Important Update From 10000Hours

div

Pretty sure (all) the sellers won't have the appetite for another long drawn out attempt by REA and Co.I understand that K McG is confident of pushing his bid through now , that's if you believe what people close to him are saying about it ?

Guest somner9

I don't think anyone has said that the club is in dire straits ? You would need to show me that ?

The controlling interest in the club IS up for sale though and it WILL be sold eventually, unless the selling consortium break rank.

Who it is sold to should be of concern to EVERY St.Mirren supporter.

TSUmirren alluded to such on the previous page.

But let's be clear it aint being sold to 10000 hours, and as we stand no other firm bid is being considered (least thats what SG said, maybe that's changed?).

Obviously anyone/group that does put a firm bid on the table, or into the public domain needs to be thourougly scrutinised to see if it soars like an eagle or trots like a turkey

Guest somner9

Pretty sure (all) the sellers won't have the appetite for another long drawn out attempt by REA and Co.I understand that K McG is confident of pushing his bid through now , that's if you believe what people close to him are saying about it ?

Phew!!! salvation......

I was surrounded by a flock of savage dead sheep there so I wiz...punk.gif

Phew!!! salvation......

I was surrounded by a flock of savage dead sheep there so I wiz...punk.gif

That's a poor come baaaa-ck.

Tell us about Ken's bid, what's involved, and why it'll be our salvation... if that's what you meant. If it isn't, I'll come back in a minute with another sheep gag.

Guest somner9

That's a poor come baaaa-ck.

Tell us about Ken's bid, what's involved, and why it'll be our salvation... if that's what you meant. If it isn't, I'll come back in a minute with another sheep gag.

I don't know nuffin abaaaaw-t ken's bid! Let's see if he/them are serious?

If it looks imo in anyway iffy, I'll treat it as such!

The people opposed to the scheme were offered a platform to debate their concerns in front of the supporters who were pledging to make it happen. They had the opportunity to effectively scupper the scheme they were so against by educating everyone as to why they should do that.

They didn't take the opportunity. I have no idea why.

We had a debate on here with 10000hours contributing 115 posts between April 1strolleyes.gif and July 25th - I notice 10000hours is online atm - last active today @ 13.06 cool.png.

It was always the case though that however the debate went if 10000 Hours got the required number of signatures they were going to go press on with the takeover.

Edited by Bud the Baker

From the Official Site

Stewart Gilmour: Statement

November 21, 2011

As you will be aware there was an article in the Herald newspaper today and probably by the time you read this many more media discussions on the subject.

To assure all St Mirren supporters the Club is being run in a responsible manner, nothing has changed in the day to day running of the football club. The current Board of Directors are still working as hard as ever to ensure the prudent and smooth running of St Mirren Football Club.

The situation with regards to the change of ownership of the majority shareholding has not changed either. The selling consortium is still fully committed to ensuring the continued succession of responsible management at the Club. The consortium are well aware that the Club could possibly benefit from new energy and ideas and will endeavour to select the best option for the future of St Mirren Football Club as it is placed before them.

It has been unfortunate that the CIC has been unable to complete its deal however there is still interest from both the CIC and other parties in obtaining control of St Mirren Football Club.

As and when these proposals are presented to the selling consortium they shall be evaluated and hopefully the best way forward for the Club shall be obtained.

We hope this clarifies the situation from the operational side of St Mirren Football Club and we thank you for your continued support to the Manager, his backroom staff and the Players.

Please note we hope to make a further statement later this week regarding the contractual situation of our Manager, Danny Lennon.

Stewart Gilmour

Edited by billyg

It was always the case though that however the debate went if 10000 Hours got the required number of signatures they were going to go press on with the takeover.

Well yes, the final say so on who takes over the shareholding lies solely with the selling consortium and there isn't jack shit that any of us can do to stop them selling to whoever they want to sell to.

The difference with the 10000Hours bid though was that they NEEDED the supporters to be on side otherwise the numbers would not have stacked up and the funders would not have been interested.

The guys who were completely against the CIC therefore had an ideal opportunity to try and educate the rest of us about WHY it was a bad move. If they had succeeded then the pledges would have been removed and the CIC bid would have died on it's arse a long time ago.

To summarise the main reasons that there was anti-CIC sentiment were as far as I can see;

1) Richard isn't a born and bred St.Mirren fan and isn't from Paisley

2) Nobody had ever bought a football club this way before

3) Richard wasn't sinking his own money into the club

4) The £2m asking price was too high

5) There were too many tiers of hierachy in the CIC model

6) There were no scarves for sale in the club shop

Some of those were valid concerns, some of them were just utter nonsense !

I am all for Ken McGeoch and co taking over the club in a "traditional" takeover if that is the best long term option for the club but I will certainly be looking for answers as to what that bid entails, who is involved, where the money is coming from and what the long term business strategy is.

Nobody is going to invest millions of pounds in St.Mirren just for the fun of it, unless they have landed the Euro Millions.

Jeez, statements are like buses... you wait ages for one, then two come along at once. The SG statement is re-assuring in tone. Business as usual.

There's competition for places on the field, and it sounds like there is competition for the 52% controlling interest now off the field. To anyone reading this who may be involved in any bid, my message as a simple muppet fan would be this:

Cards on the table, show us what you've got, and play with a straight bat.

Fair enough Div, but I was impressed when 10000 Hours became 10000hours, came online and slugged it out with us, it didn't change my opinion regarding the CIC but I thought the more of him for doing so.

However he's not posted on here since July 25th and it was you who posted the link to the latest news on the 10000 Hours website, even that's fair enough but for 10000hours then to come online read 80 or so posts and slink off without making any contribution just strikes me as being a bit cowardly.

Guest somner9

Other reasons why 10000 hours didn't convice me.....

7. They gave no detail on their proposal

8. The Cic debt would have been funded from turnover (enhanced) of SMFC, and if there was none???

9. They consulted organisations and community groups first and fans last

10. Timescales, deadlines, or perhaps guidelines? whatever you call them they coudn't hit them any easier than they could hit a cows arse with a banjo

11. Their communication just stop...

12. It was the least possible democratic ownership model of a football club being owned by the fans that I've ever seen

Guest somner9

From the Official Site

Stewart Gilmour: Statement

November 21, 2011

As you will be aware there was an article in the Herald newspaper today and probably by the time you read this many more media discussions on the subject.

To assure all St Mirren supporters the Club is being run in a responsible manner, nothing has changed in the day to day running of the football club. The current Board of Directors are still working as hard as ever to ensure the prudent and smooth running of St Mirren Football Club.

The situation with regards to the change of ownership of the majority shareholding has not changed either. The selling consortium is still fully committed to ensuring the continued succession of responsible management at the Club. The consortium are well aware that the Club could possibly benefit from new energy and ideas and will endeavour to select the best option for the future of St Mirren Football Club as it is placed before them.

It has been unfortunate that the CIC has been unable to complete its deal however there is still interest from both the CIC and other parties in obtaining control of St Mirren Football Club.

As and when these proposals are presented to the selling consortium they shall be evaluated and hopefully the best way forward for the Club shall be obtained.

We hope this clarifies the situation from the operational side of St Mirren Football Club and we thank you for your continued support to the Manager, his backroom staff and the Players.

Please note we hope to make a further statement later this week regarding the contractual situation of our Manager, Danny Lennon.

Stewart Gilmour

Quote: "And Other Parties"?

Does that mean 10000 hours was just a "stalking horse" or worse still the Selling consortium's "fluffer"ohmy.png

SG Appearing on Sportsound tonight so hopefully we will get more information about what happens next;

Tonight on Sportsound: The SPL confirm they've agreed a new TV deal...St Mirren chairman Stuart Gilmour joins Kenny MacIntyre, Chick Young and Stephen Craigan to discuss that and where his club are with any potential sale of St Mirren. Send in your questions for Stuart and your thoughts on the deal when all is revealed on tonight's show. We'll discuss Inverness CT's appeal over Greg Tansy's red card and the title race with the gap narrowing at the top. And should we seriously look at bringing back standing areas in Scotland? BBC Radio Scotland 810mw, online and on digital

TSUmirren alluded to such on the previous page.

I don't think I did. We're certainly not in dire straights, the budget of around £1.3 million sees us break even and that's good for a SPL club. I did state I think a lot of the CIC is good and that we just won't get a white knight coming along with millions to spare. If Ken McGeoch is going to take over then I'd love to see how without him recouping the money somehow, even if by a reworked fan investment model. I'd also like to see how we become a commercial success without offering companies some sort of incentive, at least having them on board alongside us was transparent, workable and the right thing to do.

Oh, come on...really! There was plenty of detail, they even gave figures for a rise in the budget and offered anyone interested a one on one meeting to view the business plan.

8. The Cic debt would have been funded from turnover (enhanced) of SMFC, and if there was none???

A portion was turnover and some was the fees coming in, which is a lot better than plastic involvement for one seat or someone taking a salary to recoup.

What would have happened if they'd engaged the fans first? I'll tell you what, every single fan would have said "who's involved" and gone on about how stupid it was to come to us with a flimsy plan. When it was revealed discussions were ongoing with the likes of Poz, Div, myself, Mr Lafferty and others that should have been seen as a chance to ask questions and get a meeting, but for some it was a sign to become an internet hero.

10. Timescales, deadlines, or perhaps guidelines? whatever you call them they coudn't hit them any easier than they could hit a cows arse with a banjo

It was the first time this was being done, I'd much rather we missed a few deadlines rather than press on and find we've made a pig's dinner of it later on. With that in mind, I hope Ken McGeoch doesn't just push his bid through.

Once it became repetitive there was no real need. That said, there are so many folk on here with inside information that surely the message should have gotten out there anyway. Why aren't we at 100? -There's a hold up with one person... over and over and over. That and some of the stuff being posted didn't warrant a reply.

12. It was the least possible democratic ownership model of a football club being owned by the fans that I've ever seen.

Nah, let me tell you all about Ebbsfleet United...oh wait, you don't want to know because it's based on fact and experience. The CIC would have had other interests, hence the main board (not inside 6 months though), you needed a board representing the overall operations of the SMFC portion of the CIC and then a board to run the football club. For the club itself there was nothing to stop a larger % of fans to commercial parties and I don't believe that ratio was ever set in stone.

Others spoke about a lack of a plan, but then they want control and involvement. I could go on about not getting involved or not seeing the chance to make this our plan, but it appears the one person would have scuppered this all anyway.

Guest somner9

Oh, come on...really! There was plenty of detail, they even gave figures for a rise in the budget and offered anyone interested a one on one meeting to view the business plan.

A portion was turnover and some was the fees coming in, which is a lot better than plastic involvement for one seat or someone taking a salary to recoup.

What would have happened if they'd engaged the fans first? I'll tell you what, every single fan would have said "who's involved" and gone on about how stupid it was to come to us with a flimsy plan. When it was revealed discussions were ongoing with the likes of Poz, Div, myself, Mr Lafferty and others that should have been seen as a chance to ask questions and get a meeting, but for some it was a sign to become an internet hero.

It was the first time this was being done, I'd much rather we missed a few deadlines rather than press on and find we've made a pig's dinner of it later on. With that in mind, I hope Ken McGeoch doesn't just push his bid through.

Once it became repetitive there was no real need. That said, there are so many folk on here with inside information that surely the message should have gotten out there anyway. Why aren't we at 100? -There's a hold up with one person... over and over and over. That and some of the stuff being posted didn't warrant a reply.

12. It was the least possible democratic ownership model of a football club being owned by the fans that I've ever seen.

Nah, let me tell you all about Ebbsfleet United...oh wait, you don't want to know because it's based on fact and experience. The CIC would have had other interests, hence the main board (not inside 6 months though), you needed a board representing the overall operations of the SMFC portion of the CIC and then a board to run the football club. For the club itself there was nothing to stop a larger % of fans to commercial parties and I don't believe that ratio was ever set in stone.

Others spoke about a lack of a plan, but then they want control and involvement. I could go on about not getting involved or not seeing the chance to make this our plan, but it appears the one person would have scuppered this all anyway.

Point 9! that theres called democracy! the reason to have fan ownership, not the reason to suppress it! Ebbsfleet is a bad example, or a good example how not to do things!

Re Ken McG... let's see who's offer/offers come to fruition, any offer/bid needs careful analysis