Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

10 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

As in "knocked down" Cockles??

That'd be a real pity as done up it would still be a cracking building.

It’s on fire.

Wonder if it’s just coincidence developers want to turn it into flats?

Doesn't surprise me.  For decades now this fine building has been lying derelict and the local authority should be asking themselves why didn't they liaise with the owner in trying to utilise this historic building into something useful.  After the fire at the Glasgow School of Art I would have thought a wake-up call should have been taken on by local authorities by examining all historic buildings which may be at risk. 

Doesn't surprise me.  For decades now this fine building has been lying derelict and the local authority should be asking themselves why didn't they liaise with the owner in trying to utilise this historic building into something useful.  After the fire at the Glasgow School of Art I would have thought a wake-up call should have been taken on by local authorities by examining all historic buildings which may be at risk. 
I had hoped as part of Paisley 2021 that the building would have been fully restored.

Criminal waste.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 11:53 AM, faraway saint said:

Apologies if this has already been posted.....................

92683525_2773776906068659_1334521638233833472_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=1Wk_vivyN0EAX_nL9-L&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=013a16d24db3c4ed3a61484136e6f1a1&oe=5EB599B9

Remember them well. Did not believe they had the technology to tell which channel 

the television was tuned to. I received a visit from them in the 1970,s. Invited them into the

flat to prove to them I didn't have a television.

On 3/15/2020 at 1:20 PM, HSS said:

82D4419C-6C05-4C0C-A053-62DC211CCD51.jpeg

On 3/14/2020 at 5:06 PM, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I took this picture today of part of the old RAI hospital displaying yet again, another example of how our architectural heritage is being left to ruin and possible arson.  Hopefully, if any of our Buddie supporting councillors/architectural/planning officials are reading this perhaps they could investigate before its too late.

RAI 1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 11:08 PM, eastlandssaint said:

Paisley, general view, showing St Margaret's Convent and School, Renfrew Road and Netherhill Road.  Oblique aerial photograph taken facing west.

Took me a while to work that one out.

It's Gallowhill...the widest road in the picture is Netherhill Rd with (from the top right) Renfrew Rd, Brabloch Crescent, Bruce Road and Bruce Avenue running off it. On the left side you have Abbot St, Fitzalan Drive, Byres Crescent and Netherhill Crescent.

Abercorn train station, Abercorn school and St Mirin's school plus the convent all visible.

7 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Took me a while to work that one out.

It's Gallowhill...the widest road in the picture is Netherhill Rd with (from the top right) Renfrew Rd, Brabloch Crescent, Bruce Road and Bruce Avenue running off it. On the left side you have Abbot St, Fitzalan Drive, Byres Crescent and Netherhill Crescent.

Abercorn train station, Abercorn school and St Mirin's school plus the convent all visible.

And Love Street.  :)