Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

Here's a thought ( and is purely guess work)

Newco say they sold 30,000 season tickets so with an average 40,000 for every home game that leaves 10,000 paying customers every home game

But

If rumours are true and that out of that remaining 10,000 they gave away free tickets to swell the crowds then how much money are they actually bringing in every home game?

it points to a "hint" of administration once again

but

would they be deducted 25pts for being in admin for a second time or just 10pts as they are a new club?

which begs the question can a new club buy history?...can anyone buy history?

if so i will buy the 1987 scottish cup and all hangovers belong to me

no matter any more now that the Blue Square League say that they can accomodate Rankers, was on Talksport yesterday, cant mind his name but said that problems getting rankers into league were not to much of a problem

please please pretty please Mr Blue Circle take em

and why does charles want to change leagues when he states that rankers will not be here for long, strange man??????

which begs the question can a new club buy history?...can anyone buy history?

Boring, serious answers to good questions. A qualified 'yes' but a definite 'no'.

If you are buying a company that is a going concern then you can certainly pay over the odds (IE above the value of tangible assets such as factories, plant, goods) in order to secure the goodwill of that company - which WOULD include the notion of a continuing history and would be seen as such by cutomers.

But as Rangers were in administration, thus not a going concern, it is certain that goodwill was not something that he bought.

All goodwill and any sense of history dies with the organisation.

What Green bought is not wholly clear. IE it's extremely doubtful that the club he's flogging off 'shares' for, owns Ibroakes or Murray Park, many of the players walked away from the wreckage, too.

Thus if you go on ebay or whatever and buy war medals, you don't become a war hero.

If you buy the house that Robert Burns lived in you don't become a poet.

If, as a newco, you go to a karaoke night and sing "I will survive", you become neither GLORIA GAYNOR... nor Rangers.

:rolleyes:

Edited by bluto

Guest somner9
Boring, serious answers to good questions. A qualified 'yes' but a definite 'no'.

If you are buying a company that is a going concern then you can certainly pay over the odds (IE above the value of tangible assets such as factories, plant, goods) in order to secure the goodwill of that company - which WOULD include the notion of a continuing history and would be seen as such by cutomers.

But as Rangers were in administration, thus not a going concern, it is certain that goodwill was not something that he bought.

What Green bought is not wholly clear. IE it's extremely doubtful that the club he's flogging off 'shares' for, owns Ibroakes or Murray Park, many of the players walked away from the wreckage, too.

Thus if you go on ebay or whatever and buy war medals, you don't become a war hero.

If, as a newco, you go to a karaoke night and sing "I will survive", you become neither Whitney Houston GLORIA GAYNOR .. nor Rangers.

Fixed! now where's the lassie who roller skates in the video these days?

If, as a newco, you go to a karaoke night and sing "I will survive", you become neither GLORIA GAYNOR... nor Rangers.

rolleyes.gif

The things I can't get my head round for it being the same club:

Why would players need to be transferred under TUPE, surely they're contracted to the club not the company owning the club and if the club never died they would still be contracted to them ?

Why would the SFA licence need to be transferred to another club, if the old club never died then they should still have had a licence ?

Why would the history need to be bought if it's the history of the club they claim is still in existence ?

My questions are only for the SPL/SFA/SFL.........Rangers are in the 3rd division and will go bust again soon.......There can be no way back for them when so many need a cash payout on leaving. When this happens then the SPL/SFA/SFL will have no where to go .....Coming to a cinema near you..."Ticketus the final frontier" staring Charles Green, David Murray, Craig Whyte........You can add the rest.

My questions are only for the SPL/SFA/SFL.........Rangers are in the 3rd division and will go bust again soon.......There can be no way back for them when so many need a cash payout on leaving. When this happens then the SPL/SFA/SFL will have no where to go .....Coming to a cinema near you..."Ticketus the final frontier" staring Charles Green, David Murray, Craig Whyte........You can add the rest.

Have you been on the "jellies"?

Lol ok....A truce!........I don't want fcukn 20 likes for 2 posts .....Makes me puke!.........Tony A is a former poster under another name and as I've now been told who he is then I will withdraw from trolling

Superb! Nurse! We have another possible schizophrenic!

• 3 weeks later...

Much as I detest the clamour on this site for all things Old Firm I feel I have to mention that I have just pissed myself as a Rangers supporting mate has just sent me a text that he's watching the game on TV tomorrow as they are boycotting the game and he thinks this is going to bring the end of Scottish football. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

The blatant smugness is almost beyond belief.

Suppose it's worth it to point and laugh. 1eye.gif

Much as I detest the clamour on this site for all things Old Firm I feel I have to mention that I have just pissed myself as a Rangers supporting mate has just sent me a text that he's watching the game on TV tomorrow as they are boycotting the game and he thinks this is going to bring the end of Scottish football. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

The blatant smugness is almost beyond belief.

Suppose it's worth it to point and laugh. 1eye.gif

You're obsessed with The R. punk.gif