Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

2 minutes ago, Slarti said:
10 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:
When did the name change to castlehead? Or should I say, when did the concrete shambles that I went to in foxbar take the name camphill?

About 1971 I think. Then they knocked the old one down and built Castlehead.

Before my time, in saying that I'm surprised camphill hadn't fell to bits by time I left in 88. 

7 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Might be a few years out there. Can't remember if my brother had to do his last year at the new one or whether he was in the first 1st years at the new one. So somewhere between 67/68 and 71/72. Mibbe. emoji38.png

Must have been pre 1970 as I went there in 1970 till 1975.

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Must have been pre 1970 as I went there in 1970 till 1975.

My kids did ask not so long ago what school I went to, so I showed them the pics of camphill in foxbar, the look of horror said it all from the younger ones and eldest said it looked like Alcatraz. No fancy academies then😃. Don't think I've ever come across anyone that could shout louder than mr Miller, p.e teacher since

1 minute ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

My kids did ask not so long ago what school I went to, so I showed them the pics of camphill in foxbar, the look of horror said it all from the younger ones and eldest said it looked like Alcatraz. No fancy academies then😃. Don't think I've ever come across anyone that could shout louder than mr Miller, p.e teacher since

I got six of the belt from him once, still hurts to this day. 

I never misbehaved again, funny that. :rolleyes:

Just now, faraway saint said:

I got six of the belt from him once, still hurts to this day. 

I never misbehaved again, funny that. :rolleyes:

They had done away with that when I was still at foxbar primary. Miller didn't need the belt tho I remember him hollering in my face after sending me off cos he thought I had hit him with ball. "YOU BOY............" jeez!

At least I learned how to post in English, ya fanny. [emoji38]
I was writing in Arbroathese so you could understand. [emoji16]

Actually, I got a new phone with a smaller screen and my fat fingers don't "fit" the keyboard properly. Making lots of typos due to it. Suppose it'll get better as I get used to it.

Do you realise how long it took to type that and correct (hopefully) all the errors? [emoji1787]

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

At least I learned how to post in English, ya fanny. :lol:

Going off topic for a moment, I was reminiscing this evening about and old mate of mine that lived in the Barry huts outside Carnoustie back in the early 90s , are they still there?  

87C09002-27EF-4F41-B9C7-B430FDF22FAC.jpeg

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

Might be a few years out there. Can't remember if my brother had to do his last year at the new one or whether he was in the first 1st years at the new one. So somewhere between 67/68 and 71/72. Mibbe. emoji38.png

I think it had to be 1968. I went there from 1969.

On 1/17/2021 at 10:59 PM, antrin said:

Ta, EAB.  :)

Taken from the allotments below it looks like.

we played most of our local fitba on that flat bit of street, there.

(just above the “as seen on”)

good surface and no through traffic - and the noise annoyed fewer people living nearby.

(I’d left the school by the time that pic was taken.)

I was there when it closed spent my last half term at the new school in Foxbar, bloody nightmare one way traffic when you came up a set of stairs and your class was 10 feet anti-clockwise you had to go clockwise round the damn building

I was there when it closed spent my last half term at the new school in Foxbar, bloody nightmare one way traffic when you came up a set of stairs and your class was 10 feet anti-clockwise you had to go clockwise round the damn building

So what year was that?

12 hours ago, Slarti said:

I was writing in Arbroathese so you could understand. emoji16.png

Actually, I got a new phone with a smaller screen and my fat fingers don't "fit" the keyboard properly. Making lots of typos due to it. Suppose it'll get better as I get used to it.

Do you realise how long it took to type that and correct (hopefully) all the errors? emoji1787.png

Could have saved your fat fingers all that work by just saying......

You were right, I'm a fanny. 🤪

4 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

The brick wall in front runs along the road up to the school.  After I left school (The West) we'd go play football every day.

I remember!

You'd be at least my second or third pick every time!  :)

(unless, of course, there were only 4 of us.  :P  )

1 minute ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

:double

I tried counting those fingers in your post but it's running on to infinity and beyond.

I'd have picked you earlier than that!  :P

ETA Probably

Edited by antrin
In the interest of truth and accuracy.