Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

21 minutes ago, Langbank said:

Afraid not but I really hope you find her!!

She bought me a present for my birthday, but was to shy to give it to me herself.

I remember the teacher calling out my name and asking me to the front of the class.

I didn’t know what was happening. 

I remember having a “I haven’t done anything wrong expression” on my face and the teacher having a “work with me here you little shit” look on her face as she proceeded to tell me, and the whole class, what a wonderful thing it was that Patrica had brought in a present for my birthday and we should all agree, especially me, that this was a lovely gesture.

”Aye...............................thanks Pat” and sat down wondering whit was that all about.

I should have realised then that women will always give you small things but end wanting half your house.

She bought me a present for my birthday, but was to shy to give it to me herself.

I remember the teacher calling out my name and asking me to the front of the class.

I didn’t know what was happening. 

I remember having a “I haven’t done anything wrong expression” on my face and the teacher having a “work with me here you little shit” look on her face as she proceeded to tell me, and the whole class, what a wonderful thing it was that Patrica had brought in a present for my birthday and we should all agree, especially me, that this was a lovely gesture.

”Aye...............................thanks Pat” and sat down wondering whit was that all about.

I should have realised then that women will always give you small things but end wanting half your house.

Good story !! Can’t think of any Patricias from Maxwellton rd although didn’t know anyone from the tenements between Ferguslie Walk and Thomas St. I was 10 when we moved from there.

On 4/7/2019 at 12:10 PM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

West End looking towards Well St from Castle St.

FB_IMG_1554635316797.jpeg

Looking bottom left where the rather large pot plants sit, if I remember correctly was there not an underground  gents toilet there, i am doubting myself given the pictures age .... but I would have put money on it.  

3 hours ago, jaybee said:

Looking bottom left where the rather large pot plants sit, if I remember correctly was there not an underground  gents toilet there, i am doubting myself given the pictures age .... but I would have put money on it.  

I think you're right but they could have been round the corner.

3 hours ago, jaybee said:

You're spot on mate, the old westend bogs as we used to call them, they were f**kin honkin, I remember my mate's 

uncle always sat outside them drinking bottles of eldorado, the guy was a bit fcuked up but he was good for getting 

us young mob sorted with a carry oot...:guinness

On 4/16/2019 at 8:36 PM, jaybee said:

21 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I think you're right but they could have been round the corner.

They were on the gushet (or should it be gusset) of Sandholes and Broomlands Street.  They were the subject of many dire warnings to boys of the JNI in the late 50's and early 60's.  The aroma when you walked up Sandholes on the way to the Tech block stayed with you for a long, long time.   :booty

ETA:  I'm sure there was drinking fountain where the phonebox is (was?).

Edited by rabuddies
Failing memory!