Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2019 at 8:55 AM, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Gordon St
FB_IMG_1563263696798.jpeg

When did the bus station shut down?

I remember getting a Single decker Western bus in 1983 from Paisley to Newquay. Just an ordinary every day single decker without seat headrests and no bog.

Probably shouldn't have taken such a big carry out, given the lack of toilet facilities. Never have I been so glad to see Carlisle bus station.

On 9/30/2019 at 5:45 PM, FTOF said:

.When did the bus station shut down?

I remember getting a Single decker Western bus in 1983 from Paisley to Newquay. Just an ordinary every day single decker without seat headrests and no bog.

Probably shouldn't have taken such a big carry out, given the lack of toilet facilities. Never have I been so glad to see Carlisle bus station.

I went to Newquay in 1974 from the Babcock social club in Renfrew. Bus was like you,r but lucky for us there was a pick up in Glasgow.

Went again the following year but didn't make the same mistake   :lol:

On 9/30/2019 at 5:45 PM, FTOF said:

When did the bus station shut down?

Probably shouldn't have taken such a big carry out, given the lack of toilet facilities. Never have I been so glad to see Cit. arlisle bus station.

No wonder that journey is etched in your head how long did the journey to Newquay take and was it worth 

On 10/9/2019 at 11:53 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

No wonder that journey is etched in your head how long did the journey to Newquay take and was it worth 

For me it took around 15 hrs in total. Left at 6pm arriving around 9am. No motorway after Bristol didn't help.

Drove it around 1992 through the night in about 9hrs/ 10hrs I think.

9 minutes ago, Tommy said:

For me it took around 15 hrs in total. Left at 6pm arriving around 9am. No motorway after Bristol didn't help.

Drove it around 1992 through the night in about 9hrs/ 10hrs I think.

The things you can do when young. I took my wife on a driving Holiday VW Polo in 1987 to Europe we did Holland, Germany Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria. We did it in 10 days 3,000. Could not dream of doing that now. 

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The things you can do when young. I took my wife on a driving Holiday VW Polo in 1987 to Europe we did Holland, Germany Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria. We did it in 10 days 3,000. Could not dream of doing that now. 

Well done you 👍  I hired a car for 3 days in Menorca around 24 years ago and didn't enjoy it 1 bit, and have never driven abroad since :lol:

31 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Well done you 👍  I hired a car for 3 days in Menorca around 24 years ago and didn't enjoy it 1 bit, and have never driven abroad since :lol:

Love Mahon have been a few holiday's in minorca by the beach ,  being in the capital by the water was brilliant.