Monty Panesar

RickMcD

The best and most earnest Cricket thread. Shaping up to be a fine Test.

Quite a turnaround. England couldn't get the killer blow that was needed though to be fair Haddin had a great innings. The collapse was diabolical. Might as well start thinking about the second task unless there is a miraculous draw.

I really thought when everyone was banging on about day 1 being England's day that this might happen. It's pretty dangerous to call any team in front until both have had their innings.

A pleasing turn of events and this is surely Aussies test match now.

I really thought when everyone was banging on about day 1 being England's day that this might happen. It's pretty dangerous to call any team in front until both have had their innings.

A pleasing turn of events and this is surely Aussies test match now.

Yes, it's quite ironic reading this morning's headlines about the first day when we have the benefit of knowing what happened on day two. The swings and roundabouts in cricket help make it the great game it is.

Cricket is the only sport I like to see England winning. If Scotland or Ireland ever achieve test-playing status I'll jump ship.