Kibble Facility No Longer Available ?

Wilbur

Just a wee question that I'm sure anyone on the SMiSA committee will be able to answer easily.

According to the most recent communication I have received from SMiSA, we are finding it difficult to secure a suitable venue for the next members' meeting. Apparently the Kibble facility next to SMP is no longer available to us. This puzzles me. Can anyone tell me why this is the case ?

My train of thought is as follows .....................

The "chief" at Kibble (sorry, can't remember his name) has been paraded in front of the SMiSA membership preaching eloquently about the benefits his organisation will gain once Richard Atkinson's CIC gains control of SMFC. The not-inconsiderable amount of funding that SMiSA has conditionally offered to the CIC is (presumably) still a fundamental element necessary for the success of the overall venture. Therefore, why would Kibble choose to withdraw this meeting facility from a potentially critical funder ? Is SMiSA's financial input no longer coveted by the CIC ? Has the management at Kibble had a change of heart about the perceived benefits of CIC membership ?

Should I be concerned that SMiSA's funds are in danger of being pished away ?

Just a wee question that I'm sure anyone on the SMiSA committee will be able to answer easily.

According to the most recent communication I have received from SMiSA, we are finding it difficult to secure a suitable venue for the next members' meeting. Apparently the Kibble facility next to SMP is no longer available to us. This puzzles me. Can anyone tell me why this is the case ?

The "chief" at Kibble (sorry, can't remember his name) has been paraded in front of the SMiSA membership preaching eloquently about the benefits his organisation will gain once Richard Atkinson's CIC gains control of SMFC. The not-inconsiderable amount of funding that SMiSA has conditionally offered to the CIC is (presumably) still a fundamental element necessary for the success of the overall venture. Therefore, why would Kibble choose to withdraw this meeting facility from a potentially critical funder ? Is SMiSA's financial input no longer coveted by the CIC ? Has the management at Kibble had a change of heart about the perceived benefits of CIC membership ?

Or maybe they're still recovering from this?

http://www.paisleydailyexpress.co.uk/renfrewshire-news/2011/08/25/hunt-for-firebugs-after-blaze-87085-29295886/

Thanks FTOF. That would explain it !! As I don't live in Paisley that little snippet had escaped me.

I'm not sure whether it this that's rendered the facility out of use for SMISA, but I remembered that I had read that there had been a fire at the Kibble.

iamwithstupid.gif

. .talk about conspiracy theories. .phone.gif

My question wasn't intended as a conspiracy theory, I was only seeking an explanation because it seemed odd to me that the Kibble facilities were no longer being made available to SMiSA members for meetings (and that is how it was explained on the SMiSA letter). I was not aware of the fire / vandalism because (believe it or not) a story of such significance to a worldwide audience failed to make News At Ten. Another PDE exclusive !

My question wasn't intended as a conspiracy theory, I was only seeking an explanation because it seemed odd to me that the Kibble facilities were no longer being made available to SMiSA members for meetings (and that is how it was explained on the SMiSA letter). I was not aware of the fire / vandalism because (believe it or not) a story of such significance to a worldwide audience failed to make News At Ten. Another PDE exclusive !

Wilbur = Yul = animal. tongue.png

• 1 month later...

I was at the kibble today for a site meeting, the chap I was with said they no longer had the lease on that building (if its the same one im thinking off, next to Gilmour sports?) Slater mensware are taking it over.

Wrong place mate.The one they are talking about is straight across from the Stadium.The "Mark Yardley Breakfast" burger van sits in the same wee estate.

I was at the kibble today for a site meeting, the chap I was with said they no longer had the lease on that building (if its the same one im thinking off, next to Gilmour sports?) Slater mensware are taking it over.

Slaters are just holding monthly warehouse sales there. Well worth going to, much cheapness.