Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Why does a Club who have 36000 Season Tickets holders need a share issue to supplement day to day running costs.

Especially a Club in the lowest tier.

All other Clubs in the 3rd Division have crowds averaging a few hundred and those Clubs are all solvent.

It's all going to end in tears for the bigots and total joy for the rest of us.

You say that now but when Rangers go part time and pay their players £40 a week you'll no be so cocky.

You say that now but when Rangers go part time and pay their players £40 a week you'll no be so cocky.

In reality, with a decent manager, Newcunto could hire the best players from the 2nd division at low salaries and scoosh the 3rd division.

True 2becks, but in the Summer with a knowledgable manager, they could've signed the best 2nd division and maybe a few experienced 1st division players at a small fraction of the cost that they did spend.

They wouldve romped the bottom league and probably the 2nd division tae.

True 2becks, but in the Summer with a knowledgable manager, they could've signed the best 2nd division and maybe a few experienced 1st division players at a small fraction of the cost that they did spend.

They wouldve romped the bottom league and probably the 2nd division tae.

Gretna and Livvy did it why cant Scumgers. Could be because "ra peepil" want some kind of big name signing to encourage them to buy season tickets.

Gretna and Livvy did it why cant Scumgers. Could be because "ra peepil" want some kind of big name signing to encourage them to buy season tickets.

If they survive until the end of the season, and there must be some doubt, just wait to hear the rumblings about league restructuring and moves to get them a rapid return to the SPL. I honestly don't believe that bogey has completely disappeared when incompetents like Donkey are still around.

Why does a Club who have 36000 Season Tickets holders need a share issue to supplement day to day running costs.

Especially a Club in the lowest tier.

All other Clubs in the 3rd Division have crowds averaging a few hundred and those Clubs are all solvent.

It's all going to end in tears for the bigots and total joy for the rest of us.

But you're forgetting the 'We deserve better' campaign a couple of years ago (what was that about one man being to blame!!!).

On the maths they say they have the wage bill down to £6M (not including EBT's ohmy.png )

36000 season tickets x £200 = £7,200,000 so they can cover the wage bill on season tickets but must have other major expenses such as overnight stays in 5 star hotels (Is that why they had 5 stars on their shirts ?), luxury coach travel, policing, income tax, NI, upkeep of ipox and murray park. Thise figures must add up to more than £1.2M over a season so they'll fleece the mugs who don;t do walking away.

But you're forgetting the 'We deserve better' campaign a couple of years ago (what was that about one man being to blame!!!).

On the maths they say they have the wage bill down to £6M (not including EBT's ohmy.png )

36000 season tickets x £200 = £7,200,000 so they can cover the wage bill on season tickets but must have other major expenses such as overnight stays in 5 star hotels (Is that why they had 5 stars on their shirts ?), luxury coach travel, policing, income tax, NI, upkeep of ipox and murray park. Thise figures must add up to more than £1.2M over a season so they'll fleece the mugs who don;t do walking away.

The £6million figure is just plucked out the air. I doubt that they have managed to make it as low as that considering the number of players and staff that TUPE over on exactly the same terms and conditions as OLDCO. Wallace, Alexander, McCulloch, McCoist must be on about a Million each. Then when you consider Black, Kyle, Templeman, Sandaza, the Greek, the french guy and the brazillian the that could easy come to another £3million so that could be £7million already. Add in all the other players (and remember that the youth player were all on about £2k a week) then you see why Green needs a share flotation. Edited by insaintee

The £6million figure is just plucked out the air. I doubt that they have managed to make it as low as that considering the number of players and staff that TUPE over on exactly the same terms and conditions as OLDCO. Wallace, Alexander, McCulloch, McCoist must be on about a Million each. Then when you consider Black, Kyle, Templeman, Sandaza, the Greek, the french guy and the brazillian the that could easy come to another £3million so that could be £7million already. Add in all the other players (and remember that the youth player were all on about £2k a week) then you see why Green needs a share flotation.

I know that this is all just bluster from numpties like us on an Internet forum, but the fact that those kind of figures are involved is nothing short of scandalous IMO.

This was a club's chance to start afresh, like others have said to sign the best players at that level, and get rid of all the crap which was associated with the late Rangers. But they haven't done any of that. It's quite sad really and I think a lot of The Rangers fans would agree. Why spend money they don't have to spend? It's just indicative of the type of sickness which has crept into football and is going to start biting clubs on the arse sooner rather than later.

I know that this is all just bluster from numpties like us on an Internet forum, but the fact that those kind of figures are involved is nothing short of scandalous IMO.

This was a club's chance to start afresh, like others have said to sign the best players at that level, and get rid of all the crap which was associated with the late Rangers. But they haven't done any of that. It's quite sad really and I think a lot of The Rangers fans would agree. Why spend money they don't have to spend? It's just indicative of the type of sickness which has crept into football and is going to start biting clubs on the arse sooner rather than later.

I was told by someone who is fairly knowledgeable about the situation at Rangers that they have managed to amass a £600,000 debt already having spent their season ticket money. The gamble seems to be based around good cup runs with the end goal being two Old Firm derbies. I totally agree with Shull and his point about Rangers being able to do a Gretna on a much lower budget with a decent manager but when I put that question out I was asked how many season tickets did I think Rangers would sell if fans were turning out to watch Kevin McKinley and John Gemmill.

Rangers are still expecting league reconstruction will put them back in the top flight next season and the fact that SPL Chairman haven't bothered fixing the voting structure in the SPL suggests they might well be right.

I was told by someone who is fairly knowledgeable about the situation at Rangers that they have managed to amass a £600,000 debt already having spent their season ticket money. The gamble seems to be based around good cup runs with the end goal being two Old Firm derbies. I totally agree with Shull and his point about Rangers being able to do a Gretna on a much lower budget with a decent manager but when I put that question out I was asked how many season tickets did I think Rangers would sell if fans were turning out to watch Kevin McKinley and John Gemmill.

Rangers are still expecting league reconstruction will put them back in the top flight next season and the fact that SPL Chairman haven't bothered fixing the voting structure in the SPL suggests they might well be right.

Don't always agree with you, Stu as you know, but I do on this matter. At one time the rigged voting structure was regarded as an absolute disgrace and the absence of you-know-who was hailed as the perfect opportunity to get it sorted out once and for all. Now the silence is deafening. Again it makes me wonder if our esteemed bunch of SPL chairmen don't actually want it changed so that they can blame someone else when The Rangers rise like Phoenix from the ashes. If they think the fans will fall for it after the armageddon fiasco, then they're barking up the wrong tree. Let's just watch this space.

He's said that for a while... He WILL be getting out soon as he has the loot, also they're not due back in SPL (best case scenario of scooping EVERY league) for 3 seasons - or there will be another attempted stitch-up of league reorganisation. How can we have a genuine clue as to what he means? It's rabble-rousing, in the main. No surrender bollox.

The man is a master of weasel words.

The tragedy is that it takes punters like us (internet bampots!) to dissect, analyse and question his bumph, when that should be the job and duty of every member of the Media.

THEY should be saying. "What, EXACTLY, do you mean by that, Charlie?".

There is still no clarity on what he's selling.... is it club shares, company shares, how much per share, who gets first dibs, do they have any voting rights, what is the need for instant money for as they cannae buy players for years yet, and the grun is bigger than most SPL clubs so no need to expand that immediately for SFL purposes...?

It couldn't be that the share issue is to raise instant money for the swag bag, could it? ohmy.png

post-1579-0-65859600-1350031161_thumb.jp

He's said that for a while... He WILL be getting out soon as he has the loot, also they're not due back in SPL (best case scenario of scooping EVERY league) for 3 seasons - or there will be another attempted stitch-up of league reorganisation. How can we have a genuine clue as to what he means? It's rabble-rousing, in the main. No surrender bollox.

The man is a master of weasel words.

The tragedy is that it takes punters like us (internet bampots!) to dissect, analyse and question his bumph, when that should be the job and duty of every member of the Media.

THEY should be saying. "What, EXACTLY, do you mean by that, Charlie?".

There is still no clarity on what he's selling.... is it club shares, company shares, how much per share, who gets first dibs, do they have any voting rights, what is the need for instant money for as they cannae buy players for years yet, and the grun is bigger than most SPL clubs so no need to expand that immediately for SFL purposes...?

It couldn't be that the share issue is to raise instant money for the swag bag, could it? ohmy.png

How could you possibly think that? huh.png

Charles Green: complete tosspot...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19924802?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sportsound

"Arsenal don't want to play Southampton or Swansea, but ask them if they want to play Celtic or Rangers. It's what the fans want to see."

Arsenal v Southamption: sold out. Those poor souls - 60,361 forced to watch Arsenal v Southampton. They'd far rather see carthorses like Lee McCulloch, Kevin Kyle, Ian Black and Lee Wallace destroying the good name of football on the Emirates pitch than a Southampton side which would ride Sevco into oblivion.

Green is quoted today as saying that he will not allow Newco to enter the SPL on his watch. Does this suggest that he intends to get out before they reach this level?

It suggests to me that thatC huck is playing to the gallery, but when it comes to it the extra money from the SPL and possible european income will soon change his mind. Just a few weeks ago he told fans in Ireland they might have an orange strip. Earlier this week he was saying there will be no orange strip. He's in the wrong job, he should be a politician.