Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

2 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

I see what you mean. Think it's the angle its taken at. There seems to be a great deal of confusion over the names. I've read on a " oor wee toon " facebook that people from the 1950's were there and it was names Ferguslie other say Craigielea. And some saying Craigielea school was round at blackstoun oval.

Image result for ferguslie primary school paisleyffa53bdee8fac64a9df1f2b761eddd24.jpg

Craigielea School was at the foot of Blackstoun Road just before the former railway bridge.

44 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Mrs Ruthven was also my P5 teacher!
Here’s my P4 class photo. Mr Stack is the teacher, he was from New Zealand.
6610867a147d8c3ce9bb2dc28dce710d.jpg

I'm 2 to the left of Mr Stack, Jim Stevenson is beside me. Other people I recognise are Willie Creighton, Alec Thompson, Andy Kerr, Norrie Watson, Carol Gillespie, Maggie Reid, Jackie Currie, Bobby Brown, Harry Bain, Gavin Wright and George Quigley. 

You've no changed a bit.

3 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

I'm 2 to the left of Mr Stack, Jim Stevenson is beside me. Other people I recognise are Willie Creighton, Alec Thompson, Andy Kerr, Norrie Watson, Carol Gillespie, Maggie Reid, Jackie Currie, Bobby Brown, Harry Bain, Gavin Wright and George Quigley. 

3 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Brilliant photo mate. Am I right in saying you must be a year older than me? (I'm 53), as I remember a few faces in there but only one name. Margaret Warnock, ( third row, 5th in from the left),who lived downstairs from us at 2, Ferguslie Park Avenue.  I thought Steven Kidd was the same age as her but he might have been a year older.

Names I remember are, Pauline and Lorraine Thornley, Janice Moffat, John McKenzie, Peter McKillop,  Alan Millar, Elaine McGlone.

I'm not to good with the teachers names though, I can't remember Mr.Stack. I think my primary 4 teacher was Miss Morrison. She was also from New Zealand. Think we also had a Mrs.Pearson primary 3 maybe.

Cheers mate

Edited by Buddie Marvelous

5 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Brilliant photo mate. Am I right in saying you must be a year older than me? (I'm 53), as I remember a few faces in there but only one name. Margaret Warnock, ( third row, 5th in from the left),who lived downstairs from us at 2, Ferguslie Park Avenue.  I thought Steven Kidd was the same age as her but he might have been a year older.

Names I remember are, Pauline and Lorraine Thornley, Janice Moffat, John McKenzie, Peter McKillop,  Alan Millar, Elaine McGlone.

I'm not to good with the teachers names though, I can't remember Mr.Stack. I think my primary 4 teacher was Miss Morrison. She was also from New Zealand. Think we also had a Mrs.Pearson primary 3 maybe.

Cheers mate

Just remembered. Miss Morrison wasn't from New Zealand. She went on holiday there and had us do a big project on the country on her return. I can still remember the maori song she taught us. Carrie Anna.

Cheers mate

Re Margaret Warnock, did she have a brother called Billy ?

9 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

6e406c43026a9a9136cda63fd5f5bfef.jpg

8 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

I see what you mean. Think it's the angle its taken at. There seems to be a great deal of confusion over the names. I've read on a " oor wee toon " facebook that people from the 1950's were there and it was names Ferguslie other say Craigielea. And some saying Craigielea school was round at blackstoun oval.

6 hours ago, smcc said:

Craigielea School was at the foot of Blackstoun Road just before the former railway bridge.

The school behind Ferguslie was St Fergus, I went there from 74-80, that used too be called the Craigielea, when they built the 

new school at the foot of Blackstoun road they moved the Craigielea down there and put the Catholic weans into there old 

school because it was across the road from St Fergus Church, 

35 minutes ago, renfrew said:

If we are talking about the same guy he is my brother in law. My wife and his wife are sisters and no, I did not go to Feegie Primary. 

Aye, Billy was a wee chubby boy. He stayed below us at 2, Ferguslie Park Avenue. Also in that block were The KIDS, The Millars, The Kettles, The Wilkies, The Warnocks and The Hendersons. Years later the Warnocks moved to Barscube Terrace in Hunterhill. Let him know Alan and Fraser were asking after him mate.

57 minutes ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Aye, Billy was a wee chubby boy. He stayed below us at 2, Ferguslie Park Avenue. Also in that block were The KIDS, The Millars, The Kettles, The Wilkies, The Warnocks and The Hendersons. Years later the Warnocks moved to Barscube Terrace in Hunterhill. Let him know Alan and Fraser were asking after him mate.

I don't tend to see him often but his wife Brenda normally work in West Stand selling the pies. There is a cracking picture of her in The Final Chapter Book in page 46 standing inside the Kenco Coffee Jar :lol:

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...