Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

You're right about Sairsail and the Wood map has the track beside the Cart as Sacel or Sacal...

But how'd you get to 'sieve stones' from there....? :unsure:

The only thing I could find was this.....

"There are references to Blackhall on maps dates back to at least 1596. A chapel once stood at Blackhall. The latin name for chapel is sacellum, and this is from where the name Saucel derives."

The only thing I could find was this.....

"There are references to Blackhall on maps dates back to at least 1596. A chapel once stood at Blackhall. The latin name for chapel is sacellum, and this is from where the name Saucel derives."

I think that's it! :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacellum

I was too 'smart'... thinking it was a gaelic thing just cos my Faither's Grannie came doon fae Benbecula and mah Grampa fae Skye.

I should have stuck wi mah Maw's side - who were in Paisley way afore the Last Ice Age... :rolleyes:

I think that was it, aye.

I lived beside the school so little need...

So it was still going in the 60s, then?

Right up until 1968 apparently until it was sold to th Stakis organisation who upped the prices but continued to sell canteen food. :)

• 2 weeks later...

PICTURE 108 is the High Church. It may now be known as the Oakshaw Trinity but historically and for most Buddies it will always be the High Church. A Listed. Their own web site provides all you may want to know ....

http://oakshawtrinity.org/about-us-2/paisley-high-church-1754-19.html

I have some internal shots from Doors Open day. Worth a look next Doors Open Day (or pop in any Sunday :) ) .

Sorry about the recent delays between images. I have just been very busy.

post-2737-0-91967800-1355843355_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-44737000-1355843386_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-14648100-1355843423_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-69229600-1355843454_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-69001000-1355843509_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-04822600-1355843574_thumb.jp

Really hope i get the slr ive asked santa for your pics have inspired me Sonny.

If you have been a good boy Reem I am sure Santa will have a note of your request :) .

Thanks for the wee comment. I just love taking photographs these days and I am sure one way or another you will get your slr and take it from there. There is no end to the fun, options (and money spent) you can have with a camera. best of luck.

No HSS. I have never repeated an image. Often discussions wander off the image in question and other subjects are brought up. I think this particular edifice has been mentioned in this thread but there has not been an image of it posted.