ktf

Many thanks to the Buds who came to help hand out the leaflets! We got all 2000 out easily. Hopefully you all got hot drink courtesy of Carrs! Many thanks Rosalind for that smile.png

Nope, never got a hot drink, never knew about it. Would have been uproar on the forum anyway.... free drink for leaflet chuggers? Disgrace. Anyway, it wisnae' a hot drink I needed after watching that crap today - it was a stiff drink.

Did any of you guy's get any sort of feed back. Don't think todays game would have a good effect on these flyers as many will feel scunerd

Give your fellow fans a wee bit more credit than that. Although your fickleness is becoming legendary. tongue.png He's in he's out he shakes it all about.

Everybody the sidlettes gave leaflets to seemed genuinely please to receive the flyers. I did get one comment from a chap who is still concerned about his existing shares in SMFC becoming worthless and he also said he didn't like REA. Other than all was positive although one guy was talking to his mate about not getting a response from 10000hrs when he originally registered his interest.

Other than that it was all very positive.

Give your fellow fans a wee bit more credit than that. Although your fickleness is becoming legendary. tongue.png He's in he's out he shakes it all about.

Everybody the sidlettes gave leaflets to seemed genuinely please to receive the flyers. I did get one comment from a chap who is still concerned about his existing shares in SMFC becoming worthless and he also said he didn't like REA. Other than all was positive although one guy was talking to his mate about not getting a response from 10000hrs when he originally registered his interest.

Agreed! Everyone I gave a leaflet to seemed more tha happy to receive it and some people even came across to get one when they saw their late with one...

Only one guy refused saying he knew about it and wasn't interested, which is fair enough!

ETA: bloody touch screen!

Edited by ktf

Oye ! I have always been pro CIC.

Any how well done Sid to you and the family and everyone else who helped out today

I've signed the pledge on their website, so what do i do now? Wait for paperwork to come through?

I can't quite remember how everything runs, I think you'll get an email through with DD form and other info... But don't quote me on that! Rest assured, something will happen.

thumbup2.gif

I can't quite remember how everything runs, I think you'll get an email through with DD form and other info... But don't quote me on that! Rest assured, something will happen.

thumbup2.gif

Is this a different DD to the one I signed donkey's ago? Has it changed because the original CiC went tits up?

Edited because I can't f*ckin spell!!!!

Edited by saint in exile

Nah same one still applies. If you're not happy with that, you can cancel it smile.png

That would bring the cancellations up to two.

The anti-CIC brigade missed a trick there. With them being so confident that the CIC won't happen they could have signed up then cancelled, which would of course have reflected badly on the CIC. Then again they're no the smartest group of St Mirren fans. 1eye.gif

• 2 weeks later...

If we got some more, would anyone be up for handing out some flyers at the R*ng*rs game?

I know it's perhaps too targeted and not very inventive but if it gets one or two on board, it must be worth it. I'll happily pull it together (meeting at 2 this time!!!) if folks are up for it?!

If we got some more, would anyone be up for handing out some flyers at the R*ng*rs game?

I know it's perhaps too targeted and not very inventive but if it gets one or two on board, it must be worth it. I'll happily pull it together (meeting at 2 this time!!!) if folks are up for it?!

whistling.gif

Have you been drinking by any chance?

0800 555 111 The Grass Line - Hope your know gonnae shop any of these nice Govan Boy's ? whistling.gif

I don't think there'll be much point to that. I'd like to see some sponsored articles in the local press now. Both the PDE and the Gazette thingys. There's no point bombarding the same people with the same information.

Get a wider article in the press that also covers the excellent community work being done at the club, what could be achieved in the future under the CIC / Co-op model and all with nice pics of our SNP c"ntcillors supporting the fans ownership / CIC takeover.

I don't think there'll be much point to that. I'd like to see some sponsored articles in the local press now. Both the PDE and the Gazette thingys. There's no point bombarding the same people with the same information.

Get a wider article in the press that also covers the excellent community work being done at the club, what could be achieved in the future under the CIC / Co-op model and all with nice pics of our SNP c"ntcillors supporting the fans ownership / CIC takeover.

What about information booths set up in the town centre, braehead, the airport, etc for a few days and information printed on beer mats distributed to all the pubs in the town and beyond?

Edited by sally02

What about information booths set up in the town centre, braehead, the airport, etc for a few days and information printed on beer mats distributed to all the pubs in the town and beyond?

....I quite like the idea of Tony Fitzpatrick driving round the town with a loudhaler like Fergie used to do.

Sid I see you have been reading my post made before the leaflets were given out at the last home game. I wrote a large peace of PR should be done in the local paper and attached a form to join the whatever it is called now.

There lies another problem here is a St Mirren fan who dose not know if 10,000 hours is the name or Co-op is the name, very confusing signals being sent out.

Back to my first point. I wrote at the time of the last leaflets being distributed that it was all being rushed through far too quickly.

There should be a committee with a couple of fans on it. From there the committee sit round a table and draw up a big meaningful PR push properly planed.

This is a news story which needs to be reached out to the people of Paisley and surrounding areas. As such there is plenty free publicity on offer through all different kinds of media as long as you have a spokes person willing to do the talking.

An invite not only to Saints fans but the many clubs that are out there in Renfrewshire who might benefit becoming a part of St Mirrens Co-op.

I suspect that time is now of the essence LS. A lot of time was wasted on the overly complicated previous proposal. Ironically the complexity was caused by the funder that welched under pressure from our SNP c"ntcillors. I would rather we all had time to work as a unit to get the co-op out to the wider community. At the moment it is all about getting over the finish line quickly, which I am not a fan of....sadly we can't set the rules of this particular game. That will be down to the consortium.

One benfit of getting over the finishing line quickly is that we can then take the message to the wider community and really ramp up the funding. That way the additional money will count for more from our perspective.