Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

On 12/23/2020 at 4:11 PM, saint in exile said:

Very possible it wasn't Copsticks, but it was definitely a dentist in that building. I remember she bought me a wee metal model plane, a Gloster Javelin, for being a brave wee boy! There must have been a toy shop close by.

Now reliably informed the Dentist was called Dr Storie.  I started going to Copsticks much later above Lews.

With Storie being there, I would imagine the wee toy plane came from Walker Street post office .

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

There are some terrific people in our local communities who utilise the funded “Team up To Clean up” initiative. 

The sad reality is that there are many more selfish bastards that live in our communities who for reasons I can’t fathom can’t take home their rubbish or pick up after their dogs. 

Yes, that's the organisation she's a member of.  Littering is one of my pet hates and I don't think the government is devoting enough resolve in tackling it (SORRY for going off topic from the thread!!!)

5 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I’ve been ashamed to hear visitors to Scotland rave about the natural beauty of the landscapes and the architecture of the buildings then say “But why is there so much litter and graffiti?” 

You summed it up earlier mate...............:(

30 minutes ago, Yflab said:

The sad reality is that there are many more selfish bastards that live in our communities who for reasons I can’t fathom can’t take home their rubbish or pick up after their dogs. 

1 hour ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I recently paid a visit to Castle Douglas and walked around the town for a while and I'm NOT exaggerating when I say that I didn't see one piece of litter anywhere including side streets.  It was unbelievably clean.

Lovely, lovely people down there!  :rolleyes:

(That DSS walks about with his eyes shut, I bet...)

48 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

The west end needs a make over. Some really nice buildings,  but I fear they will all be lost if there isn’t some form of regeneration in the area. 

Think half of Well St is to be knocked down with new houses to be built.