Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

I hope this helps?

image.png.5581e2f5161d5f573a9fea3de2949042.png
From (shaky) memory, I also kinda recall tennis courts here (beside the road marked A737) and bowling green/s to the west of the pond...?

(The space for BB pipe and bugle band championships was at the spot marked 'bandstand'.)
So it was in the the same location that the mini zoo would be, after all.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Tennis courts were at Glasgow Rd side and Bowling Green was at the Arkleston Rd side.

Aye.  I was agreeing...

THAT's what I said...

"kinda recall tennis courts here (beside the road marked A737) and bowling green/s to the west of the pond...?"    

... though I didnae say it in Taxiese.   :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Never forget the horror of the golf course on a Saturday morning. Turn up at 7 (ish) to get a tee time for about 9. Then try to tee off without making an arse of it in front of everyone. That first shot would determine whether it was going to be crap or utter crap😅

Safer aiming well left, still on the green stuff although slightly longer 2nd shot. :thumbs2

Best to check no one was coming up the 18th before taking this approach. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Safer aiming well left, still on the green stuff although slightly longer 2nd shot. :thumbs2

Best to check no one was coming up the 18th before taking this approach. 

Topping it was the worst😯

Didn't know you went on any round with me as every shot was aimed well left😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Topping it was the worst😯

Didn't know you went on any round with me as every shot was aimed well left😂😂😂

I resorted to a 5 iron at times, played it as a par 5, better 5 than an 8, or worse, not counting the climb of shame over the fence to retrieve your ball. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I resorted to a 5 iron at times, played it as a par 5, better 5 than an 8, or worse, not counting the climb of shame over the fence to retrieve your ball. :rolleyes:

Anything to make it look decent and a bit of distance to get off the 1st then it didn't matter if rest went well or not

4 hours ago, antrin said:

I hope this helps?

image.png.5581e2f5161d5f573a9fea3de2949042.png

From (shaky) memory, I also kinda recall tennis courts here (beside the road marked A737) and bowling green/s to the west of the pond...?

(The space for BB pipe and bugle band championships was at the spot marked 'bandstand'.)

Certainly has stirred memories. From the plan just as I remember. Also the bomb shelter which was between the tennis courts and the main gate and looks as if it's marked on the plan.

6 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

May be an image of outdoors

The building still stands. Go down the gap on the left of the Piazza.

Or - if ye’re abroad - type 4 High Street, Paisley intae Google Earth.  :)

(i was going to suggest Dyers Wynd, but Google Earth thinks that is Pollock and Cochrane’s fabric store in Rowan Street!  There seems to be an unnamed lane down the side of their building.  Maybe it’s a Dyers Wynd?)

Or - if ye’re abroad - type 4 High Street, Paisley intae Google Earth.  [emoji4]
(i was going to suggest Dyers Wynd, but Google Earth thinks that is Pollock and Cochrane’s fabric store in Rowan Street!  There seems to be an unnamed lane down the side of their building.  Maybe it’s a Dyers Wynd?)
What was Templers Bar like inside. [emoji6]

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Or - if ye’re abroad - type 4 High Street, Paisley intae Google Earth.  :)

373615833_dyreswynd.thumb.jpg.242b6e678a907e60c56c00b3d7ebcbae.jpg

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

What was Templers Bar like inside. emoji6.png

Oooh!

You mean...  The Dyers Wynd, Old Templars Hall (which was only ever called Templars Hall.)

...as opposed to the New Templars Hall.  (aka Ikon)

Was the Old not as dry and TT as the New always was?  Yer Uncles Robert or Davie would have known...

Also: more data from this very thread.  Earlier.

Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest. - Page 40 - General Nonsense - virtual west bank (blackandwhitearmy.com)

Oooh!

You mean...  The Dyers Wynd, Old Templars Hall (which was only ever called Templars Hall.)
...as opposed to the New Templars Hall.  (aka Ikon)
Was the Old not as dry and TT as the New always was?  Yer Uncles Robert or Davie would have known...

Also: more data from this very thread.  Earlier.
Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest. - Page 40 - General Nonsense - virtual west bank (blackandwhitearmy.com)

Oops my mistake The Terrace Tavern was the place in the photo. [emoji106]

Bert and Davie who were brothers in law were my dad's Uncles. Wondering if you're talking about the same folk.

37 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Oops my mistake The Terrace Tavern was the place in the photo. emoji106.png

Bert and Davie who were brothers in law were my dad's Uncles. Wondering if you're talking about the same folk.

Aye, mibbe...  :)

Knew there was a connection there, somewhere.

Mote Hill Road?

I am only a humble (on the odd occasion) tour leader and bus driver - when not in a pandemic.

I read a lot.

Also from the late 60s I coded computers - and you had to ensure to get the basic languages accurate before offering it to a machine that didn't have Scottish accent.

I feel sure that sharpened my editing eye.

I mis-spent several decades leading writers' groups in Universities, Schools and elsewhere. And I made a meagre income from acting as  a script doctor for decades.

Edited by antrin