Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

Well done HSS. Picture 115 is 'Crosbie' situated off Balgonie Ave. A Listed nonetheless!

Built in 1901 with the Architect being TG. He designed it for his sister and brother-in-law George V Boyd. Boyd may have been a banker but I am unable to confirm this.

It being a private home with a long driveway I had to take the shot from the gate but it looks a great building. The more I come across TG's work the more impressed I am by his greatness and his contribution to Paisley. I think a wee statue is called for. Maybe I'll write a book about him smile.png

I see it has a Roof Garden...

PICTURE 116 is the Four Square Tobacco factory at the bottom of Greenhill Rd. Built 1930. B Listed. Architect James Steel Maitland. Described at 'Early industrial modernism on urban site.'

More recently referred to as Carlton Die Castings but has apparently other uses - Gym? Good looking building that would benefit from a coat of paint :)

post-2737-0-62707000-1360582210_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-96438900-1360582276_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-68801900-1360582338_thumb.jp

Edited by Sonny

PICTURE 116 is the Four Square Tobacco factory at the bottom of Greenhill Rd. Built 1930. B Listed. Architect James Steel Maitland. Described at 'Early industrial modernism on urban site.'

More recently referred to as Carlton Die Castings but has apparently other uses - Gym? Good looking building that would benefit from a coat of paint :)

Saltire Boxing Club is based in the building.