Jimmy Savile Scandal

Tracy Barlow Loyal

I find it hard to believe that not one of hundreds of people had the courage to come forward over the last 40 odd years . You can be sure that some of them are now jumping on the Savile-bashing bandwagon to get their name in the papers and get paid money for their stories. The theory that he was "too powerful" is laughable when you consider the people who came forward to crucify Clinton over the Lewinsky affair , at that time he was the most powerful man on earth ! Savile may have been up to no good , he even admitted to it in his autobiography years ago , but never on the scale suggested IMO.

While we're at it , why don't we come up with a list of bands who have had young girls back in their rooms after gigs ?

the last point is a good one re double standards and doubtless some attention-seekers are now attaching themselves to the story, but you cant dismiss the vast majority of claims just because they are only just coming out. I know someone who was subjected to abuse for years, no-one listened and their cries were forgotten for decades and only acknowledged once the perpetrator was arrested for similar offences. It is a pattern that is seen all too often (think of the catholic church)that it takes one person to expose decades of sexual wrong doing before the full extent becomes known. the clinton issue is a poor comparison, no-one was taking that story forward until political opponents siezed on it for their own gain. Unfortunately showbiz types are a self-seeking and spineless bunch, many would have calculated that the behaviour of Saville was still probably not as bad as others they had heard of and if it was still a secret, why should they risk the wrath of the BBC or rattle the skeletons in their own (and close friends/associates)closets when there was a corporate machine on his side so fully implicated that it would have sought to crush them? Remember, careers mean everything to these people, above all else.

Peter McDougall, the Greenock Playwright, attended an event at James watt College while i was doing my C&G there in the 70s. one of the lecturers told me how he took everyone to a local pub after and regaled them with a showbiz story concerning a documentary on the abuse rent-boys suffered in London. P McD was part of a group viewing the rushes and one short interview focussed on a young man who told about guilt-related beatings from clients after sex. when asked who was the worst for delivering said beatings (the interviewer expected a generic response along the lines of city-gents or military types) the kid spilled the name of a high-profile and respected (till that point) sports presenter from the BBC. Bigwigs from the beeb were present and they immediately destroyed the tapes and ordered everyone present not to repeat the unsubstantiated allegations on pain of losing any future at the beeb. Was it a co-incidence that said presenter then quietly left his mid-week sports review, left the country for a couple of years and only returned to TV several years later?

This is only one example, there are doubtless many more arsising from the same period when ordinary people didnt have the same voice that they do now. Justin lee collins recent trial being evidence that things are very different now for victims of abuse

I find it hard to believe that not one of hundreds of people had the courage to come forward over the last 40 odd years . You can be sure that some of them are now jumping on the Savile-bashing bandwagon to get their name in the papers and get paid money for their stories. The theory that he was "too powerful" is laughable when you consider the people who came forward to crucify Clinton over the Lewinsky affair , at that time he was the most powerful man on earth ! Savile may have been up to no good , he even admitted to it in his autobiography years ago , but never on the scale suggested IMO.

While we're at it , why don't we come up with a list of bands who have had young girls back in their rooms after gigs ?

Not just girls. Have you heard the phrase "Get me another boy, this one's broken"....?

Guest somner9

So, other than being a bit of a sleazy creep and a weirdo, is there actually any evidence against this guy? Other than some old bints who say they saw him 'touch' someone else. Seems like a total witch hunt to me.

got your halloween cossie sorted for when the kids chap the door?

blond wig, shiny tracksuit, gold chains, and big cigar? that'll scare the little ffers off

I see there is a queue forming to sue various institutions who were associated with Savile.

Think I'll try it, I loved Jim'll Fix It and this has really upset me.........................got to be worth a few £££££. whistling.gif

I do hope that's the programme and not the person to which you are referring Faraway?

I wonder how keen that woman is to be identified as 'jimmy Savile's love child now?

I see there is a queue forming to sue various institutions who were associated with Savile.

Think I'll try it, I loved Jim'll Fix It and this has really upset me.........................got to be worth a few £££££. whistling.gif

I can understand that Saville would have been a childhood hero for some people , and now that image is shattered . Personnally , I never liked the guy and always thought, even as a kid , that he was at least a creep and possibly a pervert . A personal childhood hero of mine was ,Morph . Imagine my personal disappointment when authorities have now revealed that he was nothing less than a playdohphile. .

I'm gaunie contact a tabloid.

Savile probably fondled my buttocks back in the 80's.

I sensed he was a dirty auld man at the time.

There were thousands of other people around us, and millions watching on tv, too. And no one said anything about it!

I was only young, barely 40, during that Glasgow marathon.

At least, it might have been him. I know I was in front of him for three hours and I had a pert young bum in those days, I've been told. He must have been sorely tempted, at least!

How much do you think I'll make out of this...? :unsure:

There were thousands of other people around us, and millions watching on tv, too. And no one said anything about it!

At least, it might have been him. I know I was in front of him for three hours and I had a pert young bum in those days, I've been told. He must have been sorely tempted, at least!

How much do you think I'll make out of this...? unsure.png

Your version is flawed.

Your arse has never been pert.

"Next"

I'm not just being wise after the event but there was always something about this creep that made me uneasy. I used to think he was gay back in the early days of TOTP and of course in those days it was still illegal for males to have consensual sex with another man. Turns out he wasn't gay but a sexual predator and a paedophile. May he rot in hell. Certainly sounds as if an awful lot of people out there should be ashamed of their behaviour and their unwilligness to speak up at the time.

As I've mentioned before, I enjoyed a classical education at Camphill. 'The evil that men do lives after them; The good is oft interred with their bones'. Who said that? ( Bluto canny take part cos he was there at the time!) I don't care how much Saville raised for charity.

Was it pop starlet Pink? Or was it Rihanna?

You sure it was Saville? There's a possibility it was a well known amateur football referee from Paisley who was known to have a predilection for Camphill boys. If he had spotted your youthful buttocks in the shower room maybe he became fixated. He used to run marathons just to be near men. Know who I mean?

I'll be a witness . I'll say that I saw him trying to close the gap and get within touching distance and then , him trying to get close to you at the finish point blah , blah , etc , etc. I'll say anything you want , but I want 10% of the payout. .

Just tell then about you and Jim's game with the feely boxwhistling.gif

How much do you think I'll make out of this...? :unsure:

I'll gie ya 50p for a reenactment.