Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

But the question is................................... did ye????????whistling.gif

If the question was 'Wid ye huv?' then I wid've. If she was playing hard to get, you'd never catch her. Back then. Don't know about now. Bluto is too much of a gent to spill the beans. If there's any to be spilt.

This is reminiscent of the Italianate style of the Town hall and bridge. But it looks fairly domestic. The architect W H Lynn was one of the big boys and I don't think he did anything else in Paisley, (no doubt Sonny will put me right here), I'm going to stick with the town hall and this the south side door?

This is reminiscent of the Italianate style of the Town hall and bridge. But it looks fairly domestic. The architect W H Lynn was one of the big boys and I don't think he did anything else in Paisley, (no doubt Sonny will put me right here), I'm going to stick with the town hall and this the south side door?

Sorry Insaintee The Town Hall was Picture 100 .....

Hmmm so is it the Back of Sma shot cottage

....and Sma Shot was PICTURE 67.

I am only featuring individual buildings once.

From your previous postings I reckon you would probably know this one.....(somewhere in the dark recesses of your mind) :)

• 4 weeks later...

PICTURE 127 is Stanely House, off Stanely Crescent at Stanely Dam. B Listed. Villa built in the Late 1800s. And that is all I can find out about it! If anyone has any more information about its history then please share :)

post-2737-0-99260300-1371549826_thumb.jp

PICTURE 127 is Stanely House, off Stanely Crescent at Stanely Dam. B Listed. Villa built in the Late 1800s. And that is all I can find out about it! If anyone has any more information about its history then please share :)

Sonny I'm sure this was being used by an American religious group

Right oh So looks like a blond sandstone building domestic scale, built late 1800's to early 1900's, Art Nouveau / Scottish barronial touches, probably not Abercrombie but could be Mclennon

Think I need to lodge an appeal if not I'll get my coats

• 1 month later...

Picture 128 is the former Glencoats Hospital East Lodge in Blackstoun Rd. B Listed. Built 1891. Architect HJ Blanc (Coats Memorial, Ferguslie Stables & Lodge House & St James' Church). Now a nursery although it looks like Colditz.

post-2737-0-01582400-1374783301_thumb.jp