Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

Paisley Causeyside St Looking from the Cross.jpg

Paisley Causeyside Street up to the cross.jpg

Paisley High St.jpg

Paisley High Street.jpg

Paisley Moss Street.jpg

I always preferred Burtons to John Colliers when you had to buy a suit and also I remember DER in Moss St, we rented our television from them for years - renting your TV - there were a number of companies like them (Radio Rentals etc). That's what you did back then!

Also look at the number of people walking down the High Street, - it must have been the Glasgow Fair Saturday afternoon in July that it was taken. :huh:

Edited by The Original 59er

Wow, did I start something there!
I have always assumed it was Orchy Crescent in Foxbar, given he says: "I'm used to Glenfield road and spending my time down in Orchy" and the song was a throwback to his younger days, but I could stand corrected!!

It is. He mentioned it in an interview which is available on YouTube

I used to live in Lexwell Road and Orchy Crescent was at the end of our street overlooking the Red Rock canyon/ Witches dens & of course the golf course [emoji4]

1 hour ago, Fricky-Troll said:

It is. He mentioned it in an interview which is available on YouTube

I used to live in Lexwell Road and Orchy Crescent was at the end of our street overlooking the Red Rock canyon/ Witches dens & of course the golf course emoji4.png

Which golf course does Orchy overlook? 😳

7 minutes ago, Fricky-Troll said:

To be fair, if you stand at end of Orchy Crescent, you can clearly see , Lexwell Rd , Chain Rd & of course Red Rock Canyon into Elderslie golf course emoji4.png

I’d cut through Orchy Crescent to get the bus at Morar Drive

If you stand at the end of Orchy , you look down Almond Crescent , you’d go down the little path between the tenements in Almond Crescent to get to the Morar Drive bus stop. 

23 hours ago, Slarti said:
On 9/20/2020 at 12:45 PM, Callum Gilhooley said:
I Remember there was the little Iron bridge over the dummy railway which had been  filled in long ago ,gone now . 

There used to be a one-eyed yellow idol to the north of Katmandu, as well.

Is that near the little marble cross ?