Solar Panels

spirit of 77

Another daft and unnecessary thread. The OP kicks off with a loaded question moaning that something hasn't happened blaming the CIC; then the dafty moves on to berate the club; then comes the revelation that renewable energy is his area of expertise (mainly hot air!)...............so why has the numpty not got in contact with the CIC or the club to offer his assistance?

That's a rhetorical question by the way, as we all know the answer is "bawbag". tongue.png

Is it possible the panels haven't been installed yet because it would mean closing the stand for some time ? Maybe because some structural work is needed to strengthen the roof or the amount of time scaffolding and access equipment would need to be on site ?

Or maybe it's because we haven't had that much sunshine this year (or last) and it wouldn't be cost effective.

Before anyone replies to that, I know they're photovoltaic cells and only need day light to work.

Is there information anywhere to say the idea has been scrapped? I haven't seen that published anywhere.

FWIW I agree with you. My Christmas bonus was scrapped after last years payment in return for a load of shares in a subsidiary company that was renting space on the roofs of supermarkets to utalise the FITs to provide a dividend for the next 25 years. It's a scheme that looks like it will pretty much double the value of what I get this year and I presume for many years after. St Mirren could have rented out their roof space in a similar style deal whilst paying the supplier to use the energy generated.

I think that in essence is what we would have had stuart, there was no way we were gonna lay out 250k or whatever it would have cost, it would have been mutually beneficial to the energy company interested in the corporate cic membership, how often do areas as big as that become available when the tenant isnt going anywhere ever?