Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

I remember going in there, in a completely shattered state, after the dreaded team that will not be named beginning with "H" game. A lot of expletives were being uttered by myself, when some Saints, fans who had been in when we arrived, said that we should think ourselves lucky that we still got through.

Turns out they had left early.................................................................................

I really did hate to be the bringer of bad news on that occasion. 

It's also where me and the mates went post-match. We also stayed to the end and got to see the reaction of those who left early.

1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

From that collage I saw Psychedelic Furs, Defiant Pose and Altered Images at the Bungalow. I'm pretty sure I also saw E&TBM but not 100%.

Also saw The Skids, Orange Juice and many others. Me, @herman_munster and @Brian1877 used to go several times a week until it all went tits up in 1981.

Simply Minds and Big Country play there.     A lot of the bands used to player between the Bungalow and the Square Peg in Glasgow. 

1 minute ago, pod said:

Simply Minds and Big Country play there.     A lot of the bands used to player between the Bungalow and the Square Peg in Glasgow. 

Not sure about BC. As I said bands stopped playing in 81 and The Skids were still going then. I saw BC at Strathclyde Uni in 1982 on their first headline tour.

1 minute ago, HSS said:

Did Elvis Costello actually play the Bungalow?I know he played the Silver Thread but I think that was his one and only gig in Paisley.

No, just the ST. It says "Silver Thread" on the ticket behind his head. The collage is a mixture of different Paisley venues.

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

No, just the ST. It says "Silver Thread" on the ticket behind his head. The collage is a mixture of different Paisley venues.

Note to self.........have a right good look before commenting 🥺

11 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Apologies if this has been posted previously, I don't follow this thread too much.

I must have walked up and down this brae hundreds of times on my way to and from the swimming baths from Andrew Street.

Not so sure I'd handle it with as much ease these days. :lol:

May be an image of brick wall, outdoors and tree

Just came back to me, what was the snooker hall between Stoney Brae and the wee brae that brought you out onto the High Street?

I used to nip in and watch on my way home from the baths, got my fist game on a real table in there.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Just came back to me, what was the snooker hall between Stoney Brae and the wee brae that brought you out onto the High Street?

I used to nip in and watch on my way home from the baths, got my fist game on a real table in there.

TUC Club at Orr Square?

8 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
12 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The Liberal Club.

Sorry.

8 hours ago, HSS said:

TUC Club at Orr Square?

Unlucky.

7 hours ago, antrin said:

The Manaca.

The winner, I was going to say something like "The Malacca" but well done @antrin

It seemed to have about 20 tables, although being very dark it was hard to make out the detail of the inside of the building. 

Smoking was allowed in them days, not by me I might add. 

On 2/25/2021 at 6:55 AM, faraway saint said:

Apologies if this has been posted previously, I don't follow this thread too much.

I must have walked up and down this brae hundreds of times on my way to and from the swimming baths from Andrew Street.

Not so sure I'd handle it with as much ease these days. :lol:

May be an image of brick wall, outdoors and tree

I know of a junior team who does their pre season training here

39 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Good luck with that, my memories of the the brae were broken bottles everywhere! 

No debris last times I was up and doon.

pretty mossy, though - as the fotie hints.

I stayed in the middle for safe footing - luckily no cars troubled my passage...

ahem.