Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

Aye, overall, I got on well with him, it was just I got caught doing something that, while not crime of the century, was frowned upon.
I pulled away after the 3rd or 4th, that didn't go down well. [emoji38]

Were you wanking under the desk?

Only asking since you said you "pulled away". :whistle

22 hours ago, Slarti said:

About 1971 I think. Then they knocked the old one down and built Castlehead.

Might be a few years out there. Can't remember if my brother had to do his last year at the new one or whether he was in the first 1st years at the new one. So somewhere between 67/68 and 71/72. Mibbe. emoji38.png

I left Camphill school in June 1971, and it was the new building in Foxbar. I spent a couple of years there, so we must have decamped from the one in Castlehead about 1969.

Quite a few ex Camphill pupils frequent the forum.

Many paths crossed and then scattered all over the place.

Overall I enjoyed school, although their was little/no direction or guidance given for any future career path.

Mastering the art of playing football with a tennis ball at "playtime" and dinnertime was a joy. 

Avoiding the angry wasps that congregated around the litter bins, the bitter cold on the blaze pitches, the pain when the "mouldy" hit you on any bare skin.

Your own swimming pool, a great luxury. 

The teachers, usual mixture of good to absolute nutters. 

Aye, I learned a lot in school. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Quite a few ex Camphill pupils frequent the forum.

Many paths crossed and then scattered all over the place.

Overall I enjoyed school, although their was little/no direction or guidance given for any future career path.

Mastering the art of playing football with a tennis ball at "playtime" and dinnertime was a joy. 

Avoiding the angry wasps that congregated around the litter bins, the bitter cold on the blaze pitches, the pain when the "mouldy" hit you on any bare skin.

Your own swimming pool, a great luxury. 

The teachers, usual mixture of good to absolute nutters. 

Aye, I learned a lot in school. 

One thing that has always baffled me, why they wanted you to have football boots to play on a blaze pitch😲

11 hours ago, Slarti said:
16 hours ago, jaybee said:
I was there when it closed spent my last half term at the new school in Foxbar, bloody nightmare one way traffic when you came up a set of stairs and your class was 10 feet anti-clockwise you had to go clockwise round the damn building

So what year was that?

let me see, I left school aged 15; which I was in oct 67s, so sometime around then, TBF it was a wee while ago and my memory is not quite what it was I'm afraid.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You didn't like English I see? :lol:

It was a game changer, hoards of vermin, roamed around in packs, had to watch your back, they weren't keen on a one v one situation.

It did heighten your awareness of situations right enough. 

When I was there it always seemed to be the ones from brediland primary that were worst🙂.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You didn't like English I see? :lol:

It was a game changer, hoards of vermin, roamed around in packs, had to watch your back, they weren't keen on a one v one situation.

It did heighten your awareness of situations right enough. 

WE thought it should be re named Scottish. :) and grammatically there is nothing amiss with what I writted.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I would do if I had actually gone to a Paisley school.

Not sure what your point is.

Sigh.......................................... my point is I'm trying to establish WHAT connection you have to Paisley, or more importantly, St Mirren.

Any school would do, and what's this "scheme" you lived in? 

Enlighten us? 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Sigh.......................................... my point is I'm trying to establish WHAT connection you have to Paisley, or more importantly, St Mirren.

Any school would do, and what's this "scheme" you lived in? 

Enlighten us? 

Mind yer own fecking business ya nosey bastard......as they used to say in my neighbourhood.

Just now, faraway saint said:

Knew that was coming, although you just usually ignore any requests about your connection with Paisley/St Mirren. :lol:

I also haven't shared my inside leg measurement or the date I lost my virginity with you either.

Is that where this is all heading?