before, if that's possible!!

Also, Alexander, Goian, Bocanegra, Broadfoot, Black, Shiels, Sandaza, Little - none of these are 'old' in footballing terms, and no doubt they'll bring in more before the transfer ban (is that still happening???) comes into effect.

I was quite happy that they'd been punted into the 3rd, but that was when I thought they wouldn't be able to pay funny money for players, and would be competing on a more level basis with the other teams.

What gets me is that they are allowed to sign players at all.

they are still attracting players to play for them, who are more than likely on a better wage than most SPL teams could pay.

cheating cnuts deserve to be chucked out of the SFL.

CHRISTMAS WISH #1

Dear Santa

Can you ensure that scumgers go bust before xmas.

Edited by stevie-dee

Pretty sure Hibs wound up with bigger home attendances when they romped the 1st division. They still have a 12 month (?) transfer ban that could hit them more next season. They have also benefited from the far flung bigots buying season tickets. There's a bus full of them travelling up from Blackburn that haven;t attended any games for years. I would imagine there'll be quite a lot of that going on this season.

The SFA & Co are not going to punish the scumgers cash cow out of existence. They benefit too much from it. SO long as their bigots prepared to pay to sustain their culture, there will be commercially minded breenjers only to happy to take their cash.

Even Charles Green should be able to make the newco work for a profit. Best chance is if he rips the arse out of the club and does a bunk...I suspect it will be a similar departure to that of the bunnet at porkheid though.

<snip>

The SFA & Co are not going to punish the scumgers cash cow out of existence. They benefit too much from it. SO long as their bigots prepared to pay to sustain their culture, there will be commercially minded breenjers only to happy to take their cash.

<snip>

Its time the SFA/SPL acted on their fans sectarian singing. Apparently they were being sung throught the Brechin City game and I am sure they would have been belting it iout at Ibrox too.

Points reductions for ANY Club for such behaviour and arrests of the perpetators is called for.

The daily record reported Green's claim that all football debts had been made, yes.

One has to imagine that "someone" is lying.

DUFC , for example...?

Could it be them...? :)

I'd imagine not, what will come out now is that some sort of bond has been promised to the SFA/SFL in exchange for a license and league membership.

The debts are starting to build up already-interesting times. i really do feel another crash coming on

Edited by beyond our ken

I see Green is in the media again stirring it up to make him look good in the eyes of the Orcs ...............

and to sell season tickets of course. I think he is quite willing to face a few disrepute charges and pay a few fines on the way to making Sevco ready for sale if he can manage this before they go bust again.

I see Green is in the media again stirring it up to make him look good in the eyes of the Orcs ...............

and to sell season tickets of course. I think he is quite willing to face a few disrepute charges and pay a few fines on the way to making Sevco ready for sale if he can manage this before they go bust again.

I'd agree, i think he is working on a timescale of weeks or maybe months to make them sellable, after Christmas, if they havent been sold and as it gets towards the end of year financials, i think we will see new problems emerge (or old ones resurfacing)

It's a gamblers strategy, several people putting in what to them is small change and any investment is taken on debt. If it works they all get investment x 10 back, if it doesnt they get a percentage of their outlay back as preferred creditors. One way or another the orcs pick up the tab

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-set-to-shatter-fourth-tier-1265251

The Daily Record, astute as ever, kind of states the obvious. "Global Brand" Rangers have a bigger support than all the 11 current SPL "local clubs" put together.

Its a bummer but we've learned to live with it over the years.

File this article in the same place as "Old Firm reserve match draws bigger crowd than 5 SPL matches".

Award winning journalism eh?

The Dandy shouldn't be the only comic thats disappearing.

http://www.dailyreco...th-tier-1265251

The Daily Record, astute as ever, kind of states the obvious. "Global Brand" Rangers have a bigger support than all the 11 current SPL "local clubs" put together.

Its a bummer but we've learned to live with it over the years.

File this article in the same place as "Old Firm reserve match draws bigger crowd than 5 SPL matches".

Award winning journalism eh?

The Dandy shouldn't be the only comic thats disappearing.

What about the Green Scum are they not bigger than Servco on its own. Rangers are no longer a global brand anyway, cos their deid. Its a bit like saying Hillman cars are bigger than Ford.