So Is It Really Dead Looking At Today's Press

Isle Of Bute Saint

It is not an article about the sale of St Mirren... a general article of the state of SPL finances where the reporter tries to pick out the bad financial news on as many clubs as possible: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/12/15/spl-chief-neil-doncaster-rules-out-a-winter-shutdown-as-crowds-dwindle-ahead-of-christmas-86908-23636623/

Here are a few paragraphs including the sentence on St Mirren:

"Former First Minister Henry McLeish, the author of the SFA commissioned report into the state of Scottish football, said last week there was a "fear factor" among clubs when it came to finance.

Since then Hearts have gone into even deeper conflict with unpaid players waiting with baited breath to find out if their wages will be paid in full, or at all, this morning.

r*ngers live on a daily basis with the fear of at a x investigation going against them and edging the club towards the possibility of administration.

Kilmarnock's latest figures show the Ayrshire club in debt to the tune of over £9million. St Mirren have had to abandon talks over the sale of the club to a buyer who couldn't raise the money to take them over after looking for funding for over a year.

Dundee United's Stephen Thompson last night confirmed the club are up to date with the money due on David Goodwillie's transfer to Blackburn.

But the Tannadice side are 18 per cent down on season-ticket sales and the chairman knows it's time to come up with some good ideas on the future."

I'm sure Killie's board would be putting a different spin on their financial results from last year: i.e. they made a big reduction in the debt due to posting a healthy profit from transfers, higher attendances and got more prize money from finishing in the top 6 instead of the relegation zone again.

The Record report might well be a pile of shite but looking at the tracker on the 10000hours website it doesn't look very hopeful. It looks to me that despite the big push and the efforts of many in distributing fliers only approx 50 new members have signed up and despite a post from RA that 10000hours would also be looking at Crowd Funding nothing seems to have developed down that route either. Instead the whole campaign appears to have switched to writing to politicians which may have the effect of making the local councillors change their opinion but it looks like quite a negative way to progress IMO.

Hopefully behind the figures there are a lot of existing members who are pledging to pay more money or to increase their direct debits because if they aren't I'm not sure that I can see it progressing at all.

The Record report might well be a pile of shite but looking at the tracker on the 10000hours website it doesn't look very hopeful. It looks to me that despite the big push and the efforts of many in distributing fliers only approx 50 new members have signed up and despite a post from RA that 10000hours would also be looking at Crowd Funding nothing seems to have developed down that route either. Instead the whole campaign appears to have switched to writing to politicians which may have the effect of making the local councillors change their opinion but it looks like quite a negative way to progress IMO.

Hopefully behind the figures there are a lot of existing members who are pledging to pay more money or to increase their direct debits because if they aren't I'm not sure that I can see it progressing at all.

I was in the Main Stand the day the fliers were handed out.I got into the ground at 2:50pm and never seen any fliers or people handing them out.I never even seen any discarded fliers.I would think most fans arrive for a game round about that time so I'm sure I'm not the only Bud the info didn't get passed on to.

I was in the Main Stand the day the fliers were handed out.I got into the ground at 2:50pm and never seen any fliers or people handing them out.I never even seen any discarded fliers.I would think most fans arrive for a game round about that time so I'm sure I'm not the only Bud the info didn't get passed on to.

Hey, we only had 2000 fliers for that day a it was late notice. Because of that, most were gone by quarter to 3. It's hoped we'll be able to do the same again on Christmas Eve

Hey, we only had 2000 fliers for that day a it was late notice. Because of that, most were gone by quarter to 3. It's hoped we'll be able to do the same again on Christmas Eve

I'm I right in saying the success rate of the last drop came in at 2.5%? If that's correct that's pretty poor considering this is pretty narrowly focused. It's not a criticism of those that are doing the work, it's just maybe it's time for a bit of a rethink. Up till now all the targeted marketing has been based on the benefit it gives St Mirren - asset lock, fans running the club etc, etc. Now maybe there needs to be a change to show what it will mean to the community. What will 10000hours taking a 52% share in the club mean for Renfrewshire.

I'm I right in saying the success rate of the last drop came in at 2.5%? If that's correct that's pretty poor considering this is pretty narrowly focused. It's not a criticism of those that are doing the work, it's just maybe it's time for a bit of a rethink. Up till now all the targeted marketing has been based on the benefit it gives St Mirren - asset lock, fans running the club etc, etc. Now maybe there needs to be a change to show what it will mean to the community. What will 10000hours taking a 52% share in the club mean for Renfrewshire.

I made that point at the meeting. It would be great to see some c"ntcillors getting off their corrupt @rses and speaking the Co-op and its SROI credentials in the press. As ever they will work to their own personal agendas. They couldn't give a shit about Renfrewshire and have proven it for decades. Time for a new local party comprised of people that actually care about the area and not National, studenty, farty bollox. We need a council that is working for Renfrewshire - at the moment we have a shower of @rseholes destroying our town shire building on years of shortchanging us.

I reckon the CIC / Co-op will be progressing pretty quickly now. The majority of the shortfall - if it can even be called that, will be made up by larger investors both personal and business.

I would actually like to see KMG get himself involved. If his intention was to pass the club to fan ownership in five years, surely he could save himself a lot of cash and effort and just involve himself in the Co-op.

Sid you really do talk a lot of nonsense at times ( chosen words because I like you )

If you were to have a chat with Stewart Gilmour I'm sure he would have a differing view about our local authority. They are not great in my eyes but I do know how much they help the club in an hour of need when games are being called of by the Police.

There are arse holes everywhere in life. But there is also the genuine caring persons who care about St Mirren and Paisley I know because I have chatted to one of them who hates football but try's to help when asked.

Why on earth would KMG want to throw money at the CIC or the CoOp ? Put your self in his shoes. Would you put £750,000 investment into the CIC CoOp which would be the single biggest investment in St Mirren history to have no return ?

Or if there is to be a return on that investment do you really think that money can simply be pulled out of a current account ?

No some sort of loan would need to be done to raise such a figure.

The only way the club will have a new owner is through the selling consortium dropping the price significantly. If the selling consortium want the club to be left safe forever then it has to be with the CIC a fans based owned club.

Come on Stewart in your heart you know what needs to be done. We consider you as Mr St Mirren.

Edited by Lochwinnoch Saint

I got in the Main Stand at 2.49 and received a flier from an eldery gentleman.

Edited by shull

Question :- Did Mr. Atkinson give you all a hand to put out the leaflets or was it him I saw leaving the ground just before the game started ?

The leafleting was actually the idea of some fans and we arranged it. Some fans got involved in writing the blurb, some fans helped with the design. Some fans helped with co-ordinating the leafleting on the day. Some fans helped hand out the leaflets th their fellow fans. The Carrs also placed some leaflets on their counter.

The Co-op is about the fans glen, not REA. Has REA shagged your burd? bangin.gif

Sid you really do talk a lot of nonsense at times ( chosen words because I like you )

If you were to have a chat with Stewart Gilmour I'm sure he would have a differing view about our local authority. They are not great in my eyes but I do know how much they help the club in an hour of need when games are being called of by the Police.

There are arse holes everywhere in life. But there is also the genuine caring persons who care about St Mirren and Paisley I know because I have chatted to one of them who hates football but try's to help when asked.

Why on earth would KMG want to throw money at the CIC or the CoOp ? Put your self in his shoes. Would you put £750,000 investment into the CIC CoOp which would be the single biggest investment in St Mirren history to have no return ?

Or if there is to be a return on that investment do you really think that money can simply be pulled out of a current account ?

No some sort of loan would need to be done to raise such a figure.

The only way the club will have a new owner is through the selling consortium dropping the price significantly. If the selling consortium want the club to be left safe forever then it has to be with the CIC a fans based owned club.

Come on Stewart in your heart you know what needs to be done. We consider you as Mr St Mirren.

fuxake LS is that the best you can up with in support of our lazy corrupt c"ntcillors. 1eye.gif

KMG doesn't need to put £750K into the club. He could put £10-a-month in and then put himself forward for election. That would be a far cheaper option than trying to raise a few hundrd thousand pounds worth of debt to assume control of the club. I can see GLS strolling through the election process along with SG. Perhaps KMG doesn't fancy his chances in an open election. Or perhaps he is now speaking with REA. whistling.gif

fuxake LS is that the best you can up with in support of our lazy corrupt c"ntcillors. 1eye.gif

You really are a sad individual. Why do you persist in called fellow supporters of our Club 'corrupt'. I assume you have not met one of them. Some will probably be at the shareholders meeting tommorrow. Many have supported this Club for decades - grow up son.

Edited by glen

You really are a sad individual. Why do you persist in called fellow supporters of our Club 'corrupt'. I assume you have not met one of them. Some will probably be at the shareholders meeting tommorrow. Many have supported this Club for decades - grow up son.

So REA has shagged your burd then. 1eye.gif

I am not referring to fellow supporters as being corrupt. I am referring to c"ntcillors as being corrupt. I don't like rapists or murderers - if they have a St Mirren season ticket should their offences to society be ignored. tongue.png

Aha! Shopped!!! After being assured that none of them encouraged Swinney to veto the deal because they are shareholders, an admission that at least one is a shareholder. Each little hint brings us closer to the truth.

essennpee coonsilers got the CiC funding stopped because they have a vested interest in the club. Nothing to do with the town, the community or the good of the club and everything to do with protecting their own investment... That's basically what Glen and Scottd and Sid put together are saying. I'm not claiming this, those 3 seem to be!

Aha! Shopped!!! After being assured that none of them encouraged Swinney to veto the deal because they are shareholders, an admission that at least one is a shareholder. Each little hint brings us closer to the truth.

essennpee coonsilers got the CiC funding stopped because they have a vested interest in the club. Nothing to do with the town, the community or the good of the club and everything to do with protecting their own investment... That's basically what Glen and Scottd and Sid put together are saying. I'm not claiming this, those 3 seem to be!

Lay aff the Babychams - You odious little Crettin ? bye1.gif Time for Bed GRASS bye1.gif

Leave me out of it.

Surely it doesn't matter who KO'd the original proposal what matters is that it was KO'd, because, lets face it, it was shit.

Atkinson's new idea is better but 10000 Hours are damaged goods.

Leave me out of it.

Surely it doesn't matter who KO'd the original proposal what matters is that it was KO'd, because, lets face it, it was shit.

Atkinson's new idea is better but 10000 Hours are damaged goods.

In amongst the usual nonsense you actually make a good point there. I also think you are right about 10000 hours as a brand being a PR disaster now. I was listening to a half time chat amongst some occasional supporters and they were still under the impression that there is still umpteen boards, which for me was always a huge area for doubt for most supporters that were swithering.

The c"ntcillor situation was also a bit of an own goal. REA wants a fans owned club and was keen to remove the numerous sausage role thieves from the padded seats. This upset quite a few creepy sponging types that like to think of themselves as being St Mirren. Another decision they made was to keep the professional politicians at arms length. Remember, "c"ntcillors first though regarding any issue / proposal is "what is in it it for me" - nature of the beasts. This was problematic for two reasons. The c"ntcillors weren't happy at being treated like rank and file supporters. Their noses were right out of joint as genuine rank and file supporters were invited to get involved - the genuine rank and file supporters looking for nothing in return...in fact in most cases offering free services to the club like pozbaird. The second problem was that it left the c"ntcillors as a shooty in for those looking to kill off the deal. A c"ntcillor will be on the BoD of one of the "alternative" bids if successful. That I am sorry to say is how c"ntcillors operate no matter what rosette they wear.

KMG doesn't need to put £750K into the club. He could put £10-a-month in and then put himself forward for election. That would be a far cheaper option than trying to raise a few hundrd thousand pounds worth of debt to assume control of the club. I can see GLS strolling through the election process along with SG. Perhaps KMG doesn't fancy his chances in an open election. Or perhaps he is now speaking with REA. whistling.gif

Sid

I'm going on the assumption the CIC has a short fall of around £750.000 to reach the 2 million asking price is that not the case ?

Sid

I'm going on the assumption the CIC has a short fall of around £750.000 to reach the 2 million asking price is that not the case ?

I thought it was £700K but could be £750K....that number disnae really matter LS. The move from a donation model to an investment model will see opportunities for fans and businesses to put more into the pot so the shortfall would be readily depleted. Suddenly there's a few players ready to chuck in £50K sums....the businesses that we below the £10K per annum suddenly come into play. I expect there to be a few more lump sum investments from supporters too...along the lines of the 87 club, which was very quickly fully subscribed.