Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

On 7/30/2020 at 3:37 PM, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Every time I see an old photo of Paisley I fantasize of walking down that street looking and listening to conversations.  What would you rather do if you had the choice, go back in time or go into the future?

lt would be intersting to see what a Saint Mirren FC game was like back then and hear the banter at the match . The people in that pic all look well dressed and l am sure that is Tom in the foreground . .

8 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:

lt would be intersting to see what a Saint Mirren FC game was like back then and hear the banter at the match . The people in that pic all look well dressed and l am sure that is Tom in the foreground . .

Going back a few years to Love Street I thought there was  much more humour and many more songs sung on the terraces.

20 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Image may contain: text that says "TONIGHT (WED.) OVER 25's, PAISLEY DISCO DANCE + Fantastic Silverbird Band p.it. till Midnight Admission 65p VALENTINOS SILK STREET, PAISLEY. Tel. 041-869 7762 This Friday 117tk June) Grand Americane Night First dink Americane betore P.m. Admission 80p SCANDALS LOUNGE INEXT DOOR το VALENTINOS) DISC JOCKEY EVERY NIGHT OF THE WEEK 7-11.15 p.m. Free Admission Valentino's 8 Silk Street, Paisley advert 1977."

Does anyone remember the dick of a manager who use to stand at the top of the stair with his two protectors, vetting who came in.  Didn't his name start with a "W" 

Edited by pod

• 2 weeks later...