Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

1 hour ago, eastlandssaint said:

very interesting.    A 2 bed here would start about 3 or 400,00.  One we looked at recently has just been reduced to over 700,000. 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=STATION^2057&minBedrooms=2&radius=0.5&propertyTypes=flat&primaryDisplayPropertyType=flats&includeSSTC=false&mustHave=&dontShow=&furnishTypes=&keywords=

Haven’t looked really closely at the Cart development yet, but my expectation now for a new 2 bed flat, is for 2 bathrooms. At least.  The one mentioned only has 1!

must be more bowel problems down here than for those folk who are used to clenching their buttocks by watching St Mirren...

I understand sorta.... why the best views, and outdoor spaces face the Abbey and Toon Hall, but how about the warmer caress of a south-facing/western sunset verandah?

our Sooth-facing, Cooncil living room and Verandah (overlooking Canal Street) had day-long warmth and light... and we’d gather in the evening at the kitchen windae, when anyBuddie noted a fantastic sunset.  Often.  :)

(I think I got “south”right this time...)

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

very interesting.    A 2 bed here would start about 3 or 400,00.  One we looked at recently has just been reduced to over 700,000. 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=STATION^2057&minBedrooms=2&radius=0.5&propertyTypes=flat&primaryDisplayPropertyType=flats&includeSSTC=false&mustHave=&dontShow=&furnishTypes=&keywords=

Haven’t looked really closely at the Cart development yet, but my expectation now for a new 2 bed flat, is for 2 bathrooms. At least.  The one mentioned only has 1!

What do you need two toilets for, you only have one arsehole!

Edited by Eric Arthur Blair

49 minutes ago, antrin said:

There looks to be 1 flat with balcony on a sorta eastern aspect, (above Marshall lane) from which you might benefit from the southern warmth, but it’s sunsets would be blocked by Orchard Street.

perhaps I’m just a big saftie.

Spot on. Exactly what I thought when I saw it. Only one balcony has a chance of early morning sun.

No comparison with property in Cotton Street facing the Abbey.

11 hours ago, antrin said:

must be more bowel problems down here than for those folk who are used to clenching their buttocks by watching St Mirren...

I understand sorta.... why the best views, and outdoor spaces face the Abbey and Toon Hall, but how about the warmer caress of a south-facing/western sunset verandah?

our Sooth-facing, Cooncil living room and Verandah (overlooking Canal Street) had day-long warmth and light... and we’d gather in the evening at the kitchen windae, when anyBuddie noted a fantastic sunset.  Often.  :)

(I think I got “south”right this time...)

We used to have great views of just about everywher, from top floor of heriot court. Then we moved down onto brediland road, then to have views of trees and main road😮

39 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

We used to have great views of just about everywhere, from top floor of heriot court. Then we moved down onto brediland road, then to have views of trees and main road😮

When they brought the tower down, I didn't think it went that far. :whistle

12 minutes ago, antrin said:

I thought the paisley view at the foot of the following (interesting)web page, was fascinating, but frustrating as I couldnae figure out where it was shot from.

https://paisley.is/listing/275-years-since-the-jacobites-marched-to-paisley/

I did get there.  :)

Barshaw park.  Probably taken by a drone. 

Edited by pod

Just spotted another braw view of Paisley and Coats kirk from far away (Bridge of Weir!) in this week's pictures of Scotland.

Your pictures of Scotland 22 - 29 January - BBC News

I drop in there weekly to get my Jock-fix...  I am too tough to EVER get homesick.  :)

You'll enjoy scrolling down to find it - then soon below it is another of Paisley: there's an excellent Mill/Cart reflection view.

Lifted from Facebook, stunning.........................
I know it might be extravagant, but wouldn't it be great to light up more of our wonderful tenements. These lovely examples are on the corner of Maxwellton St. and George St. and the corner of Johnstone St. and Causeyside St.   145724509_10221850632888315_4507176331296269686_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106%26ccb=2%26_nc_sid=b9115d%26_nc_ohc=87uY5HvpJJoAX_y9zk1%26_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx%26oh=d52d209df107e0c97bb0d3a4bf558d38%26oe=60426E95&key=f316b2a37fe1fa9146e059eceeb8e5c79a790fd2ebb35a2269cf8da8af456fb9 145666963_10221850633288325_1360273383075943411_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104%26ccb=2%26_nc_sid=b9115d%26_nc_ohc=bzGJA1NljPcAX9QXxo-%26_nc_oc=AQmWW6xIGj-vJTcZTB6xN-EU3EG0rT4Qv-8aCS5ddK0_Q1X3URUb2sJFTWR3yXrp4wF6jCtYsr6VbppIYwX_qVBt%26_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-2.xx%26oh=55c19f9fcde5df75098430f6feb625f3%26oe=604006A9&key=e3feb0ce2772b8ae28555638eb0b0d578b2dd1e578cde1e8f21f96af9605a5cc
Catherine has been posting some excellent photos of inside and outside of Paisley tenements. [emoji16]